GTX1050/GP107 makes an appearance.

Shintai

Supreme [H]ardness
2222_zpsg0vq26f3.png

1111_zpsl4xuzwp8.png

Why do they make the PCB so damn big lol. This thing could be so much shorter, and with an OEM cooler and still would run well.

The card seems to be faster than a GTX960 in P and even more X 3Dmark.

The card seems to be faster than a GTX960 in P and even more X 3Dmark.

Those don't really matter IMO, but if the rest of the performance is solid then this will be great for the lightweight laptop segment.

GP107 is looking more and more interesting with each leak. Wonder when we will see the mobile variants.

If the performance numbers are as good as they are for the 1050Ti, AMD should put Polaris 11 back in the box and start over. Doesn't look like AMD will make too much headway into Mobile with Pascal performing so well.

The more fans the faster the card of course. Looks at those RX 480's that are bigger than a Titan X pascal o_O.

I'm thinking more ITX/mATX (with or without fans), as there are some really really SMALL mATX and ITX motherboards that could use some dGPU oomph, but can't go there due to lack of dGPU space; as it stands, the only reason I can go there is because I stayed fulll-ATX on the case end.

Wow, nice! i expected 1050ti to go for something like $149, but it's even a bit lower. looks like a nice cheap card for 1080p gaming with high settings.

Cheaper than I was expecting. Nvidia just sank the RX 460.

...although the RX 460 already tripped over it's own feet, having no tangible performance or price advantage over the GTX 950 that everyone already owns. And for the bus-powered versions, not a vast enough performance improvement over the 750 Ti to entice upgrades.

You can tell how much of a disappointment it was when AMD only shipped 6-pin cards to reviewers. It took a month later for this one to appear, and the card was only 20-30% faster than the 750 Ti in DX11 games:

The Witcher 3 - XFX Radeon RX 460 Double Dissipation Review

Last edited:
Yea the RX 460 needs to be like $50 to even sell now. Especially cause the RX 460 doesn't even beat the GTX 960, though it is a close match.

i currently have 750 ti in my HTPC, would the 1050 TI be a major improvement? I

i currently have 750 ti in my HTPC, would the 1050 TI be a major improvement? I

The initial estimates are over GTX 960 performance, but you'll have to wait for final reviews tomorrow. That said, AMD is already dropping the price on the RX 460/470 in response, so make of that what you will.

I'd say 50-60% faster. Definitely a noticeable upgrade.

Hmm.. looking at those prices, either the performance isn't that good or Nvidia is dropping the hammer on the RX 460....

The initial estimates are over GTX 960 performance, but you'll have to wait for final reviews tomorrow. That said, AMD is already dropping the price on the RX 460/470 in response, so make of that what you will.

I'd say 50-60% faster. Definitely a noticeable upgrade.

Isn't that a rumor of a price drop?

Might give me a reason to open up the HTPC and put this in for when I upgrade to a 4k tv if they do come out with a passively cooled version.

I've been meaning to build a few machines for a while now, so I can start hosting some small-scale LAN parties. It's been a while since my friends/family and I have done any LAN play. It would be nice if they didn't have to bring machines, thereby raising the likelihood of actually playing. These look like good candidates for these systems. I'd feel fine dropping $139 per card.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
Back