GTX 690 to GTX 980 ti Upgrade

Ed Lin

Weaksauce
Hello folks,

I've only been able to find one or two Google hits regarding GTX 690 users who've upgraded to the 980 ti. I'm on the fence about it and thinking of pulling the trigger for the 980 ti. I play a mix of games as far as hardware requirements are concerned. Right now I'm playing Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments but I'm gonna follow that up with Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight once they get that act together.

Have any of you gone this route and can you speak briefly to your experience with the upgrade? Was it worth the upgrade co$t?

Thanks.

I upgraded from two 680s in SLI which is similar to a 690 to a 980Ti and it was worth every penny. Even in games that don't need the extra VRAM and scale well with SLI the 980Ti is still noticeably faster. In games that do need the extra VRAM and horsepower it's no contest. Also with a single card setup you don't have to deal with all the SLI issues like micro stutter and visual glitches. Single GPUs work better with G-Sync as well.

Basically if you upgrade to a 980Ti you'll get a much better experience.

Hi GameLifter -- I forgot that the 690 was actually dual 680's. You are tempting me to go ahead and open my wallet. Thanks.

Back