GTX1070TI spotted

No Miners do not like GPU's with GDDRx5 memory.

That is why I have 5 1080 rigs mining Zcash right? There are many alt coins that run fine and give about the same return as ETH on 1070's *inclusive of the initial pricing on the 1080's, that's why the 1080's are hard to get as well. Last week they were completely sold out on Newegg and now they have limits on how many you can buy at a time.

As I stated its not about one coin anymore, there are many coins out there that can give close to the same return 2 to 3 bucks a cards per day is a damn good return. 1080's provide that on Zcash, Sigt, Blake, and a few others.

I'm inclined to agree with you for once. $million question is if its an NV sanctioned designation or just an AIB trying to get some attention

If official and NV marketing was extra drunk the day they come up with it could really interesting. Maybe an extra cut down GP102 sitting between 1080 and 1080TI. Because Pascal naming hasn't been confusing enough already... :troll::p
It's (apparently) an Asus card. I don't think Nvidia would be happy with Asus using the ti name without permission.

A 1060 is enough for many users.
What does a 1070 do that a 1060 can't?
What does a 1080 do that a 1070 can't?
Is there something between those that is desired by consumers?

What does a 1070 do that a 1060 can't? = 1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz
What does a 1080 do that a 1070 can't? = 1440p 144hz kinda sorta? or 4k turn some stuff down

Is there something between those that is desired by consumers? = i agree this is silly

if true this would be the first Ti non-flagship card ever...I don't see the point of it unless sales of the 1080+ are really bad

Where have you been? there have been lots of non flagship Ti's Currently in this series we have 1050 TI already and there are lots of other examples from previous arch as well.

guess I haven't been keeping up with the lower end cards...I thought the Ti designation was only used for high end cards

Strangely enough the "Ti" designation hasn't always meant faster. I'm pretty sure the 660ti was slower than the 660. I remember being disappointed since i had 560ti 448 core (basically a 570) and the 6 series didn't seem like an upgrade..

The 660 Ti was a truly great card, one that I wish I could have purchased. However, my single core computer at that time would have held it back a lot...

Strangely enough the "Ti" designation hasn't always meant faster. I'm pretty sure the 660ti was slower than the 660. I remember being disappointed since i had 560ti 448 core (basically a 570) and the 6 series didn't seem like an upgrade..

660 ti was faster pretty sure, it came out later in response to updated midrange chips didn't it, to go up against Tonga's refresh?

Sorry wasn't tonga, it was the 7870 which was the updated 7850.

Last edited:

The 660ti was faster. Not sure of any ti that was slower.

GTX 1070 max power draw is around 215W or less. Does that card in the photo say 650W is max draw for the card soon to be coming to a theater near you? If it is I definitely won't bite ...

Last edited:
GTX 1070 max power draw is around 215W or less. Dose that card in the photo say 650W is max draw for the card soon to be coming to a theater near you? If it is I definitely won't bite ...

Its automatically going to be less than a gtx 1080, at stock the 1080's max out at 180 watts, its gotta be less than that. the 650 watts is probably recommended power supply.

EVGA 1070 FTW stock power draw is 170 watts.The Micron memory when pushed hard gets close to 9000. They sustain mid to high 1900 GPU clock, so this 1070 Ti is either a typo or some asian market where you can buy eel flavor ice cream...wink.:D The cool cards will be 680 based on vega cut downs.

Does that card in the photo say 650W is max draw for the card soon to be coming to a theater near you?

Not sure if serious....650W is obviously the PSU in the system together with the Z270 board and 7700K.

Reactions: _l_
like this
Hey, don't knock it. Whatever floods the market with more fucking cards so the cryptominers can finally get there share and leave some for the rest of us. Prices are getting stupid.
Great point.
Need to flood the market so the cryptominer parasites of the GPU world can choke on their own difficulty.

I'll bet that the 1070 Ti will be targeted toward gaming and will be mining handicapped.

If this part launches, it means gv104 is at least 6mo's away.
Can't even believe NV would launch another pascal gpu. Just one, and not even a refresh.

Thanks AMD...

If this part launches, it means gv104 is at least 6mo's away.
Can't even believe NV would launch another pascal gpu. Just one, and not even a refresh.

Thanks AMD...
?? And that's what the plan has always been. Regardless of Vega, Volta was Q1 2018. AMD has no impact here.

I would've expected a card like this to be an OEM only part like the GTX 760 Ti was, not an actual consumer market entry.

I'm pretty sure the GeForce3 Ti200 was the first.

I agree, though it could be argued that ti*** was a line of cards, that were the highest performing of the generation. Remember when gpu heatsinks weighed as much as an empty soda can?

Edit: Ti200 was in fact slower than the GeForce 3. In the gf4 lineup, the ti cards were superior. First Ti card was gf2 ti.

As one user pointed out with shader counts, they did shut off 2 clusters of cores for the 1070. They could split the difference by reenabling one. So there is an easy card to release. It could just be that with or without GDDR5x. Gap was bigger than 970 to 980 seemingly on purpose that's for sure. Reminds me of when they came out with new 260's vrs 280s. Later 260's halved the difference in cores, but they didn't call it a Ti, just bolted on the core count.

went to the article's website, used a translator, it sort of says:
"Although the new graphics have to wait, but NVIDIA has other tricks. According to Bo Bureau of exposure, NVIDIA has decided to launch a new "GeForce GTX 1070 Ti"
"The specific specifications are temporarily unknown, but it is said to be perfect"
"There may be 2304 stream processors"
"But do not know whether the memory will be GDDR5 or GDDR5X"

Only sux at Eth ;) really doesn't matter what vram is used anymore.....

And they don't need to use GDDR5x for a 1070ti, the 1070 isn't bandwidth bound and GDDR5 that it still uses can go to higher clocks.

Good to know. I'm not intimately familiar with the mining process in terms of which memory performs the best, but I have heard that GDDR5X is an issue and, interestingly enough, at least where I live in Ontario, Canada, I'm actually finding quite a few 1070s that are more expensive than 1080s. This is how stupid the market has become.

Either way, good post!

Its not unlikely for the Chinese market to get cards we wont see. Plenty of those examples.

The first thing that came to my mind were are the wacky custom cards that Chinese AIB company Colorful does (some seriously off-the-wall stuff there; stereotypical "mad scientist/engineer/inventor" types in their R&D dept?).
If anything, with the GTX 10xx line Colorful was modest and restrained (not sure if they have a relationship with Sparkle [cooling solution designer for many AIB companies], since their designs this generation are very similar to those of other companies).
Colorful has really lived up to their company name in past years.

http://en.colorful.cn/product.aspx?mid=84

The GTX 660ti was damn near neck and neck with a GTX 670, even with it's hamstrung memory bus that gave you 1GB of extra VRAM. Both had 1344 cores.
The GTX 560ti 448 was essentially a GTX 470 with higher clocks. Both had 448 cores.
The GTX 570 was essentially a GTX 480 with higher clocks and less VRAM and memory bus speed 320bit vs 384bit. Both had 480 cores.

I thought a 1070ti would be just an OC 1070? /s

Is there that much of a gap?

That's cool. Wish I could be excited but we all know that the coin miners will snatch them up & prices will be through the roof. It really sucks to be a budget minded PC gamer right now.

That's cool. Wish I could be excited but we all know that the coin miners will snatch them up & prices will be through the roof. It really sucks to be a budget minded PC gamer right now.
I wish the 1080ti's would come down in price. No way I would spend that much on a card....

Just give me an EVGA GTX 1070Ti Hybrid to replace my Nvidia 650Ti reference blower...

it'll be about $450-500 , and the top of the line 1080s will stay at $600.........

Back