GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Woot just ordered the Asus went back in-stock. 1-day shipping for 4 bucks or 5bucks 4got with Student Prime.

edit: Doh I might save 4 bucks for free two-day shipping with Prime. Finals next week anyway.

We have tonnes of 680's in stock over here in the UK, they have always been in stock since release.

I think Nvidia are just starving the American market and then going to release the 690 in high volume so everyone buys that instead of the 680.

-profit

Sounds possible.

Are AMD cards higher prices over there?

We're sorry. The item ASUS GeForce GTX 680-2GD5 2GB DDR5 VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort DX11 GPU Tweak Utilities PCI-Express 3.0 Graphics Card GTX680-2GD5 is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.

Too late. :(

@zetachi: It was $510, I JUST missed it as I was trying to order.

I think that's a glitch. It periodically shows up as available but then out of stock as soon as you get there.

BTW, anyone know the difference between the V and X (last character in model number) cards? They are both $499.99.

What is the benefit of an EVGA backplate? I'm thinking nothing at all.

I've heard everything from "it keeps the card from drooping" to "it cools the card by a few degrees" to "it acts like an insulator and actually heats up the bottom PCB components" to "it just looks cool." I'm thinking it isn't worth $20 either.

I rather like the backplates on my 5870s, they make the cards feel a lot less fragile when you're handling them. They also greatly decrease the chances of shorting/shocking some component, if you accidently drop a screw on the back of the card, while the system is on.

Though I learned my lesson about handling screws near an open operating computer in the early to mid 90s. When I managed to destroy an Adaptec SCSI adapter. The screw landed on/around the SCSI connector, and apparently blew 1-2 of the 8 parallel data lanes, causing a Sony CD-ROM to start reporting itself in the BIOS screen as something like Coni CD-BOM. I can't remember if it only fried the adapter, or if it also fried the CD-ROM drive...

But I just bought a 680 without one, so apparently I can live without it.

I've pretty much decided to "upgrade" from my GTX 480 SLI to a 680 (to override SLI issues, micro-stuttering, etc)...

Does NewEgg get stock at regular intervals?

Should I sign-up for an auto-notify on their site?

Does NewEgg get stock at regular intervals?

Should I sign-up for an auto-notify on their site?

They come in and out of availability typically any time around lunch thru the early evenings.

I'm not sure if using the auto-notify helps. By the time you get the email, they might be sold out.

Try StatusEgg from earlier in this thread.

Back