GTX 880 and 800 Series to be More Powerful But Cheaper than the 700 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
that further proves that GDDR5 is designed for 64/128/256-bit, anything over is just for bragging rights, bling, bling.
How does that prove anything? As I have said GDDR5 can be used with ANY memory bus width. You proclaimed there were no 64 bit cards with GDDR5 so I showed you one. There are MORE 512 bit and 384 bit cards with GDDR5 but in your ignorance on the subject you claim that is just for bragging rights? lol. Really you are a fucking joke with one excuse after the other while talking complete nonsense the whole time. As I said earlier you should really just stop because you are just making a bigger fool of yourself.

i remember seeing a white paper all about memory, it had pricing on all the different types of ram, detailed analysis of latency, speed, etc., and i can't find it. anyone know what i'm talking about?

i remember seeing a white paper all about memory, it had pricing on all the different types of ram, detailed analysis of latency, speed, etc., and i can't find it. anyone know what i'm talking about?

Wait is that the one that had the table of contents in the beginning and the page numbers in the bottom margins...?

Nope, don't remember it.

Wait is that the one that had the table of contents in the beginning and the page numbers in the bottom margins...?

Nope, don't remember it.

no need for sarcasm. i think that's as descriptive as i needed to be, that kind of thing can't be very common, considering i couldn't find it within five minutes on google.

WHAT? My old 8800 GTX was significantly faster than my old 7800 GTX at high resolution gaming.

Likewise Titan on 1440p versus a GTX 680 is a day and night difference in both frame rate and just overall fluidity of motion. But of course memory bandwidth isn't the only factor, as the Titan is just better than a 680 in every way possible. I'm actually interested in seeing if I can downclock my Titan's memory far enough to "GTX 680 bandwidth" to "simulate" what a Titan would be like on a 256-bit bus. Will have to look into this later!

we need next-gen memory like GDDR6 or whatever to take better advantage of 512-bit.

I believe you have it backwards. We need GDDR6 so we can continue to make GPUs faster without having them be starved on "efficient" 256-bit buses.

The card is shaping up to be starved for memory bandwidth at high resolutions. Appears likely it will hardly be faster than Titan black though, could be slower in fact. Particularly at large resolutions. Very well to be a mid-range cheap offering for 500 smacks, but no 110 killer.

The card is shaping up to be starved for memory bandwidth at high resolutions. Appears likely it will hardly be faster than Titan black though, could be slower in fact. Particularly at large resolutions. Very well to be a mid-range cheap offering for 500 smacks, but no 110 killer.

From all of the factual information I've seen about this card, it will be twice as fast as a titan black for $99.

Yea, I think i mentioned it once... unfortunately its to early to start trolling the concept... or is it? :cool:

The concept/prototypes were ready long ago.
Manufacturing and cost limitations are what was just recently solved.

Don't know if we will see it this year but definitely next year.

Start of a new weekend, and only 5-days away from Gamescom.. where's all the new rumors and leaks?

:D

Start of a new weekend, and only 5-days away from Gamescom.. where's all the new rumors and leaks?

:D

Don't you mean where's the new weekly Maxwell/rumor thread? :D

I'm trying to focus on KF2 at Gamescom so I don't walk away disappointed when no GTX 880 is announced, shown, or detailed.

Don't worry guys. The week after you buy the GTX880, the GTX880TI will come out just to piss you off.

Don't worry guys. The week after you buy the GTX880, the GTX880TI will come out just to piss you off.

Eh I maintain 2 gaming machines these days, I fully intend to buy this one and the big one later down the road ;)

The kind of people who would want to buy an 880 Ti will probably have no interest in the mid-range GTX 880 if you believe the rumors...

I'm trying to focus on KF2 at Gamescom so I don't walk away disappointed when no GTX 880 is announced, shown, or detailed.

Very good idea, but I'm really looking for DQ11 and KH3 news.. so knowing Square-Enix, I'll be disappointed on that front as well.

Maybe CDP RED will tide us over with some solid recommended specs for Witcher 3.. "GPU: A yet unannounced GTX 8xx, with xGB of VRAM" :D

Is it too early to generate rumors about the 900 Series?

No, not at all too early.. SA & Whycry started new 900 rumors over a month ago (and there are others)..

Scenario #3: GM204B cards to wait for GeForce 900 series

If TSMC 16nm yields will not be as high as expected, there is a chance that new parts would wait for GeForce 900 series. In fact I think this is the most reasonable scenario (assuming that the whole 16nm thing is true), because nobody wants to buy a new flagship, only later to see the same card with much lower power consumption and higher overclockability in just few months. According to this scenario, GTX 880 would be relaunched as GTX 970, but of course using the GM204B GPU. This theory would also leaves GeForce 1000 series for Pascal (has anyone figured how they are going to name these cards?).

I'm already tired of 800/900 Maxwell 2nd/3rd-gen.. let's jump straight to the Pascal 1000-series rumors! :D

They're probably just going to start calling it the "Geforce Z" series after the 900s, because AMD/ATI use "X" already.

All I know is that my SLIed 560/448s have done alright, but I'd love to ditch them for something that outpaces both in a single slot factor. Then I can 'grandfather' one of the 560/448s into a sub box and use the other as a PhysX/backup card.

I'm already tired of 800/900 Maxwell 2nd/3rd-gen.. let's jump straight to the Pascal 1000-series rumors! :D

We all know what the 900 Series will be, rebranded 800 Series with a GK110 style part just like the 700 Series. Pascal will be what Maxwell should have been. Tricks on you!

The kind of people who would want to buy an 880 Ti will probably have no interest in the mid-range GTX 880 if you believe the rumors...

Just out of curiosity, how many times have the "credible rumors" been wrong so far? (spec wise for previous gen cards)

Does anyone else find it strange that I'm still not sure if this card will play Crysis, while Crytek itself is going out of business. Isn't that weird?

I'm getting two of them just to be safe. That way when GTX 880ti comes out, I won't care.

What do you think I'd need to max out. BF4 at 1080 with resolution scale slider pushed to max?

Isn't Pascal when they're supposed to have like a million trigabits of memory bandwidth or whatever?

Or is that Volta?

Does anyone else find it strange that I'm still not sure if this card will play Crysis, while Crytek itself is going out of business. Isn't that weird?

I'm getting two of them just to be safe. That way when GTX 880ti comes out, I won't care.

What do you think I'd need to max out. BF4 at 1080 with resolution scale slider pushed to max?

that's 4k, which i'm pretty sure any 4 gb gpu can handle.

I'd say I find it ironic. Perhaps if Crytek put more effort into making great games instead of building a great benchmarking suite this question wouldn't even be asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back