GTX 770 no video MSI Z87m Gaming

kingdom9214

Limp Gawd
I recently got a MSI Z87m Gaming board to replace my MSI H97i-AC motherboard. After getting everything put back together I power on the board and I'm getting the MSI B2 post code with no video. After thinking the board was dead I decided to put an old 7870 I had sitting around in the PC and BAM the pc boots no problem and goes right into windows.

Now I'm thinking the GTX 770 is dead, so I pull out my 980ti's in my main rig and put the 770 in. The computer post, and boots right into windows. I even fired up CS:GO and the GTX 770 works perfectly fine. Now knowing the 770 is good, and the Z87 board work. I go into the bios and make sure its nothing to do with UEFI or Legacy mode. I try both booting with UEFI and Legacy both fail to produce video. Next I assume its a GPU incompatibility with the bios. So I updated the bios from 1.2 to the newest 1.5 bios. After the bios update I still get no post.

Now I think my power supply is bad, so I pull out an R9 290x out of my GF rig and put it in. The computer posts and works just fine with the 290x. So its not a power issue. I'm pretty much out of ideas, and I don't want to be stuck with a 7870 instead of my GTX 770. Anyone else have any idea how to fix this ?

Specs:
i5 4690k
Coolermaster Hyper 212
MSI Z87m Gaming MB
8gb Ripjaw 1600mhz DDR3
EVGA GTX 770 SC-ACX
Corsair CX600m

This may be a long shot... but I wonder if it is possible to request for updated GPU firmware from the manufacturer

Back