GTX 680 Poll !

Which is the best Non-Reference GTX 680?

• Inno 3d Herculez 3000 GTX 680

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSI GTX 680 Lightning

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • ASUS GTX 680 DCUII Top

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Gainward GTX 680 Phantom

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Gigabyte GTX 680 Windforce 3x OC

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Zotac GTX 680 AMP!

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

murkris118

Limp Gawd
Hi,

Please help me select the perfect GTX 680 in all aspects. Performance, temps, Overclocking etc. Please be sportive and vote so that I can get this out of my mind :confused:.

Thanks,

Im about ready to pull the trigger myself.. this will help. thanks for the poll

I had 2 MSI GTX 680s (non Lightning) crap out on me within three months of each other and have since switched to the Gigabyte Windforce 680s, both still going strong. Bonus: they run very cool and very quiet compared to reference and the cards I have boost to 1300/6500 without issue.

Read the Redeux article on the MSI Lightening 680.:D

If you are truely after the best GPU at the current time......ie single chip, not the 690.:eek:
Then the Lightening is your card.

I have a bunch of MSI GPUs in my house and I have never been disappointed.

No problems... glad to know many of you have one of the above cards in mind... If anybody is from the UK there are some sick deals at Scan.co.uk... I do not know much about the customer service but 430 GBP for a Lightning :D..... sick..... They have a whole lot of other non reference models also....

I'd definitely consider the MSI Lightning over most of those choices especially if overclocking is a priority.

Still debating to cancel my order for my ASUS GTX 680 DirectCUII TOP and go with the MSI GTX 680 Lightning after the recent re-review.
Especially since if I do it will ship out right now, instead of me having to wait until who knows the hell when to get the ASUS card, and it would be only $50 more.

Still debating to cancel my order for my ASUS GTX 680 DirectCUII TOP and go with the MSI GTX 680 Lightning after the recent re-review.
Especially since if I do it will ship out right now, instead of me having to wait until who knows the hell when to get the ASUS card, and it would be only $50 more.

How much is the Lightning in the US? I would not agree that the Lightning is better than a Direct CU for the time being because of the afterburner voltage tweak problems with the latest version and god only knows when they will release a fix..... If Overvolting is your cup of tea then the Direct CU is also a good card especially with the Digi+ VRM and SSC`s similar to what the Lightning has. For now the Direct CU II takes the crown based on out of the box performance and who knows, if someone tries an overvolting it, things might change....

Just changed my order from the DirectCU TOP to the MSI, tired of waiting frankly and only cost $50.01 ($579.99)more from NCIX, don't want to wait for an undetermined amount of time before I get my back order filled.

And plus I will have it in 2~3 days so that is a good.

This is actually pretty easy. MSI Lightning followed by Gigabyte Windforce.

Guys I need some advice on motherboard selection. I currently have an ASUS P8H77V which I bought by mistake with a 2500k and looking to change it because of the non unlocked multiplier on the H77 chipset. Did not research properly, my bad.. :(... I have a collection of motherboards under my budget which I could consider. Please tell me which one I should go with?

1.) ASUS Sabertooth P67
2.) ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3
3.) AsRock Z77 Extreme 6
4.) MSI Z68A GD65
5.) MSI P67A GD80

Thanks,

I've been very pleased with ASRock's motherboards the last 2 years. I've used many of them in my own PC's and others. They usually review very well too on tech sites.

with the ASUS TOP you get a card that you KNOW the GPU has been binned for performance. The Lightning gives you all the bells and whistles (same as the ASUS) for overclocking, but I don't believe the GPUs are binned... could be wrong

with the ASUS TOP you get a card that you KNOW the GPU has been binned for performance. The Lightning gives you all the bells and whistles (same as the ASUS) for overclocking, but I don't believe the GPUs are binned... could be wrong

Does it really matter if you're getting a slightly higher binned GPU when the voltage control for the Lightning will make up for it? The Lightning is going to overclock a good bit further than the Asus DCII Top no matter how its binned.

Back