GTX 880 and 800 Series to be More Powerful But Cheaper than the 700 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
How in the heck would they OK an anti-static bag as a teaser for an upcoming card that won't even fit in the damn bag? That just seems incredibly dumb.

Not sure if I get them using these as a promo or gift for current cards either. I want my card packaged and shipped in an anti-static bag, not something I'm going to do after the fact (unless put away for storage, or something).

Very weird, whatever the intent.

This tweet is from another twitter account, not NV Japan. They only retweeted it.

But anyway, lets move on.

Last edited:
Seems like I was right!

QEp62aJ.jpg

PS: You will all get to see the NVIDIA Anti Static bag first before the GPU!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If they're aiming for Oct/Nov release, would they announce the cards mid-August?

It would be really strange unless they are impressed with 28nm Maxwell enough that they want the hype train to build momentum. I'm already wore out from the past 9 months of the hype train to nowhere.

There still seems to be a lot of product journalist that are confident it'll be a next Shield and possibly Tablet from Nvidia. Who knows it could be both and wouldn't be surprising if Nvidia is trying to confuse people to "surprise" them. They've done it before.

It would be really strange unless they are impressed with 28nm Maxwell enough that they want the hype train to build momentum. I'm already wore out from the past 9 months of the hype train to nowhere.

There still seems to be a lot of product journalist that are confident it'll be a next Shield and possibly Tablet from Nvidia. Who knows it could be both and wouldn't be surprising if Nvidia is trying to confuse people to "surprise" them. They've done it before.

Lol, it is written on the poster that it is Geforce GTX GPU related.

There still seems to be a lot of product journalist that are confident it'll be a next Shield and possibly Tablet from Nvidia.

Didn't all the Shield tablet info already come out this weekend? Key release dates for that are July 29th in the US and August 14th in Europe..

http://videocardz.com/51059/nvidia-extends-shield-family-shield-tablet-wireless-controller

So the 27-days tweet from Nvidia UK, posted July 17th, would be August 14th.. so #GameOnNV = more Shield crap.

And since they're using GTX branding on the ads for the Shield, then perhaps the Japanese give-away of anti-static bags, contain a free Shield tablet cover?

EDIT: Unless August 14th is a day of multiple Nvidia launches?

Hey, I'm not trusting anything I hear these days. The amount of confusion that's already been going on at a weekly basis this entire year is mind boggling already. Plus I remember the days when people used to Photoshop the crap out of PCB's that fooled journalist sites. A banner ad isn't going to calm my nerves. :p

Yeah, I'm sure they wouldn't advertise their brand unless they were launching a new GPU at the event...

How many people here failed their math class?
What does that have to do with anything?

Thanks.

I bet it will be the same as it was with 780.

For those who forgot: NV showed the card to the press without saying anything about it at all, not even the name! :D :eek:
Ummm... no they didn't.

What does that have to do with anything?

Think he was referring to the "T-minus 27 days" from July 17th.. it's actually the 13th of August, but due to the originally announced August 14th date, I'm assuming Nvidia are actually off on their countdown by one day (given that I'm also assuming they're erroneously using GTX branding for the advertising of a tablet product).

So, math whiz.. tell us more about the magical 30cm anti-static bag of holding that was designed for a foot-long GPU card :p

EDIT: Expecting to see some wood screws for Maxwell 2nd-gen reveal!

Think he was referring to the "T-minus 27 days" from July 17th.. it's actually the 13th of August, but due to the originally announced August 14th date, I'm assuming Nvidia are actually off on their countdown by one day (given that I'm also assuming they're erroneously using GTX branding for the advertising of a tablet product).

So, math whiz.. tell us more about the magical 30cm anti-static bag of holding that was designed for a foot-long GPU card :p

EDIT: Expecting to see some wood screws for Maxwell 2nd-gen reveal!

Wood screws?! :D

Nah, you will get to see a Jehn Hsun Huang with genuine, custom made Nvidia anti static bag(teased in tweets) followed by "it is coming" phrase....

Later, there will be a debate, as to what did he refer is coming, the GPU inside of it or the bag itself!

Heck, I am more exited for the bag, than a new gpu.

:eek: :D

Hey, I'm not trusting anything I hear these days. The amount of confusion that's already been going on at a weekly basis this entire year is mind boggling already. Plus I remember the days when people used to Photoshop the crap out of PCB's that fooled journalist sites. A banner ad isn't going to calm my nerves. :p

Yeah, people are too lazy to 'shop now because the "journalist sites" will take random forum posts they scraped from unknown people on any old site and slap them up as "CONFIRMED!!!! ELEVENTY BILLION FRAMES PER SECOND GPU FOR $10 CONFIRMED!!!!!" in a heartbeat.

:D I remember those days, too, though.

Yeah, people are too lazy to 'shop now because the "journalist sites" will take random forum posts they scraped from unknown people on any old site and slap them up as "CONFIRMED!!!! ELEVENTY BILLION FRAMES PER SECOND GPU FOR $10 CONFIRMED!!!!!" in a heartbeat.

:D I remember those days, too, though.

You mean this? ;)

HIf7u.jpg

It is all about anti static bag.

"The way it is meant to be paid" 100$+ for this bag.

Super-special anti-static bag; "The way it's meant to be protected" :)

Just wondering if that goofy anti-static bag promo is just their subtle way of telling us, "Hey, here's something to throw your old card into, cuz we've got a new card coming that you're gonna wanna upgrade to" ?

Super-special anti-static bag; "The way it's meant to be protected" :)

Just wondering if that goofy anti-static bag promo is just their subtle way of telling us, "Hey, here's something to throw your old card into, cuz we've got a new card coming that you're gonna wanna upgrade to" ?

Nvidia likes to tease! Mmmm, sweet! :p

You might be right on what you said about the bag. They better pack it with new gpus.

Would you prefer the NV bag or AIB made bag shipped with the card?

I vote for the former.

Also,

I would recommend to check the size of your PC Case as the beast might not fit in if the case is not suited for gaming purposes! :(

Last edited:
hmm i still remember the last debacle at the nvidia event when all sites including videocardz stated thy gonna announce Maxwell

did follow the live stream , waited and then i got Shield

its like thy wanna force feed that shayt to people

That they would announce the 800 series at gamescom feels a bit like a long shot doesnt it?

Long-shot indeed. Not impossible for them to announce/release it, but I don't see it.

Long-shot indeed. Not impossible for them to announce/release it, but I don't see it.

If there is an 800-series announcement, I could see them doing it just ahead of Gamescom.

I'm sure they don't want such a big announcement to get lost amongst the other news generated by the event.

There was a rumor over at OCN that whatever was coming soon would be available very soon. If so, they could make the announcement early, build some more hype, then drop a retail availability announcement at Gamescom. Hit 'em with the one-two punch!

Or.. they'll lead us to believe there will be an 800-series announcement coming (with vague tweets), and with all eyes/ears glued to Gamescom, they'll have our full attention - and then use that to try and sell us a fucking tablet :rolleyes:

You saw it here first folks! ;)

If there is an 800-series announcement, I could see them doing it just ahead of Gamescom.

I'm sure they don't want such a big announcement to get lost amongst the other news generated by the event.

There was a rumor over at OCN that whatever was coming soon would be available very soon. If so, they could make the announcement early, build some more hype, then drop a retail availability announcement at Gamescom. Hit 'em with the one-two punch!

Or.. they'll lead us to believe there will be an 800-series announcement coming (with vague tweets), and with all eyes/ears glued to Gamescom, they'll have our full attention - and then use that to try and sell us a fucking tablet :rolleyes:

You saw it here first folks! ;)

Not many people will buy 880. Huge and expensive.

Will be at gamescom though. It is the latter which matters, but it wont be here until few months down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back