GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Showing back in stock again

I refreshed the page and it showed ONE in stock. I was able to add it to my cart and checkout :D .

Now I have to let my wife know and hope she's okay with it! The good news is I was able to use $114 in amazon credit toward the 680, and I plan to sell my 570 for $200+. I'll also get about 3% cash back with my amazon card. I figure roughly $200 for a superclocked 680 isn't too bad of a deal.

Nice! That's about the same it's costing me for my step up... which is taking FOREVER! :(

Initial results with my GTX 680 (my specs in my signature below):

Heaven 3.0
DX11, Tesselation Extreme, AF 16x, AA 4x, all other settings max @ 1920x1080

EVGA GTX 680 SC+ Stock (301.24)

FPS Score: 61.4
Score: 1546
Min FPS: 27.8
Max FPS: 145.5

EVGA GTX 580 Stock (296.10)

FPS Score: 40.6
Score: 1022
Min FPS: 10.5
Max FPS: 109.8

Last edited:
Initial results with my GTX 680 (my specs in my signature below):

Heaven 3.0
DX11, Tesselation Extreme, AF 16x, AA 4x, all other settings max @ 1920x1080

EVGA GTX 680 SC+ Stock (301.24)

FPS Score: 61.4
Score: 1546
Min FPS: 27.8
Max FPS: 145.5

EVGA GTX 580 Stock (296.10)

FPS Score: 40.6
Score: 1022
Min FPS: 10.5
Max FPS: 109.8

Min FPS is almost 3x higher with the 680:eek:

Min FPS is almost 3x higher with the 680:eek:

Heaven has terrible min FPS if you don't let it load all the levels before you run it. The second run through is always better than the first, so that number can be misleading.

Heaven has terrible min FPS if you don't let it load all the levels before you run it. The second run through is always better than the first, so that number can be misleading.

This is second runs. I knew that about Heaven ;)

This is second runs. I knew that about Heaven ;)

Those mins look strangely low - I can't find the screenshot now, but the run I did on my GTX 580 before I put the GTX 680 in didn't have mins that low, and that was with 8xAA at 1920x1200.

It's a lie, when you click the actual product it says auto-notify out of stock.

It was probably in stock but Newegg only had 1-2 and so as soon as someone sniped it it immediately went OOS. It would be nice if Newegg would start to get some in this week that stay in stock for at least a couple of minutes.

It's a lie, when you click the actual product it says auto-notify out of stock.

Lol we have been lying for several days. The problem is the truth only last few minutes :D

Maybe there is a sign they will be getting more today. Cross your fingers...

It's been saying it's in stock for a few hours now. Got my friend all excited when I told him too. Newegg making me lie :( lol

Those mins look strangely low - I can't find the screenshot now, but the run I did on my GTX 580 before I put the GTX 680 in didn't have mins that low, and that was with 8xAA at 1920x1200.

Not really, I found someone else's and this is what they got with their 580 at the same settings, except the res a tad higher @ 1920x1200 and their other specs a little different:

Avg FPS:31.9 ,Scores:802 ,Min FPS:11.6 ,Max FPS:77.6

Been spamming EVGA and newegg for a hydro copper but nothing for a week. Giving it till next week and then buying my own block :( If anyone sees it I will buy it off you lol

It is definitely not stock @ .com website. Only reason I didn't grab the one from CA is because of the conversion rate & shipping. You get charged 3% extra on top of international shipping. Kinda sucks.

It is definitely not stock @ .com website. Only reason I didn't grab the one from CA is because of the conversion rate & shipping. You get charged 3% extra on top of international shipping. Kinda sucks.

Thats weird, all the stock comes from California.

Thats weird, all the stock comes from California.

I have been shipped from TN and from AL in the past, so I am pretty sure they have different warehouses. The 680's in the U.S. are probably all in California, but in Canada its probably something different.

I have been shipped from TN and from AL in the past, so I am pretty sure they have different warehouses. The 680's in the U.S. are probably all in California, but in Canada its probably something different.

I'm in Canada and Newegg.ca shipped my EVGA GTX 680+ from California.

Maybe Newegg are giving exclusive stock to Newegg.ca ?

I guess so. Did you have to pay international shipping or anythign weird like that?

Zarathustra[H];1038599605 said:
I just did this. I figure I can always cancel it if it becomes available on Newegg before here.

swapping out your 7970?

swapping out your 7970?

Ehh.. I killed my 7970 when I slipped with a screwdriver :eek:

Probably going to try to sell it on eBay as a "for parts/repair" item. I cut some traces with the tip of the screw driver. Someone may be able to fix them, but they were just too small for me.

Right now i'm using a GTX460 768mb version I had laying around which is kind of painful at 2560x1600...

ah right i remember seeing your thread. i bet you can ebay it for a couple hundred dollars to someone who might be able to fix it. good call going with the 680, that's what i'd pick up if i were looking for a card.

Back