GTX 770 series need Inductor. *UPDATE* Fixed It

cbroseinak

n00b
I need an inductor for a GTX 770 reference card. If someone has a dead one they could remove parts off of? for some $

One of mine has been forcibly removed... and is long gone....

just look in any electronic store for a R22 or R47 coil inductor those are the one used on your GPU (typically 5 R22 and one or two R47), they are extremely cheap and will guarantee a better job than just extracting another from an used card... be sure they are shielded with no more than 0.008ohms resistance and 8.5A for the R22 and 0.0033ohms, 10A for the R47, inductace it's standard for each model so nothing to worry or check about.

Ok, so I had a Zotac GTX 770 board in my "for parts" box. Though the inductors were not the same, nor in quite the same configuration on the PCB, I decided they were basically performing the same way, just not the exact "reference card way". So I used one of those. Still no worky, the board powered up, but no display. So I figured since they knocked one inductor off via abuse that they more than likely damaged something else. After searching carefully for a near hour or so I located a very small resistor that had the top chipped off. Again, using parts off my Zotac parts board, I located a resister of the same resistance as some of the other resistors nearby the damaged one, not a sure way to get it done, but EVGA wont give me info, so i'm left to my own decisions on what might work. replaced it and low and behold the card is up and running now. Ran it thru an hour of various benchmarks and it appears I fixed it. I do however intend to use some sort of monitoring program to check on RAM voltages, GPU voltages and anything else that I can. Any ideas on what program to use would be helpful. Here is a pic of the resistor which is nearest the tip of a ball point pin I had to replace: https://postimg.org/image/4pa9dgsyh/

Try MSI Afterburner to monitor gpu temps and voltage.. don't think theres a program to monitor the mem voltage.

Back