GTX 780 OC Sli > upgrade to > ?

Milkovic

n00b
My gaming rig has 2 Gigabyte GTX 780 OC [Ghz Ed.] in Sli.
Since I'll like some more FPS power under my hood, which is the most effective upgrade, considering that a GTX 780 Ti Sli upgrade doesn't seem worth it?
Titan Black Sli?
GTX 780 3way Sli?
GTX 780 Ti 3way Sli?
Wait for next gen?
:confused:

Last edited:
Wait for next gen. What are you playing at what resolution that two 780s can't keep up? What are the rest of your specs?

Hmm, that's a really strange question indeed. What kind of resolution are you running?

List the rest of your specs, resolution that you game at and what games you play please.

i7 4930k @ 4400Mhz
16Gb Ram 1866Mhz
2 way SLI GTX780 OC 1200Mhz/6800Mhz

My target is to run any game at 60fps min. (not average) @ 2560x1440

what games go under 60 fps other than pieces of horribly unoptimized horse shit like ac4?

I'm still confused. 780SLI should really be killing it at 1440p, unless you go overboard with crazy override SSAA settings.

Yeah a nicely overclocked 780ti SLI setup will give at least 20% over your cards. Better to wait until the end of the year and see the 20nm card's performance.

2x 780 classifieds here. no probs keeping 60fps with any game at 2560

I have two GTX 780's OCd and even Crysis 3 max with FXAA runs at or above 60FPS. Very few occasions did I see it drop below 60 FPS in Crysis. All other games including BF4 run 80 FPS or above. I am running at 3440x1440, which is a good 25-30% more resolution then 1440p. I keep thinking I should get Ti's due to interest in Star Citizen, but I cannot justified an extra $300-350 for maybe 15% difference.

That was a pointless post. Why bother if you have nothing to say....

You're right I should have added "780oc sli can run anything at 1440 so upgrading now is dumb for the most part but you already knew that. As others have already stated it was most likely a poor attempt at a flex thread"

Also, Don't call someone's post pointless and then and go and do the exact same thing. All that's doing is thread polluting and is quite hypocritical to boot.

Best bet that most would agree on would be to get either two 295x2s or two Titan Zs when they come out...

But seriously, your setup is pretty nice as is and you would be better off waiting for next a gen set which would hopefully be a decent bump up in performance and efficiency or just get another 780 cheap down the road.

Unless you have disposable income, just wait.

If you can spare the cash and want better performance while sticking to Nvidia, the 780Ti SLI is a reasonable option.

Back