GTX Titan Black with 6 gb DDR 5 RAM around $1000

StormClaw

Gawd
http://wccftech.com/gigabyte-circum...es-massive-600w-windforce-3x-gtx-titan-black/

22.jpg

$1200, comes with windforce cooler in addition to the reference cooler (so as not to anger nvidia), otherwise a standard reference titan black with higher clocks.

Could always just get a acx cooler from evga for it for $40 and save a bit.

Wonder why Nvidia wants to stifle their partners by not allowing them to juice up the Titan? So used to custom bios switches and stuff on the AMD side that I can't imagine having to conform again. Then again Nvidia likes to rerelease the same card with a few more cores unlocked a year later as a new architecture so I shouldn't be surprised as to why the partners are prevented from releasing certain custom modifications.

My experience with Windforce cards is that the fans they use, on those coolers, are cheap sleeve bearing fans that have a hard time running reliable for more than 6 months under slightly higher than average use.

The fans will literally come off their bearings and stop spinning. It has happened to the following cards for me..

Radeon HD 7950
Radeon HD 7970

Seriously those fans are cheap.... very cheap.

My experience with Windforce cards is that the fans they use, on those coolers, are cheap sleeve bearing fans that have a hard time running reliable for more than 6 months under slightly higher than average use.

The fans will literally come off their bearings and stop spinning. It has happened to the following cards for me..

Radeon HD 7950
Radeon HD 7970

Never had issues with my 670s or 400 series or 500 series fans. I ran 80% most of the time

I wish NVIDIA wouldn't be such little bitches and let their AIB's create a custom Titan card, because those stupid connectors on the card is a complete waste, would have been better if it was all DisplayPort would be suited for multi monitor setups.

$1200, comes with windforce cooler in addition to the reference cooler (so as not to anger nvidia), otherwise a standard reference titan black with higher clocks.

Could always just get a acx cooler from evga for it for $40 and save a bit.

nice, I didn't even know that they sold the cooler separately

Ahh, too rich for my blood! :D I will "manage" my pair of 780 Lightnings until Bix Maxwell arrives ...

Wonder why Nvidia wants to stifle their partners by not allowing them to juice up the Titan? So used to custom bios switches and stuff on the AMD side that I can't imagine having to conform again. Then again Nvidia likes to rerelease the same card with a few more cores unlocked a year later as a new architecture so I shouldn't be surprised as to why the partners are prevented from releasing certain custom modifications.

The reference Titan cooler is an expensive cooler. They need to sell as many as possible to make it's dev worthwhile. It's a way to force the AIB partners to buy them rather than implement their own designs for less money.

If it's so expensive then why are they putting it on the GTX 780 and 770? Both of which have custom designs from partners.

Radeon HD 7950
Radeon HD 7970

I have to agree with this... the Windforce cards do run cool and quiet, but the fans don't last.

Radeon HD 7950
Radeon HD 7970

I bought my windforce 3x 680 used about a yea ago and haven't had any problems with it so far

Radeon HD 7950
Radeon HD 7970

My mining farm consist of windforce 270x's and i keep those fans at about 80% constant 24/7. never had an issue.

Sorry to bump an old thread re: Titan Black, but I just wanted people to know that I bought the EVGA ACX cooler for the Titan Black (sold direct from EVGA) and it has lowered all my temps about 6-10 degrees C.

Simply awesome change (for my system anyhow)

I have a Asus GTX Titan Black and the card runs very quiet.
Was surprised how quiet it was as I just upgraded from an Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 2 GB card.
I know a GTX 780ti would be an equal performer at less money to the Titan Black, but I wanted the extra RAM of the Titan at 6GB

Back