GTX560ti Artifacts

tehdrizzle

n00b
I'm about a week into my new build indicated in the signature and I'm beginning to notice the video card displaying a number of artifacts in several of my games. I've done a bit of research and it seems my card, the Twin Frozr II has the most feedback related to this issue but have seen a number of 560 owners reporting this problem. So now I'm finding myself on the fence of returning this card (still within my window at Microcenter) and spending the additional money for a 570 (I'd rather not do this as I'm running Skyrim, BF3, Crysis 2 all maxed) or trying to resolve the issue myself. Have any of you run across legitimate solutions for this aside from restarting the computer/reseating the card? nVidia states the new 290.36 drivers address the artifacts in Battlefield but I haven't had a chance to test those yet.

Side note - I've also found reports where leaving the computer on for x consecutive days was resulting in this problem and restarting fixed it for most. This is not an acceptable fix for me as this is my 5th build all time and 7th video card and none of the others have required this.

Battlefield 3 and Crysis Warhead have had the most drastic artifact'ing' sometimes covering the entire screen.

Card temps have not crested 63 Celsius at any given point during use and rarely break 58.

I just returned my 560Ti because of frequent crashes and "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" incidents.

Don't mean to thread jack, but are you sure this was a hardware problem? My 560Ti has been having the driver has stopped responding problem allot also, and I have tried most of the fixes I have seen online and nothing, and was thinking about RMAing the card but really don't want to.

the display driver crashing is not strictly a 560 Ti thing, its a problem that has been going on between nVidia's drivers and firefox for awhile. i used to have it but after i moved to a fresh install of windows 7 sp1 x64 a few months ago it went away.

easiest solution is get rid of firefox and use chrome/ie/opera etc.

the black triangular artifacts in BF3 has supposedly been addressed in the latest beta driver

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-290.36-beta-driver.html

Some Key Bug Fixes

Fixes random flickering as Windows boot logo is loading or fading away.
Fixes corruption in Crysis 2 with SLI and lower quality shadow settings.
Fixes ability to set Surround resolutions to 5760x1080 using custom resolutions.
Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3.
Fixes corruption seen in Settlers 7 with 275.33 drivers.

i think i saw this happen a few times on my rig but its never been common enough to bother me. in any event i highly doubt there is anything wrong with your video card.

oh and if rebooting fixes or avoids the problem that would explain why i rarely if ever see it, i shut down my PC daily when i go to work.

Don't mean to thread jack, but are you sure this was a hardware problem? My 560Ti has been having the driver has stopped responding problem allot also, and I have tried most of the fixes I have seen online and nothing, and was thinking about RMAing the card but really don't want to.
I scoured the internet and tried all the fixes also. In the end, it just wasn't worth the headache, so I returned it while I still could for a refund, and bought a better card.

the display driver crashing is not strictly a 560 Ti thing, its a problem that has been going on between nVidia's drivers and firefox for awhile. i used to have it but after i moved to a fresh install of windows 7 sp1 x64 a few months ago it went away.

For me it happens without using FF, and this is also a new install of win7. Main thing I am wanting to know is if this is a hardware or driver problem, as I don't want to RMA only to find out the hardware was fine. And from the sounds of it, its a driver bug.

I scoured the internet and tried all the fixes also. In the end, it just wasn't worth the headache, so I returned it while I still could for a refund, and bought a better card.

Yeah, only thing is I don't need a better card, and other than the driver crashes the card does everything I want/need.

the display driver crashing is not strictly a 560 Ti thing, its a problem that has been going on between nVidia's drivers and firefox for awhile.
My machines that run GTX 260 and 280's don't have their display drivers crashing for no reason like this 560Ti did from day one.
i used to have it but after i moved to a fresh install of windows 7 sp1 x64 a few months ago it went away.
I'm running the same.
easiest solution is get rid of firefox and use chrome/ie/opera etc.
Stop using Firefox?.... lol:p
in any event i highly doubt there is anything wrong with your video card.
The 560Ti's have got problems, not everybody has them, and mine weren't severe, but I only allow myself to buy a new graphics every 2 years, so it's important to me that I am 100% happy with what I purchase. As far as that Gigabyte 560Ti goes... I just wasn't feelin' it.

Has anyone confirmed if these are hardware or software issues? I just ordered a GTX 560ti 2GB from EVGA and would like to better understand the situation. I plan on playing BF3, what drivers work the best?

I am using the 285.62 drivers and do not get any artifacts with my GTX 260 in BF3, at least none that I notice. Previously I used 280.26 with no issues either in the BF3 demo. No artifacts in any other games.

I just boosted the volts up a fraction on my GPU and haven't had a single problem. I haven't tried the new beta drivers and I'm currently running 285.62

Gigabyte 560Ti @ 900 / 1800 / 2000
Original volts: 0.985
Current volts: 1.012

I used MSI Afterburner to adjust the voltage.

jime

I just boosted the volts up a fraction on my GPU and haven't had a single problem. I haven't tried the new beta drivers and I'm currently running 285.62

Gigabyte 560Ti @ 900 / 1800 / 2000
Original volts: 0.985
Current volts: 1.012

I used MSI Afterburner to adjust the voltage.

jime

could be it, my 560 Ti's run at over 1v by default. my EVGA SC runs at 1.05V and my MSI TF II runs at 1.012V both are clocked to 900/1800/2106 (i overclock the MSI slightly to match the EVGA's stock clocks.)

I received my EVGA 560ti 2GB today. Played BF3 and ArmA 2 with no artifacts. Using 285.62 drivers.

I just got a MSI GTX 560 Ti 448 Twin Frozr III Power Edition from a user here and it is CONSTANTLY crashing. The screen goes funky, then it may recover and throw a kernel error message, then the screen will go funky and again and my PC will just reboot. I've tried older 280.xx drivers, current drivers 285.xx and beta drivers 290.xx.

I CANNOT function with the card installed, it crashes every 30 seconds or so. What the heck!?!?!

Phenom II X4 955BE, 890GXM-G65, HX650 PSU, Win7 64 bit

IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0651.jpg

IMAG0649-2.jpg

IMAG0644-1.jpg

IMAG0641-1.jpg

Yuk. That card is already ready for the oven. Can you even tell what temp it is running at? I'd RMA that thing immediately if it showed up like that.

Could try underclocking and undervolting just a bit to see if it comes around. What drivers came with the card? I may be making this up, but I thought I read that some 448 core 560's were not jiving so well with the currently released nvidia drivers. I'll try and find that link....unless I made it up, lol.

Back