GTX 680 specs leaked

• Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
Errr, no one was insulting you (in fact, you're insulting me frankly, calling me a fanboy and acting sarcastic to anything I say), and my head is plenty cool, thank you very much for asking. And yes, I am fairly unbiased except for past experiences with each brand. I'm not sure what's so hard for you to believe about that?

Anyway, another one for the control panel... bye now.

I didn't say anyone was insulting me, In general insults will start being thrown tensions are rising in this thread. You Are not so unbiased as you think you are, You have been trying to pick fights.

See I have been blocked for telling him to stop trying to fight everyone. :rolleyes:

See people this is why I want everyone to calm down, He is a perfect example.

I didn't say anyone was insulting me, In general insults will start being thrown tensions are rising in this thread. You Are not so unbiased as you think you are, You have been trying to pick fights.

See I have been blocked for telling him to stop trying to fight everyone. :rolleyes:

See people this is why I want everyone to calm down, He is a perfect example.
Just wait until he sends you PM's like this when you've told him to calm down:
image.png

Consider it good fortune you're on ignore and can avoid all the childish crying/temper tantrums. :p

Last edited:

Consider it good fortune you're on ignore and can avoid all the childish crying/temper tantrums. :p

Wow, I agree but please don't bring this out into the open it wont actually help anyone looking for facts on the gtx 680.

Wow... you're making up fake PM's now to try to defend your video card company? I wish I could say I was shocked, but, that seems about par for the course for you.

The sad thing is, it is still only rumors that there is a release/launch later this month, just like it was rumored for today....

Edit: In before "your not in the know" comments that are never followed up with who is "in the know."

So wheres the big reveal that GoldenTiger, Maverick, Cannondale,and other Nvidia fanboi's have been talking about for a week now?

Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

Oh wait, just another rumor that has been debunked, just like all the rumors about Kepler have turned out wrong so far. So at what point do you guys sit back and start considering that Kepler is a day late and a dollar short?

Uh, considering we still don't have FACTS one way or another, how can it be said by any stretch of the imagination that the rumors are wrong?

Based on what Kyle has said, many of the rumors have actually been pretty friggin' close to what it seems reality is.

And AFAIK, one place said March 12 for some sort of event, most other places are saying late March / early April, or now we're hearing March 23 (which is also "late March").

if its $550 and about the same as a 7970...then i might just skip out on this...pretty disappointing IMO

i was looking forward to a $400 or less price tag...with a CLEAR 10% advantage over 7970...not "trading blows depending on game/benchmark"

Wait, people were defending AMD for pricing relative to the GTX 580 for their 79xx cards... and now they're saying nVidia shouldn't do the same? Don't get me wrong, I was hoping for a lower tag also, but that was just it: hoping, not expecting.

if its $550 and about the same as a 7970...then i might just skip out on this...pretty disappointing IMO

i was looking forward to a $400 or less price tag...with a CLEAR 10% advantage over 7970...not "trading blows depending on game/benchmark"

You expect this from Nvidia? Seriously? Given their previous record, they always have the higher price for a tiny bit more performance, no matter how small. I like Nvidia, but I am not expecting them to have lower prices than AMD.

You expect this from Nvidia? Seriously? Given their previous record, they always have the higher price for a tiny bit more performance, no matter how small. I like Nvidia, but I am not expecting them to have lower prices than AMD.

i am not sure? i guess too many blog sites got my mind twisted. and who knows? that link is still considered a rumor if anything...we won't know anything until it releases

but if it releases at $550 and same performance as a 7970...still disappointing IMO

yeah but they normally do that with a true high end product that costs much more to make. in this case they are matching AMD with what would have been a mid range card. if yields are low though then they will likely price it at 7970 levels since there would be no reason not to.

That is a complete pipe dream and I'm not sure anyone was actually expecting that.

The original rumors placed the GK104 between the 7970 and 7950 and MAYBE a $399 price tag. However, what we are hearing now about the performance is beyond that of the 7970, so there's absolutely no reason to think this would be a $399 part.

Maybe if AMD had priced the 7970 at $450...

Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

Uh, considering we still don't have FACTS one way or another, how can it be said by any stretch of the imagination that the rumors are wrong?

Based on what Kyle has said, many of the rumors have actually been pretty friggin' close to what it seems reality is.

And AFAIK, one place said March 12 for some sort of event, most other places are saying late March / early April, or now we're hearing March 23 (which is also "late March").

So because I called you out the other fanboi's who have been going non-stop about how great Nvidias rumored card is going to be, with no actual evidence, you are trying to insinuate I am a fanboi?

You guys have been going on and on and on and on for months now about how Nvidia will be releasing its new card "next week" and that it is going smash the 7970. Yet months later, still nothing but rumors.

So because I called you out the other fanboi's who have been going non-stop about how great Nvidias rumored card is going to be, with no actual evidence, you are trying to insinuate I am a fanboi?

You guys have been going on and on and on and on for months now about how Nvidia will be releasing its new card "next week" and that it is going smash the 7970. Yet months later, still nothing but rumors.

It is getting to be as bad as the ATI fanboys on the lead up to the bulldozer fiasco.

Why is anyone bothering with Fudzilla? Seriously, how many times do you need to say "we hear" in a single article?

I feel like an addict for waiting for these reviews. Kyle when's the hardocp article dropping?

do you have nothing better to do than act like a child and call people "fanbois" and make up your own reality? people have NOT been posting for months about how the gk104 would smash the 7970. heck nearly all of us figured it would just deliver upper mid range performance since it was just a gk104. it was only in the last week or so that there was confirmation that it would be called a gtx680. reviewers have these cards right now and that is a fact. if you have nothing but childish and inflammatory comments to say about people getting excited about a new card then that is sad. half the fun of the forums is speculating about upcoming products but for some reason that seems to bother you...

do you have nothing better to do than act like a child and call people "fanbois" and make up your own reality? people have NOT been posting for months about how the gk104 would smash the 7970. heck nearly all of us figured it would just deliver upper mid range performance since it was just a gk104. it was only in the last week or so that there was confirmation that it would be called a gtx680. reviewers have these cards right now and that is a fact. if you have nothing but childish and inflammatory comments to say about people getting excited about a new card then that is sad. half the fun of the forums is speculating about upcoming products but for some reason that seems to bother you...

Well said on all counts.

Which likely means the 23rd, then. Right?

I also feel a little silly being a grown man, checking here several times today looking for news about a video card.

It is getting to be as bad as the ATI fanboys on the lead up to the bulldozer fiasco.

I hate to keep pointing this out, but it's AMD, not ATI.
The ATI moniker died with the HD5000 series, end of story.

There is no more ATI! Only AMD! :eek: :p

+1

Definitely take the data with a grain of salt, but it's still fun to see what the speculation and excitement will turn into in the end.
I don't know what his problem is either, other than needing to take a chill pill. ;)

My "problem" is that I find it immensely amusing that cannondale and GoldenTiger like to talk crap about the 7xxx series, yet cant stand it when someone points out how wrong they have been time after time.

How about you take a "chill pill" and stop making inflammatory comments like calling me a "child" when all I have done is pointed out how much BS you guys have been spouting for months now.

My "problem" is that I find it immensely amusing that cannondale and GoldenTiger like to talk crap about the 7xxx series, yet cant stand it when someone points out how wrong they have been time after time.

How about you take a "chill pill" and stop making inflammatory comments like calling me a "child" when all I have done is pointed out how much BS you guys have been spouting for months now.
what crap? about the only thing negative I have said about the 7 series is that they offer less performance per dollar than the 6 series cards that they replace. that is fact and I would say the same thing about Nvidia too. IMO you are acting like child because no one that I would consider an adult would use the word "fanboi". you clearly do not care about the gtx680 and only come here to stir up trouble.

what crap? about the only thing negative I have said about the 7 series is that they offer less performance per dollar than the 6 series cards that they replace. that is fact and I would say the same thing about Nvidia too. IMO you are acting like child because no one that I would consider an adult would use the word "fanboi". you clearly do not care about the gtx680 and only come here to stir up trouble.

i agree.

I hadn't caught the latest Fud article earlier, but they say there is only one card coming now? The 670 Ti name was a pre-release internal name and the branding was changed to GTX 680, which is the only card to be released. Can't recall off-hand, was that the same as the GTX 580 - just the one card released initially?

I hadn't caught the latest Fud article earlier, but they say there is only one card coming now? The 670 Ti name was a pre-release internal name and the branding was changed to GTX 680, which is the only card to be released. Can't recall off-hand, was that the same as the GTX 580 - just the one card released initially?
you can do a quick google search and see that gtx570 came out a month after the gtx580.

The 670 Ti name was a pre-release internal name and the branding was changed to GTX 680, which is the only card to be released.

Ahhh, the real reason for delays was to order relabeled shrouds, and search'n'replace strings in the driver! :D

why cant we know about this embargo nonesense, it's not like we asked for benches, we just want to know when to wait

why cant we know about this embargo nonesense, it's not like we asked for benches, we just want to know when to wait

Because the embargo date reveals the release date, which is the same day.
Tipping off AMD or their AIB partners could cause them to release OC models early. It would also keep uninformed and potential customers from buying their current GTX 500 stock.

If Sapphire for example knew the release date, to steal sales, they may drop a 1200MHz 7970 6GB for $550 or something.
Timing is everything to maximize profits.

Last edited:
Back