GTX580 to 6970 Crossfire?

Justin Cider

Weaksauce
Due to the new 7970 release has anyone gone from a GTX580 to 6970 in crossfire and if so what has been your impression was it a good move price to performance wise? I would love some opinions,as I'm thinking of making the move myself and would love to hear som hands on experiance!

I just went from 6970 crossfire to a single gtx580 I mainly play bf3 MP.
1080p all ultra blur off/AO off. Post AA high and deferred AA off.
I am not dissapointed. It's a smoother experience for sure much quieter and much cooler.
I understood going in that it was gonna be slower than 6970cf but I am actually impressed and content and I got a good deal and put some $$ sway after the trade.

I was going to go the GTX580 SLI route but I'm not sure the extra $ over 6970 Crossfire is worth the performance.I figured if I went the Crossfire route I could save around $300 to put toward a new SATAIII SSD or bigger monitor like a U2711 or eyefinity setup.I am on the fence so I need some help figuring this out

I just went from 6970 crossfire to a single gtx580 I mainly play bf3 MP.
1080p all ultra blur off/AO off. Post AA high and deferred AA off.
I am not dissapointed. It's a smoother experience for sure much quieter and much cooler.
I understood going in that it was gonna be slower than 6970cf but I am actually impressed and content and I got a good deal and put some $$ sway after the trade.

dude, turn off Post AA, it makes bf3 look like its running at 640x480 resolution.

bf3 engine is impressive even without any AA, all bf games looked good without AA, they dont have much jaggs like other games.

you are getting smoother experience with gtx580 because the fps is far more stable and not like the stuttering and erratic fps with amd cards.

Went from 6970 (actually unlocked reference 6950s) Xfire to 580 SLI. SLI is much smoother on a lot of games than XFire. Also the noise level from 580s are much better than 6970s if you care about that.

dude, turn off Post AA, it makes bf3 look like its running at 640x480 resolution.

bf3 engine is impressive even without any AA, all bf games looked good without AA, they dont have much jaggs like other games.

you are getting smoother experience with gtx580 because the fps is far more stable and not like the stuttering and erratic fps with amd cards.

I don't get the blurry effect or the quality issues using fxaa/post aa people complain about..

seriously, you need to stop the false information or whatever weird smokes you putting out...

You did it in another thread and was deleted and came here again...
What exactly are you looking for?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to topic, I would go for the fastest single GPU than Multi-GPU if possible.
But that just me, I just don't want to deal with any multi-GPU problems..
same goes to both SLi and CF.

Back to topic, I would go for the fastest single GPU than Multi-GPU if possible.
But that just me, I just don't want to deal with any multi-GPU problems..
same goes to both SLi and CF.

There is this. Though dual cards will be faster in some games, it's not a perfect solution. When amd/nvidia forget or don't bother with SLI/Crossfire profiles, you are going to be using a single card anyway.

I find that post aa does soften or blur the image a bit myself.

I still use it on low or medium to take the jaggies out but am still on the fence about it.

Truthfully, I want to upgrade my 480 asap b/c I just can't run high enough fps without making compromises on settings which pisses me off. Mostly b/c I can't see as well as I would like.

Back