GTX 690 only 1 mini display

mococaido

n00b
Why Nvidia went with 3 DVIs and only 1 mini display?

Why didn't they put in 4 mini displays?

DVI is still a much more common interface than DisplayPort.

And the adapters to go from DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI are cheap. So it supports pretty much every single display on the market.

On the other hand DisplayPort to DL-DVI is a $60-80 adapter.

DVI is still a much more common interface than DisplayPort.

And the adapters to go from DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI are cheap. So it supports pretty much every single display on the market.

On the other hand DisplayPort to DL-DVI is a $60-80 adapter.

If they used DisplayPort++ there wouldn't be any problems.

You can daisy chain display port can't you? have I think 4 monitors using just one DP connector (and some sort of adapter)

I think what he's referring to is this thought:

Each 680 chip supports 4 independent displays, so why limit the display outputs to 4 on a dual-chip graphics card (capable of 8 max)?

The answer is that Nvidia decided that high-end enthusiasts would appreciate the improved venting on the back plate rather than have more Mini-displayport outputs.

And they could have replaced some of the DVI ports with Mini-displayport, but like others have explained DVI is the more widely-supported standard today, and getting Mini-displayport to DL-DVI adapters for extremely high resolution displays ( > 1920x1200) is expensive.

Thanks for all, the replies....

Just wondering because my Visiontek 6990 on another rig has 4 mini displays *2 active and 2 passive* and 1 DVI-I

Quite impressive being a semi old card :)

Back