Gtx 690 and LoL

Hey [H], I am the happy new owner of a gtx 690 and even @ 1600p the thing just rocks.

Now I just have one problem; In League of Legends I get frame rate drops down into the 20's. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this. I tried making a profile for the game in the control panel that disables sli, but it still seams its stuck at a low core clock I think its 768 or around there, and is only at around 20-30% utilization, and my fps fluctuates a lot even with vsinc or adaptive vsinc or no vsinc.

Make a profile for the game in the NVCP with prefer maximum performance instead of adaptive power target?

ok ill try that. didn't know that was an option. obviously on LoL it going to be fine, but in other games what effect will that have? as in what does it do?

ok ill try that. didn't know that was an option. obviously on LoL it going to be fine, but in other games what effect will that have? as in what does it do?

Open the nvidia control panel, go to "manage 3d settings" and select the program settings tab. Drop down the list to find your game, and then in the box below find "power management mode" and change that one. Adaptive allows it to downclock when it is under lower useage.

It will only work on that game unless you change the global settings on the other tab. All it will do is keep it from entering idle states on less demanding games like that, I had to do the same with my 770's for games like Torchlight 2 which aren't very graphicall demanding most of the time.

Hopefully this will solve your problem, it looks liek the card might have been downclocking to idle and causing some stuttering. If not, then I would have to look and see if there is an issue with that game in particular, I just don't play it so maybe someone else can pitch in.

I would hope so as the requirements isn't that needy. To the op glad you got the problem sorted out. Enjoy your game. But as I have learned a game doesn't have to be all eye candy. I would rather have a good story line then just some random shoot and kill game. Repetitive gaming is the worst games of them all.

Code:
Minimum System Requirements:
 *   Shader version 2.0 capable video card
 *   Support for DirectX v9.0c or better

Recommended System Requirements
 *   GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video      Memory(VRAM))
 *   Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.

I think you can run LoL on max even using integrated graphic.

Pfft, I can confirm my HD4850 can max LoL.

Fun game though, shame the community is so fucking toxic. I'm sick of being told to uninstall.

Pfft, I can confirm my HD4850 can max LoL.

Fun game though, shame the community is so fucking toxic. I'm sick of being told to uninstall.
I was called a "hella gay noob" after winning a ranked 5v5 the other day with my team from someone on the losing team. I dont understand how i can be a noob yet still win.:confused:

I was called a "hella gay noob" after winning a ranked 5v5 the other day with my team from someone on the losing team. I dont understand how i can be a noob yet still win.:confused:

Nah, I'm bad, and I know it. That being said, I rarely play solo queue anymore, not worth the harassment. I'm solid in 3s right now though, teams slowly clawing it's way out of the shit. Just made Silver, Gold here we... lets not jinx it.

Back