GTX 780 (any info on it yet?)

dinlee23

Gawd
just thinking that if titan is only 30-50% faster than the current gen will the 780 be slower than it? cause if it is then its not even worth the money to upgrade cause the only logical thing to do would be to save up money and just get the titan

Q3/Q4 That's all.

Titan and 690 will be fastest solutions from Nv until Maxwell.
The GK104 doesn't have much left in the tank, that's why the Titan exists.

GTX780? What's wrong with a Titan?

No guarantee of the GTX 780 pricing either. AMD already said no new cards to replace the 7900s this year.
Nv can do what they like pricing wise in 2013.

is the 780 based off the titan architecture or is it going to be an updated kepler?

is the 780 based off the titan architecture or is it going to be an updated kepler?

Faint and I mean faint rumors of a cut-down GK110 could be coming later in the year to replace the GK104 on the high-end.
But...it won't be $500. Probably $600-800 for it because AMD will not have an answer this year. But this is all rumor.

Nvidia will release a refresh for Kepler as GTX 7xxx

However Here is how I predict they will do it

GTX 760 Ti will be a die shrunk GTX 680

They will put the mid range gpu back where it belongs in the stack is basically my prediction

The GTX 770 and 780 will be based on a die shrunk GK110 GPU and the prices will come back down to what we expect for our normal stack of Mid range to high end cards.

I'm going to say that GTX 760 on up will all debut in about 6 months time to give Titan it's time to do what it needs to do.

Another possibility is that a die shrunk 680 will be the GTX 780 but I just can't see that being much faster than a Titan, and I can't see how they would do that exactly and still charge the average price for a high end flagship card without making all Titan owners feel bitter about being outshined at half the price in such a short time.

700 series will be OEM-only builds, like the 100 and 300 series. Maxwell will be the 800 series. I say this because we already know there won't be an EVGA GTX 790.

Decisions?

Nvidia's flagship video cards typically have a 40-50% performance advantage over the previous generation. You can get that today and it costs $999. They're not going to be releasing a GTX 7xx anytime soon. They are clearly trying to milk as much money as possible out of this generation, and since AMD is not competing with them, they'll charge as much as they think they can get.

Decisions?

Nvidia's flagship video cards typically have a 40-50% performance advantage over the previous generation. You can get that today and it costs $999. They're not going to be releasing a GTX 7xx anytime soon. They are clearly trying to milk as much money as possible out of this generation, and since AMD is not competing with them, they'll charge as much as they think they can get.

Funny cause I tought amd crushed every gtx this gen performence and performence/$

nvidia has never been too friendly with their price drops regarding their flagship cards though :/

I wouldn't expect any price drops from nvidia anytime soon. I would rather get gtx 780 sli than get titan sli just because of the pricing. Although I don't expect that to be coming out anytime soon. One titan should hold my 5916x1080p @ 74hz down perfectly fine until I get another later this year.

What does everyone think the gtx 680 will cost?

history is literally repeating itself... we're back in the voodoo era of graphic computing. next gen consoles are last gen pc specs.... the card solutions will get bigger.... and barely show any signs of major improvements.. it's like going from a 5870 to a 7970.... we support all this... but it still plays like shit until this comes out!

So much speculation, it's glorious! But yeah, nobody really knows for sure. Titan just came out, and if you want the performance but not the chunk out of your wallet, just slap two high end cards in and call it a day.

Decisions?

40-50% is only on die shrinks.

480 vs 580 was just a respin and better yields allowing the last group of 32 stream processors to be activated.

It will be interesting to see if Nvidia uses crippled GK110 chips, a beefed up GK104, or simply forgo the 700 series with the news that AMD won't be releasing the 8000 series this year. I'm sure there are a goodly number of gimped GK110 chips laying around, but I somewhat doubt there is enough for a mainstream product. Unless they were already spinning up a beefier GK104 chip, I really think it very likely we will be waiting well over a year for a Maxwell based 780.

None that I've heard. I like to think the Titan is the 780gtx. The 780 will likely just be cut down from there.

I wouldn't expect any price drops from nvidia anytime soon. I would rather get gtx 780 sli than get titan sli just because of the pricing. Although I don't expect that to be coming out anytime soon. One titan should hold my 5916x1080p @ 74hz down perfectly fine until I get another later this year.

What does everyone think the gtx 680 will cost?

I think it'll cost about $450 or so:D http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127671

Funny cause I tought amd crushed every gtx this gen performence and performence/$

Crushes them? No. Beats them by a smallish margin in FPS testing? Yes. Has a price advantage over them? Oh, for sure.

Back