gtx670 ppd low?

Imitation

2[H]4U
So about 2 weeks ago i switched from the smp client to gpu since I finally got my 670 watercooled. I deleted the cpu slot, and the associated extra client options in the expert tab then added a stock gpu slot. Seems like the only wu i've been assigned is 8900 that is worth 6k base, with 19300 estimated credit and the client tells me i'm right at 9min tpf.

I've checked out my gpu core clock in both gpu-z and afterburner and both confirm it is running at 1228mhz at 47C, with VDDC of 1.175. I'm also running the current nvidia drivers, 332.21. What am I missing here I thought this card would easily be doing 60-80k ppd? It's barely doing more than the SMP client and win7 UI is noticeably laggy.

Any suggestions? or is this about right for the card?

Uninstall the 332.21 driver and install 326.80.

That was the last version that worked well with non-GK110 GPU's (both 600/700 Series). F@H claims they're working with Nvidia on the problem. Just like their attempt to fix OpenCL so it doesn't use 1 CPU core 24/7, I call bullshit to both.

Should fix the problem until Nvidia gets their drivers together.

Hmm, that's gonna cause an issue with bf4 i think. I might have to just suck it up until someone fixes it. Guess i'll just hang out. I think my gpu is more efficient power wise than my overclocked cpu is. Thanks guys.

Is going back to 327 going to actually stop BF4 from working at all or only slow it down slightly? Because with the older drivers your GTX670 would be getting 80K ppd.

Is going back to 327 going to actually stop BF4 from working at all or only slow it down slightly? Because with the older drivers your GTX670 would be getting 80K ppd.

Unfortunately yes i think it will. There was a patch to bf4 that pretty much forced users to go to the latest drivers from nvidia because the game was very crash prone before the patch on old drivers.

Back