GTX 680's being clearanced at newegg, amazon, tigerdirect, etc. for $400/less

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what you assumed was that there would be deep discounting of all 680s across the board.

Nothing in the first post of this thread says that there is discounting of 680s "across the board", and the OP linked specific models that were on clearance with an aside at the end suggesting that any potential buyers wait (unless for SLI). FFS, learn to read...

Title of post states that 680s are being clearanced.

First sentence of post gives "one example".

Goes on to state "Newegg is running some at steeply reduced pricing as well." Some. Not one.

Yes, and there were "some" and not "one". YESTERDAY. Moreover, you again assume that he means ALL 680s when he never said this.

Did OP say price cut to MSRP or anything indicating that this would be a permanent offering? Clearance usually implies that the seller is trying to clear a finite amount of inventory, which they seem to have already done for the time being.

Title of post states that 680s are being clearanced.

First sentence of post gives "one example".

Goes on to state "Newegg is running some at steeply reduced pricing as well." Some not one.

Give it a rest.

The top link is $391.75 from Amazon, but they're out of stock. You snooze, you lose.

And obviously the OP does not have the deep industry insight to make a definitive conclusion on something like that. He saw some cards that were deeply discounted and made a fairly logical assumption that they were being discounted prior to the 700 series release. It seems he may have been hasty in that assumption.

What do you want to happen now? Do you want the OP to make the prices magically drop on those items? Do you want him to refund you the difference because you missed the boat?

Yes, and there were "some" and not "one". YESTERDAY.

Did OP say price cut to MSRP or anything indicating that this would be a permanent offering? Clearance usually implies that the seller is trying to clear a finite amount of inventory, which they seem to have already done for the time being.

"680s are being clearanced" is very much NOT equivalent to "hey, there's a one day sale on this one model from one manufacturer. "

And even if it were, you don't go on to say that's its just "one example" and that a vendor has more than one make/model steeply reduced pricing.

I'm sorry your pride was hurt when I corrected you. But seriously? Get over it. Move on.

Give it a rest.

The top link is $391.75 from Amazon, but they're out of stock. You snooze, you lose.

And obviously the OP does not have the deep industry insight to make a definitive conclusion on something like that. He saw some cards that were deeply discounted and made a fairly logical assumption that they were being discounted prior to the 700 series release. It seems he may have been hasty in that assumption.

What do you want to happen now? Do you want the OP to make the prices magically drop on those items? Do you want him to refund you the difference because you missed the boat?

The top link is an in stock card at amazon for $483.

I want the op to post with titles and content that reflect the actual reality. A one day sale on one card does not mean all 680s are being clearanced.

The top link is an in stock card at amazon for $483.

I want the op to post with titles and content that reflect the actual reality. A one day sale on one card does not mean all 680s are being clearanced.

"680s are being clearanced" is very much NOT equivalent to "hey, there's a one day sale on this one model from one manufacturer. "

And even if it were, you don't go on to say that's its just "one example" and that a vendor has more than one make/model steeply reduced pricing.

I'm sorry your pride was hurt when I corrected you. But seriously? Get over it. Move on.

A) There are multiple links in the OP which were, as of the time of posting, accurate, and B) they are indeed being clearanced, as one would imagine with the pricing and the new series due out in under a week. Many models have seen large price drops yesterday and today if you go look at a search result of "gtx 680" on any of the three retailers I listed. Please can the entitled attitude on a hot deals post.

Speaking of the new series...

http://videocardz.com/41631/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-final-specifications
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/31430-nvidia-gtx-770-detailed-as-well
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/31429-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-detailed

A) There are multiple links in the OP which were, as of the time of posting, accurate, and B) they are indeed being clearanced, as the pricing and the new series due out in under a week. Many models have seen large price drops yesterday and today if you go look at a search result of "gtx 680" on any of the . Please can the entitled attitude on a hot deals post.

Speaking of the new series...

http://videocardz.com/41631/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-final-specifications
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/31430-nvidia-gtx-770-detailed-as-well
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/31429-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-detailed

I have looked at the prices of GTX680s. Today. On Amazon and Newegg. They are not being clearanced. There are no huge price drops on 680s on either site. ONE model of ONE manufacturer's card does NOT equate to all 680s being cleared out by the major online vendors.

I have looked at the prices of GTX680s. Today. On Amazon and Newegg. They are not being clearanced. There are no huge price drops on 680s on either site. ONE model of ONE manufacturer's card does NOT equate to all 680s being cleared out by the major online vendors.

There are and were multiple models at $50-100+ price drops from their original 500-dollar prices. Please go exercise a little looking of your own, since they are indeed there, and stop your whinging. I'm sorry if you missed out on the specific deal I listed in the OP as an example, but that's not my fault, it's yours.

---------------

Lookie what we have here...

gtx780specsprice.png

:rolleyes:

The top link in the OP.

Yes. The top link in the OP. A link to something where I have to "look at More Buying Choices" on a page that lists the card the OP is talking about at $483 is, at best, asinine.

And it's also irrelevant, since the issue here is that the OP claimed that 680s (plural, not one card model from one manufacturer) are being clearanced (not a one-day temporary price drop) from multiple vendors. Which is not the case.

But here, let me do the work you seem to refuse to do:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gtx680

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&isNodeId=1&Description=gtx680&x=-1174&y=-116

There you go. Page after page of GTX680s selling in the mid-to-high-$400s to the mid-to-high $500s. Just like they were yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that. And the day before that.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes. The top link in the OP. A link to something where I have to "look at More Buying Choices" on a page that lists the card the OP is talking about at $483 is, at best, asinine.

It moved over there once you missed the deal while it was in-stock. The link provided was directly to the product page, where Amazon's pricing appeared originally. It is located here now:

680sale.png

There are and were multiple models at -100+ price drops from their original 500-dollar prices. Please go exercise a little looking of your own, since they are indeed there, and stop your whinging. I'm sorry if you missed out on the specific deal I listed in the OP as an example, but that's not my fault, it's yours.

I looked yesterday too. There were no massive price drops on any cards other than the single model from a single manufacturer you linked to in the original post.

Perhaps you're just naive and you're confusing an actual sale price with the normal discount off MSRP that these cards have been selling for for months?

Chill the fuck out. As has been mentioned numerous times already, you missed the deal. You didn't have to look at More Buying Choices yesterday because it wasn't sold out.

It moved over there once you missed the deal while it was in-stock. The link provided was directly to the product page, where Amazon's pricing appeared originally. It is located here now:

.png

And how does that translate to all "GTX 680s being clearanced at newegg, amazon, tigerdirect, etc. for $400"?

You linked to a single card from a single manufacturer from two vendors, and stated a third vendor had multiple cards at steep discount, while implying in your post and your title that the two vendors you linked to had other 680s at steep discounts.

Which is not the case.

I looked yesterday too. There were no massive price drops on any cards other than the single model from a single manufacturer you linked to in the original post.

Perhaps you're just naive and you're confusing an actual sale price with the normal discount off MSRP that these cards have been selling for for months?

Here are more models too, found specially for you ;):

680sale2.png

Anyway, thanks for the ungrateful, disrespectful "insight". I'll be here when you're done.

.png

Those are prices after rebate, not that one vendor slashing prices on cards to clear stock.

Those are prices after rebate, not that one vendor slashing prices on cards to clear stock.

They are a combination of instant and post-purchase price drops. I at this point am sure you're either A) unable to understand the concepts of commerce, or B) just trying to get people going, so... bye. :)

They are a combination of instant and post-purchase price drops. I at this point am sure you're either A) unable to understand the concepts of commerce, or B) just trying to get people going, so... bye. :)

Just trying to understand how you think all 680s are being sold at clearance prices when the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming.

And trying to maintain some semblance of sane and accurate post titling on [H]ot|DEALS.

You got all hot and frothy over a sale on a single product -- the N680GTX-PM2D2GD5 -- and decided to post saying that all 680s are on clearance everywhere. The appropriate thing to do would have been to post that that particular MSI 680 was on sale at those two particular vendors, without all the hyperbole.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he never said "all".

Post title: GTX 680's being clearanced at newegg, amazon, tigerdirect, etc. for $400/less

First sentence: "One example"

Further in post: Newegg is running some at steeply reduced pricing as well.

That indicates that more than that single MSI model were being sold at clearance prices.

That was clearly not the case.

Post title: GTX 680's being clearanced at newegg, amazon, tigerdirect, etc. for $400/less

First sentence: "One example"

Further in post: Newegg is running some at steeply reduced pricing as well.

That indicates that more than that single MSI model were being sold at clearance prices.

That was clearly not the case.

And he still never said "all". Golden Tiger posted a thread indicating deals on 680's. Why are you in tears pin pointing his post? Have a cup of coffee and stfu.

And he still never said "all". Golden Tiger posted a thread indicating deals on 680's. Why are you in tears pin pointing his post? Have a cup of coffee and stfu.

Why are the three of you so hell-bent against proper posting procedure, which would have been to simply post a thread with a title stating that that one particular MSI model was on sale at a couple of vendors, with appropriate links?

Why are the three of you so hell-bent against proper posting procedure, which would have been to simply post a thread with a title stating that that one particular MSI model was on sale at a couple of vendors, with appropriate links?

Thank god the forum police are here! If we only had mods to go to we wouldn't need the forum police. I, personally, can't stand it when someone misplaces a comma or the like. it leads to such confusion. I, for one, welcome our new pedantic overlords.

With that being said, will you all please quit fighting like little girls? The deal is apparently dead, so let the thread die.

No more whining from skritch please. Make your point and move on. You're beating a dead horse here, and nobody seems to agree with you.

No more whining from skritch please. Make your point and move on. You're beating a dead horse here, and nobody seems to agree with you.

Yeah. Next time there's a slight rebate on one make and model of a 1TB drive, let's all post: "OMG! 1TB drives on clearance everywhere!!!"

I mean, since it doesn't matter at all, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back