GTX 680 Superclock for 459.99 at Amazon

Apparently you also get Dirt 3 + Borderlands 2

"Free Dirt 3 game code email about 1 week after shipping.

At check out, you will see "Congratulations. Your purchase qualify the external token bounce back reward", which means that they will send you coupon code for Dirt 3 game via email." -SD

Borderlands 2 -> http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._grlink_3?&ie=UTF8&docId=1000825151&plgroup=3

not sure if you'll get both, most likley you will. it's worth a try through customer service if you don't, though.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
omfg now i wonder if i should just wait till dec maybe it be 400 by then

Thanks.... and I hate you ;)

Actually this comes right on time after losing my i7 920 (maybe mb too) and one of my 5870s due to a coolant leak.

The 670 is also down to 359 bucks. Talking about the EVGA 670 Reference version.

What setups/games are you guys using this for?

I have an "ancient" pair of 6850s (overclocked) running all the latest games at 2560x1600, so I'm trying to figure out what the need for spending almost $500 is for.

I have an "ancient" pair of 6850s (overclocked) running all the latest games at 2560x1600, so I'm trying to figure out what the need for spending almost $500 is for.

With max AA, shadows, and tessellation though? That's the reason I upgraded from my 570s.

Man, it keeps sending me in a payment loop. Not sure what the reasoning is this. It doesnt take off the $20. At review your order. You click 20 gift card credit. I try to pay, keeps telling me select address. Do you want to 2 day express free shipping with amazon prime, I select no thanks, brings me back to review your order. Man, was going to build my htpc with a 3770k, and the gtx 680. Ouch, I was on a build of 1300 dollars, which isnt bad, cuz amazon get free shipping.

Really tempted by this deal. I have a 580 that's starting to overheat (93 degrees under load and noisy) and glitch out a lot with my dual-monitor setup (one of which is 2560x1600), but wanted to wait until the next round of video cards to upgrade. Argh.

I have everything maxed in Guild Wars 2 with 6850 crossfired. It works pretty well.

TBH I tried it with just one 6850 and it was fine. The 2nd 6850 doesn't seem to do much. I am thinking maybe the amd profile for it is not optimized yet.

GW2 isn't the most graphically intensive game, but I didn't expect to be able to run everything on max in the middle of 100 on 100 fights with aoes going off, etc., but it has been doing great.

Still, if I were in the market for a graphics card, this is a pretty nice deal. Especially with the two free games.

Really tempted by this deal. I have a 580 that's starting to overheat (93 degrees under load and noisy) and glitch out a lot with my dual-monitor setup (one of which is 2560x1600), but wanted to wait until the next round of video cards to upgrade. Argh.
Get some good thermal paste and try the oven trick (not a troll its a real thing).

I had a 4870x2 a while back that was running hot and artifacting even in the BIOS and BSODing on occasion. Dismanteled it, blew out all the dust much more effectively than you can with the shroud still on, baked just the board part in the oven on I think 350oF for 7 mins or so, let it cool, applied new ceramic paste, and voila its running cooler and problem free ever since for months now.

Apparently from heat cycling over and over and over the solder connections can develop micro-fractures or something like that, and baking it briefly just hot enough melts the solder and its good as new once cooled.

Get some good thermal paste and try the oven trick (not a troll its a real thing).

I had a 4870x2 a while back that was running hot and artifacting even in the BIOS and BSODing on occasion. Dismanteled it, blew out all the dust much more effectively than you can with the shroud still on, baked just the board part in the oven on I think 350oF for 7 mins or so, let it cool, applied new ceramic paste, and voila its running cooler and problem free ever since for months now.

Apparently from heat cycling over and over and over the solder connections can develop micro-fractures or something like that, and baking it briefly just hot enough melts the solder and its good as new once cooled.

Thanks for the advice. Ended up ordering the 680 and will give my 580 to my brother, who never runs more than a single 1920x1200 monitor ... it's perfectly fine at that resolution.

I honestly don't think it's the card overheating as much as it is me playing more advanced games stressing it at 2560.

Noticed the card jumped up to $479 with the $20 coupon. Glad I grabbed it when I did.

Card just arrived and Amazon just sent me the Borderlands 2 code. Never saw anything about Dirt 3 on the site though... Was it mentioned somewhere?

Back