GTX 680, just a couple of questions

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone, I'm hoping to seek some advice regarding the potential purchase of a GTX 680 to complete my new build. I've saved so much money on every other component of the system that I thought I would shell out quite a bit of money to get the best performing GPU for gaming at 1920x1080. I'm waiting for Best Buy to get this back in stock because I'd like to make my purchase on my BBY Mastercard (double points per dollar spent, 0% APR if paid in 18 months).

I've also been reading on here that Nvidia plans to release a 4GB version of the card, but I highly doubt I would see any additional benefits with the added memory gaming at that resolution. Is this assumption correct?

Lastly, does anyone have any clues as to when Best Buy may be restocking these cards? I was hoping to get the ball rolling as soon as possible.

Thanks for your input!

Why don't you call Best Buy? They should be able to tell you if any are in the warehouse

Why don't you call Best Buy? They should be able to tell you if any are in the warehouse

Tried that... Unfortunately I guess it sometimes depends on who answers the phone because the answer I got is "we won't when they'll be in stock until they're in stock".

The normal card is fine for 1080p, no need to get a 4GB one.

Thought so, thanks for verifying that for me. I called BBY's customer support again and was told that they expect to receive them back in stock sometime later in the week. I added them all to my wish list so that I'll know when they do. Fingers crossed.

Back