GTX 960 Release Imminent

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/geforce-gtx-960-specs-appear-in-shipment-manifest.html

On the shipment Manifest:
GRAPHIC CARD GTX 960 4GB DDR5,256 BIT,993/6008 HDCP,DUAL DVI,HDMI,DP P PAKC (PCI,PCB POPULATED,VGA CARD,COMP. ACCESS)

I think price will be around $199.99 performance around a GTX 770.

There may be a Ti version around $249.99 with performance close to a 780 as well but that is unannounced and more of a guess.

Where do you guys think price & performance will fall?

Okay. 993 was the speed. Gotcha. So probably 1088 cores on regular 1280 on Ti.

There has to be a Ti version with 1280 cores. 993 cores and 6000mhz on memory seems kind of week.
Of course this is the plain 960 so yeah that seems legit. They have to do a Ti version launch with it now that I think about it. Going from 1664 cores on GTX970 to 993cores/slower memory on a GTX960 is a really large drop in performance. We'll see.

My guess is the 960 was Mhz speed and the 6008 was vram speed also in Mhz.

Cores and actual boost clock is still a mystery.

There's probably no 960 ti this time as 4GB of ram seems a bit too generous for 199$ part.

Altrough if nvidia wants to be as agressive as with 970 everything is possible.

Low base clock, but considering it's still a GM204 with some gimped core's this thing should O/C like crazy.

Low base clock, but considering it's still a GM204 with some gimped core's this thing should O/C like crazy.

I dunno, where did you see that this would be a GM204 product? I must have missed that detail. It very well could be a GM204 that has several parts disabled.

I have a feeling it is a different lesser GPU.

I dunno, where did you see that this would be a GM204 product? I must have missed that detail. It very well could be a GM204 that has several parts disabled.

I have a feeling it is a different lesser GPU.

Didn't see it tbh but I feel it's a fairly safe assumption considering the bus and memory size.

What's the current over/under on a GTX 960 release date? I'll start with Jan 6-ish, 2015 (CES).

Though, would love to be able to order one over Christmas break. Doesn't seem likely, though.

What's the current over/under on a GTX 960 release date? I'll start with Jan 6-ish, 2015 (CES).

Though, would love to be able to order one over Christmas break. Doesn't seem likely, though.

My gut tells me this will be a stocking stuffer for this Christmas despite all the Q1 rumors

$199 would be really sweet. I think I paid ~$175 for my 750 Ti (EVGA FTW) back in January.

$199 would be really sweet. I think I paid ~$175 for my 750 Ti (EVGA FTW) back in January.

For a while nvidia had their GTX x60 @ $199.99 and their GTX x60 Ti at $249.99. That is why I guessed that in the OP.

My gut tells me this will be a stocking stuffer for this Christmas despite all the Q1 rumors

I like your thinking :cool:

My guess on initial price is $249.99

I just wonder, how many CWUs (Coil Whine Units) will it have? :)

Seriously, though, a less powerful card hopefully means a lower incidence of coil whine. That, and hopefully a move on the part of the vendors to get their glue guns out during manufacturing (or whatever it takes to deaden the whine) :)

As long as it is $199 and has 4gb and 256bit, I will probably buy one to replace my GTX 470. If not, I will wait for the refresh. However, part of me is trying to wait out for the refresh since this is the last video card I will buy for my current system so I want it to last awhile.

Back