GTX 970 HDMI problem

told i updated to the most recent nvidia driver an it killed the output of hdmi out of the card it was working perfect before the update. I run a dvi to a monitor an a hdmi to a TV an i run them as duplicate. It is still deteching both the monitor an the TV in win10 an nvidia control panel.i have tried different cables setting up just one monitor or TV via hdmi only nothing has worked.the TV says check cable as soon as the computer is off but when powered on it says no signal. I have also done a factory reset on the TV. Any thought/ideas TY so much jthis is driving me insane. I just want to play my motogp 19 on the TV!!! lol

The other thing I would check - on your working display, you should be able to get the nV control panel up. Make sure your TV is set to a resolution/depth that it can actually display. It may just be sending a signal that is out of range for the TV (improper refresh rate, bad resolution, etc)

Update: It was the hdmi cables. Like i had said i tried 3 different hdmi cable that came straight off other monitors that were working i would swap them with no luck. I went to walmart an bought an overpriced name brand cable plugged it in a it worked instantly. So can a driver update (nvidia GPU) cause a hdmi cable to go out of spec? I just cannot understand what could have happened.

Maybe a power surge occurred and all three monitors are now more sensitive to variations in voltage/logic levels? I can only throw random guesses.

Update: It was the hdmi cables. Like i had said i tried 3 different hdmi cable that came straight off other monitors that were working i would swap them with no luck. I went to walmart an bought an overpriced name brand cable plugged it in a it worked instantly. So can a driver update (nvidia GPU) cause a hdmi cable to go out of spec? I just cannot understand what could have happened.

Proof positive that Monster cables are not just hype. The gold plating works!

On a serious note - glad it did actually work for you. I’ve had a lot of issues with drivers and my Maxwell card for the past few years. Odds are your cables are fine but the drivers aren’t. The driver can’t change the cable (obv) but it can change output timings and levels and that can affect how to cable works.

Ya I was ready to hit it with a sledge hammer i tried everything. Its still working fine now so i have no clue.

Back