GTX780m sager NP8258 driver issues

I am trying to fix this sager that was upgraded to retail win10 from the original win8 - the video card for this uses both the intel (for low power stuff) and the nvidea 780 (for anything not low powered). Currently though im running into a super weird problem:

when trying to open the nvida control panel, i get the following: you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu
if i try to plug in an external monitor via display port or hdmi it will only clone and if i do anything (including just simply shut down) it then boots to a black screen no matter what.
If i remove both the intel and nvidia from the device manager, it will then boot up and then once in windows it detects them again and back to black screen until i go back in and just remove all drivers.

the hardware is all fine.. its a driver issue - sager pretty much confirmed that today. problem is, they dont know how to fix this and they dont have any original install media or drivers from that long ago. does anyone happen to know either how to fix this or where to get the original drivers from (which isnt intel nvidia or sager in this case sadly).

thanks!

Reinstall from scratch? Optimus should be in the standard driver packages.

If you mean reinstall the OS from scratch- thats part of the problem - the install media no longer exists and sager, intel nor nvidia have the needed drivers.

if you mean reinstall OEM drivers, its been done several times both with and without a cleanup having been done first. the outcome is the same as described above.

I meant install windows from scratch using a standard windows 10 image, and then install the standard nvidia drivers. It will recognize the optimus configuration and should just work.

Reinstall from scratch? Optimus should be in the standard driver packages.

Oh joy, Optimus.

If you mean reinstall the OS from scratch- thats part of the problem - the install media no longer exists and sager, intel nor nvidia have the needed drivers.

if you mean reinstall OEM drivers, its been done several times both with and without a cleanup having been done first. the outcome is the same as described above.

Let me guess, you want to install the latest available Nvidia driver that has that card in it BUT you cant because it doesn't detect it?

If so, to get around this, you need to update the drivers INF file to include the hardware ID of the video card in that laptop. plenty of guides online how to do this.

I meant install windows from scratch using a standard windows 10 image, and then install the standard nvidia drivers. It will recognize the optimus configuration and should just work.
yeah, that was done and is what lead to it being handed over to me. retail win10 with the drivers listed from sager were used.

Oh joy, Optimus.

Let me guess, you want to install the latest available Nvidia driver that has that card in it BUT you cant because it doesn't detect it?

If so, to get around this, you need to update the drivers INF file to include the hardware ID of the video card in that laptop. plenty of guides online how to do this.
having never used this before, ive never had to look for this, but i think im finding some stuff.
......in between the transformer returns that keep coming up......

Back