GTX 780ti price.

PowermanX4

n00b
Do you think Nvidia will drop the price on the 780ti when the 790 is released? Or does nvidia typically wait to drop prices when they release whole new series of cards?

Do you think Nvidia will drop the price on the 780ti when the 790 is released? Or does nvidia typically wait to drop prices when they release whole new series of cards?
Top tier cards rarely drop in price until new generations.

Low end and mid grades always drop first.

Top tier cards rarely drop in price until new generations.

Low end and mid grades always drop first.

What about reiterations of top tier cards? Will the 3gb cards go down a little with the release of the 6gb versions?

This Kepler generation has really had a very minimal price drop compared to previous generations. Hell my GTX 670's are still pretty pricey (the Gigabyte versions) as I can still find them new for $400 and used for $250.

Even so compared to AMD solutions which are currently inflated thanks to cryptocurrency Nvidia has no reason to aggressively price their cards lower and that's the biggest reason why we haven't seen greater drops. No true competition at the price point. You can grab a 780 Ghz edition card that out performs a 290X and once overclocked basically equals the performance of a standard 780 ti (and Titan for that matter , mostly) and is $125 cheaper than the 290X and is almost $175 cheaper than the 780 ti so why drop the price further for your high tier cards when they are already cheaper than the competitors best offerings?

If Nvidia cards were able to mine as well as well as AMD cards then at least there would be a reason for Nvidia to drop prices like they have in the past. There is some work being done towards this goal and frankly I can not wait. I mine with my 290 cards and after I pay electricity I'm making a nice bit of extra money.

This Kepler generation has really had a very minimal price drop compared to previous generations. Hell my GTX 670's are still pretty pricey (the Gigabyte versions) as I can still find them new for $400 and used for $250.

Even so compared to AMD solutions which are currently inflated thanks to cryptocurrency Nvidia has no reason to aggressively price their cards lower and that's the biggest reason why we haven't seen greater drops. No true competition at the price point. You can grab a 780 Ghz edition card that out performs a 290X and once overclocked basically equals the performance of a standard 780 ti (and Titan for that matter , mostly) and is $125 cheaper than the 290X and is almost $175 cheaper than the 780 ti so why drop the price further for your high tier cards when they are already cheaper than the competitors best offerings?

If Nvidia cards were able to mine as well as well as AMD cards then at least there would be a reason for Nvidia to drop prices like they have in the past. There is some work being done towards this goal and frankly I can not wait. I mine with my 290 cards and after I pay electricity I'm making a nice bit of extra money.

Oh wow, I wasn't aware that the 780 could scale that high overclocked, which 780 would you recommend? I'm an EVGA guy, will the ACX cooler be adequate enough for overclocking that high?

Oh wow, I wasn't aware that the 780 could scale that high overclocked, which 780 would you recommend? I'm an EVGA guy, will the ACX cooler be adequate enough for overclocking that high?

If your set on an evga 780 and want to overclock. Get the 780 classified.

Did OP actually write "nvidia" and "price drop" in the same paragraph??

:D

780 ti has dropped I picked mine up and an oc version for 659.99

Yeah, I don't think the MSRP will drop at all on this. Highly doubtful. However, a lot of models regularly go on sale below the 700$ mark, aftermarket overclocked cards at that. What I would do is keep an eye on techbargains.com - you can find some good stuff there every now and then. They track sales for various tech gadgets and PC components.

Check your local Craigslist. I see EVGA 780 Ti superclocked and even classified for ~$500.

I just went with the Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II for $510 from my local Fry's! Can't beat that and I could care less about the 500 extra cuda cores for $200 more. That small percentage increase in performance is not worth the extra $200 for me.

I'd rather have this card and upgrade when the 880 comes out or something.

I just went with the Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II for $510 from my local Fry's! Can't beat that and I could care less about the 500 extra cuda cores for $200 more. That small percentage increase in performance is not worth the extra $200 for me.

I'd rather have this card and upgrade when the 880 comes out or something.

Plus if you get a 780 Ghz edition you can get some insane overclocking and the performance really ends up nearly equaling that of a 780 ti.

If I would bite on that Asus but I'm worried about dealing with an RMA.

Plus if you get a 780 Ghz edition you can get some insane overclocking and the performance really ends up nearly equaling that of a 780 ti.

If I would bite on that Asus but I'm worried about dealing with an RMA.

Yup! You can overclock this thing past a 780ti performance wise. Just read the reviews on here and elsewhere. Amazing card, cant beat it really, for the price.

As far as RMA goes, im never worried about that. I guess I must be lucky, never had to RMA anything and ive been doing this for years!

Nvidia will bend you over and extract every dollar out of your wallet. The retailers will bend you over and take the rest of the change you have in your pocket.

Yup! You can overclock this thing past a 780ti performance wise. Just read the reviews on here and elsewhere. Amazing card, cant beat it really, for the price.

As far as RMA goes, im never worried about that. I guess I must be lucky, never had to RMA anything and ive been doing this for years!

sooner or later u will :D

Mmmmkay let's see...$3,000 for two GPU's. I mean I'm not gonna knock ya if you have cash to burn but considering the leftover scraps PC has been getting lately as far as gaming goes that is insane. I mean it is convenient but $2,000 MSRP would have been more reasonable. The extra grand is for what exactly? That money could go toward better cooling for two Titan Blacks.

It does have the vram i was looking for but the price is astronomical.

Mmmmkay let's see...$3,000 for two GPU's. I mean I'm not gonna knock ya if you have cash to burn but considering the leftover scraps PC has been getting lately as far as gaming goes that is insane. I mean it is convenient but $2,000 MSRP would have been more reasonable. The extra grand is for what exactly? That money could go toward better cooling for two Titan Blacks.

It does have the vram i was looking for but the price is astronomical.

I'm not aware of any 780ti that costs 1500$. Are you in the wrong thread?;) I see 780ti in the title of the thread.

The 6GB 780ti also will cost 750$ through EVGA. Perhaps you're confusing this thread with the Titan Z, which costs as much as it does due to having higher DP/CUDA development performance. I'd say gamers generally will not opt for the Titan Z. Assuming you're discussing the Titan Z.

You can get 6GB 780ti's for 1500$ total, though, when EVGA releases them. Or you can get 6GB 780s in SLI for 1100$. I'd say this is what gamers will go for if they want 6GB. Titan Z , not so much.

I'm not aware of any 780ti that costs 1500$. Are you in the wrong thread?;) I see 780ti in the title of the thread.

The 6GB 780ti also will cost 750$ through EVGA. Perhaps you're confusing this thread with the Titan Z, which costs as much as it does due to having higher DP/CUDA development performance. I'd say gamers generally will not opt for the Titan Z. Assuming you're discussing the Titan Z.

You can get 6GB 780ti's for 1500$ total, though, when EVGA releases them. Or you can get 6GB 780s in SLI for 1100$. I'd say this is what gamers will go for if they want 6GB. Titan Z , not so much.

Yer kind o' logic ain't welcome round these here parts, buddy.... :p.

Spot on though.

Back