GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Alright, I think I'm going to go ahead and order that eVGA backplate. Any idea if the SC (non +) cards are shipping with the high flow bracket by default? Or is that going to be another upgrade for me to get?

Yes, on the evening of the 5th I pre-ordered and around 4:30 on the 6th Amazon sent me an email saying that they expect it to be delivered on the 11th (via Prime). A few minutes later I got a courtesy email from my cc saying that my card had a large purchase just made.

I'm sorry they haven't sent you an update. I can't think of a good reason why they would move forward with my order but not yours. Hopefully they processed us all together and it's just a matter of time for your email to show up.

Just got an email with shipping update :D

Estimated for 4/12-4/14

Figured it would be end of next week.

And there gone! I do wonder when the supply will get better, I would expect it start flowing pretty well in the next week or two.

UPS just delivered my EVGA 680. I got the backplate, but I'm still waiting for the high airflow bracket from EVGA. Can't wait to break the card putting this crap on it. ;)

I'm stuck in the evga step up queue and it hasn't moved for a week now. Demand is there but I think it's more of a supply issue. They had some for the first week and now nothing apart some retailers that put a limited number each day. Thank god I'm not too far now in the queue but I really feel for those that are way behind. At this rate maybe they'll have their cards at the end of summer...

Ordered a ZOTAC 680 from tigerdirect on Wednesday after like 10 minutes when it became instock. Got it today with 2day shipping. Total was $512. Good deal plus 3 Assassin's Creed games ;)

Only thing is I ordered all other parts from newegg that I need for my built on newegg and accidentally cancelled the order. Now I have to freaking wait till Monday/Tuesday for them to refund my money on my credit card so I can order everything again. Pretty pissed.

The reason I accidentally cancelled the order is because when I 1st ordered all the parts - the order was declined. I called VISA and they told me they need to verify everything and I did. After that they told me to make a new order. I do that and it went through. Check my order status on newegg and the old order was still there -- I go to decline/cancel that old order and all of the sudden my new order that went through gets Voided/cancelled.......was sooooooooooooooo pissed. fml

Also ordered SSD from TD on Wed w/ 1 day shipping and it came yesterday. Their customer service is spot on too. With newegg I had to hold for more then half hour when I contacted them about my issue..TD answered right away (when I had to verify the 680 purchase)

Also ordered SSD from TD on Wed w/ 1 day shipping and it came yesterday. Their customer service is spot on too. With newegg I had to hold for more then half hour when I contacted them about my issue..TD answered right away (when I had to verify the 680 purchase)

And you don't work for TD, right?
J/K.. good to know..

Last edited:
And you don't work for TD, right?
J/K.. good to know..

Didnt even know about TD until this week when i was shoppIng for parts lol. Was going to get the SSD and 680 from newegg but they were out of stock 2 days ago and TD had them.

2 left. i'm guessing they'll be gone in a few minutes haha

But anyways after checking my bank account 50 times today - I just check now and newegg/my bank came through in the clutch and refunded my money. Well sort of in the clutch since now its 12am. The refund probably went through a few hours ago.

Now the question I have is: Is it pointless to make the new order right away or should I wait till Monday? Newegg doesn't work on weekends right? Whatever orders they get Sat/Sun - they ship on Monday?

So should I order now or should I wait?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon is showing in stock on April 9th now so still a good chance your order will ship early next week if you get it in soon.

EDIT: Scratch that, no longer available now.

I have it up for step up to and i am selling to someone here on the forums, but it seems that the supply is very low on these cards for now. EVGA shipped out about 90 the first week in step ups and this week it didn't move at all. So It seems that these cards are not coming easily and seems like evga themselves haven't gotten a whole lot more this week anyways.

Amazon is showing in stock on April 9th now so still a good chance your order will ship early next week if you get it in soon.

EDIT: Scratch that, no longer available now.

Yeah, when I looked it stated April 8th so I'm guessing mine will be shipping out on Sunday. :D

Just got an email from Amazon about the GTX 680 I ordered at 12PM PST today:
"Estimated arrival date: April 11, 2012"

That's with two day shipping (Prime). Sometimes Amazon over estimates so I'm hoping for a Monday (not uncommon when Ontrac is used) or Tuesday delivery.

And gone.

Was in stock when I posted for immediate shipping (on Monday of course) Guess people ordered it all up :p

MSI in stock at Tigerdirect. Estimated arrival is 4/9/12 with overnight shipping. Picked up one to replace my busted 7970.

edit...sold out.

Ok I'm confused. Many of you say that you bought from amazon. But when I look at amazon to buy one or preorder one there is no card being sold directly from amazon. How can I do it then?

Ok I'm confused. Many of you say that you bought from amazon. But when I look at amazon to buy one or preorder one there is no card being sold directly from amazon. How can I do it then?

they sell out quick, that is why...you have to catch them at the right time

Mine should be here tomorrow! Just got an email from UPS that they'll be delivering it in the afternoon.

Just out of curiosity, when do you think we will see a healthy supply of the 680's at around the same level that the same level that the 7970's started begun showing up regularly.

When I had my 7970's, I think I bought them 2 weeks from release without too much trouble. Hoping its will be the same case this time around again.

Probably a couple of weeks? There seems to be a lot of demand right now. Over 100 of them sold at NewEgg within 5 minutes a while back (when I ordered mine). A lot of people were probably waiting for nVidia's release to decide between team red or green and jumped for Kepler as soon as it came out.

Amazon might have more in stock very soon as the product's page shows in stock at $511.20, but when added to one's cart it says the item is not available.

damnit. I missed the Evga one again! I ended up preordering the gigabyte

Back