GTX1070 8gb or better

vidoprof

Limp Gawd
I am trying to find something similar to a GTX1070 8gb card, but everything is over $300 for used cards. I am looking to use this for a PC for a virtual golf build which is graphics card dependent. If anyone is familiar with Trackman 4 for golf simulators here is the link to the website for recommended specs. I just don't know what to buy and they said recommended is the GTX1070 8gb card.

Any thoughts on what I could get that might be a bit cheaper and still run the software smoothly. Their tech support only could reference that page, not really tell me if a 1660 card would work well at all either. I am no up on the video card market, so no clue what is what and where to look.

Thanks everyone.

Link to specs
https://test.mytrackman.com/trackmangolf/support

Thanks

a 1660ti is under $300US and is a bit faster than a 1070 but only 6GB.
so if you could get them to clarify if speed or vram is more important that might be an option.

Thanks.. They are SOO not technical, so I doubt they know. They only knew that the software was more graphics card weighted vs cpu weighted.. After that I asked about the 1660 and the rx 5700, but they didn't know either card at all. They just said the Gtx 1070 8bg is what they recommend.. I don't even know IF the AMD versions would work, which is why I am here. :)

Thanks.. They are SOO not technical, so I doubt they know. They only knew that the software was more graphics card weighted vs cpu weighted.. After that I asked about the 1660 and the rx 5700, but they didn't know either card at all. They just said the Gtx 1070 8bg is what they recommend.. I don't even know IF the AMD versions would work, which is why I am here. :)
well, one good thing about buying a new 1660ti would be you could return it if its not up to snuff. or look for a used 1070 in fs/t.
since its a proprietary sim, i would stick to nvidia as they dont mention amd at all.

Just wait till new 30xx drops. Used prices for 1080s and ti will fall sharply

a 1660ti is under $300US and is a bit faster than a 1070 but only 6GB.
so if you could get them to clarify if speed or vram is more important that might be an option.

Their website lists 1070 8gb or 2060 6gb as recommended so I don't think VRAM is an issue. 1660ti woudl probably work fine.

That said, their website also lists start prices for the launch monitor at like $19,000. I'm not sure I would cut corners on GPU power to save $50-100 when already spending that much money.

Their website lists 1070 8gb or 2060 6gb as recommended so I don't think VRAM is an issue. 1660ti woudl probably work fine.

That said, their website also lists start prices for the launch monitor at like $19,000. I'm not sure I would cut corners on GPU power to save $50-100 when already spending that much money.
i only see the 1070 on the requirements/tech spec page, but if it says a 2060 somewhere, then a 1660ti should be ok.

i only see the 1070 on the requirements/tech spec page, but if it says a 2060 somewhere, then a 1660ti should be ok.

ah, I didn't see OP's link. This one specified 1070 or 2060 https://trackmangolf.com/support

Capture.JPG

I'd probably just get one of the two cards on their recommended list as the license is expensive and you don't want them to not give you tech support if needed because you didn't use the recommended specs.

Good luck with the build though. I've wanted to build a golf simulator, but I just don't have the physical space to swing a club anywhere convenient for me.

Thanks everyone. I decided NOT to skim for the $100... So I bought the 2060 8gb card here : https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForc...=electronics&sprefix=gtx+2070,aps,171&sr=1-58

I am hoping that will work better.. I also don't have the I7 3.6ghz, I have the i5 - 4570 so I didn't want the software to hiccup so I opted for a better card..

Think this will be fine based on what they list as specs? I am building this for the shop and already have a i5-4570 in a z87-plus mobo laying around in a tower with a 650w power supply, 256gb ssd, 2tb sata drive for data, and 32gb ram, and didn't want to spend more than necessary.. SO with those specs I figure a better video card is more important than the better processor in this case.. Since the specs on the Virtual golf side are more GPU dependent.

Think I am good?

Thanks for all the help.

p.s. I can't wait for the 3080 cards to come around since this build needs to be done by Sept 8th.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You should be fine but I normally leave decisions like that up to the client. IE "This is what fits in your budget and will probably work fine, and this is what the manufacturer says you need to guarantee it works fine. Let me know how you would like to proceed."

Then if it's not fine the blame isn't on you. On the plus side they need the GPU regardless. So even if they need to replace the PC with a new i7 unit, they won't really have wasted any money.

Back