GTX 760 Pricing post 960 launch?

Urraca

Gawd
Hey All,

It's been YEARS since I built my last desktop (yes, the rig in my sig is still accurate), and I'm trying to build a sub $1,000 rig ($800 would be great, but need SSDs/microITX etc). I don't do too much gaming (and I run at 1080p) anymore, but I want to be able to have the option.

Currently, the 760GTX is $220-$250, just wondering how much we can expect that to drop after the 960 launch? I haven't watched the trends over the years. I'm also wondering how far the GTX 750ti will get pushed down as well...

Really trying to keep costs low, as I'll probably also be buying a new retina macbook pro.

Thanks!

Are they still even going to produce it? I thought the 700 series was hitting end of life, which kinda puts a crimp on any price drop you might see.

Over my years of watching Newegg since the 200 Series, Nvidia really does rarely drop prices. Once it becomes EOL and no longer produced the price depends less on what Nvidia or retailers set, and more to do with the market demand. Prices will probably drop enough that the older cards don't overshadow the newer ones, but not always and it isn't that drastic or fast in the past 6 years I've been watching it.

Don't wait for prices to fall or you'll be disappointed or waiting so long that by the time the card you want is low enough it'll be ancient.

Other option is to buy used. I hate buying used anything personally, but it's a way to maximize performance per dollar.

Maybe below $200, and that is a big maybe.

Are they still even going to produce it? I thought the 700 series was hitting end of life, which kinda puts a crimp on any price drop you might see.

770, 780, and 780ti are EOL. 760's received a price reduction.

Back