GTX260 over 8800GTX: physx overkill?

morkboy_wonder

Limp Gawd
I am putting together a system with 2 GTX480s in SLI. I was wondering if the 8800GTX is enough not to bottleneck the set-up or would GTX 260 be better? I would prefer to keep the 260 for another rig. thanks

what resolution will u be running at? are you going 3 monitors if so then a 8800GTX isnt enough at all

You might be better off selling them both and getting a 460GTX. But you have time for that. I would surely start off with the 260 though. The thing to look for is low minimun fps. If that occurs you will need a stronger card to keep up with your 480's. I ahve been trying to do some benchmarks on xfired 5870 with physx but will have to wait untill my kids are back in school. I will be using a 9600GT, 9800GTX+, and a 460GTX for physx processing.....Hopefully by next weekend.

You might be better off selling them both and getting a 460GTX. But you have time for that. I would surely start off with the 260 though. The thing to look for is low minimun fps. If that occurs you will need a stronger card to keep up with your 480's. I ahve been trying to do some benchmarks on xfired 5870 with physx but will have to wait untill my kids are back in school. I will be using a 9600GT, 9800GTX+, and a 460GTX for physx processing.....Hopefully by next weekend.

hey can you pm me when you post results? i'm looking for a card to do physx with my two 5870s...i might actually jump the gun and buy a 260 tmo and see how it does

Back