GTX 680 In Stock Thread

I just got one too. Looks like they got a lot more. Took me like half an hour to order it with slow internet on my phone.

I just got one too. Looks like they got a lot more. Took me like half an hour to order it with slow internet on my phone.

aaand its gone,

EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this.

I think I got the last one...because I went back in after I placed my order at 5:59 p.m. and added another one and it said it had been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock.

I got one too...my friend tried and it wouldn't let him click purchase and he was too slow. haha.

My orders with amazon came through after I ordered at new egg, so I'll have 2 available in case anyone is interested. Will post with details when I get them (Amazon says March 27 for arrival). Either that or I send them back...

Man these things go fast! Nice. So glad Nvidia came back to the table! Congrats to those of you who managed to snag one.

NewEgg is sucking.

I ordered a GTX 680 in the first five minutes (before EVGA was even available).

A day and a half later, the order is still stuck at 'Order Verification'.

I wrote them this afternoon and haven't heard back.

The money is charged against my card, so it's not a payment issue.

Sigh.

could have called them....

But I really shouldn't have to. If they take my order and money, I expect them to ship my card. That's sort of the deal.

If there's a problem, I would expect them to reach out to me.

My guess is they over-sold the hardware and I got shafted.

NewEgg is not the NewEgg I used to love.

NewEgg is sucking.

I ordered a GTX 680 in the first five minutes (before EVGA was even available).

A day and a half later, the order is still stuck at 'Order Verification'.

I wrote them this afternoon and haven't heard back.

The money is charged against my card, so it's not a payment issue.

Sigh.

Did you select rush processing for the additional charge? I suspect a lot of people didn't, and if not, your order got pushed back considerably. I know I did not select rush processing and my order was on verification for a while, then packaging most of the day. I ordered mine the moment the EVGA cards got listed. Mine however did get shipped and is in transit. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully you didn't get screwed.

I had no problem spending 1100 on two evga cards but refused to pay for overnight shipping so now my cheap self has to wait until monday to get them. Sad part is it's been sitting in the local ups center since this morning. :(

My orders with amazon came through after I ordered at new egg, so I'll have 2 available in case anyone is interested. Will post with details when I get them (Amazon says March 27 for arrival). Either that or I send them back...

Quad SLI time.

Did you select rush processing for the additional charge? I suspect a lot of people didn't, and if not, your order got pushed back considerably.

No. It's never been real clear to me what I'm paying for with that option. I mean, does it get to the truck 5 minutes earlier, or 2 days earlier?

My guess would be that fulfillment is never more than a few hours behind incoming orders, so it wouldn't normally matter unless you order right at the end of the day.

But maybe they artificially hold things up if you don't pay for rush handling to drive sales of rush handling (although this sort of just encourages sales at Amazon).

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a card. Even if I don't, it's a minor problem in the scheme of things.

I didn't pay for rush either though my order now says packaging. I guess that means it'll ship Monday. :confused:

I will say that anytime Newegg charged my card my order has shipped without exception. They literally have a 100% ship rate with me after charging, and I've ordered probably hundreds of parts over the years.

I think if it has charged, and you don't see anything other than packaging or shipped then a call may be in order regardless of rush.

Did you select rush processing for the additional charge? I suspect a lot of people didn't, and if not, your order got pushed back considerably. I know I did not select rush processing and my order was on verification for a while, then packaging most of the day. I ordered mine the moment the EVGA cards got listed. Mine however did get shipped and is in transit. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully you didn't get screwed.

I have similar experience as you. I ordered my card yesterday morning at around 10:45 AM. For the entire day, it was stuck on order verification. Finally, this morning, it changed to packaging, and then changed to shipped. Estimated delivery is Tuesday, 3/27, which is too long! Ack! Next time, I'll probably just do rush processing.

I have similar experience as you. I ordered my card yesterday morning at around 10:45 AM. For the entire day, it was stuck on order verification. Finally, this morning, it changed to packaging, and then changed to shipped. Estimated delivery is Tuesday, 3/27, which is too long! Ack! Next time, I'll probably just do rush processing.

I always do rush processing. What is $3 on a $500 item? :rolleyes:

Well thats one reason I have a newegg preferred account. Free rush processing on every order and orders process so much quicker..... Also if u spend more than 250 there is no interest for 6 months.

I ordered my evga 680 the minute they were available and it was "packaging" within 15 minutes.

I have ordered thousands of dollars of parts this way and never once had any issues or delays.

I have shoprunner and never use the rush processing, it never seems to affect me anyway, my stuff is usually packaged within 30 minutes of ordering.

I have shoprunner and never use the rush processing, it never seems to affect me anyway, my stuff is usually packaged within 30 minutes of ordering.

Same. I never paid for rush processing and I don't have shoprunner. A nice donation to Newegg though.
The egg confirms and charges your card within three minutes of submission every time. That's rush processing right there.

I ordered a case and motherboard yesterday, one at 12pm PST and the other at 3pm PST. I'm on the East coast.
Both were packed and shipped with tracking an hour later.

So long as your order is in by 3pm PST, it will ship same day.

The "packaging" status doesn't necessarily mean someone is actually packaging your order, it is simply the status displayed after the payment is charged. This is why packaing usually shows within 10 minutes of ordering. When you see the "shipped' status, then you can be sure it was packaged and will almost always be in the shippers hands by the end of that evening.

There isn't any guarantee that anyone's order will be shipped same day, even if you get it in by 3pm PST or have Rush Processing. It would have a lot to do with how busy the distribution center where your item is. What is supposed to be a guarantee is if the distribution center only had time to package one more order for the day and it was a choice between an RP and NonRP order, the RP will get the spot.

I placed a 680 order for RP around 2:30 PST yesterday and it did not get shipped, it's the way it is. Newegg only says it will do its best to get out an RP order same day if it's placed by 12pm PST, which is to say it doesn't even guarantee that.

No, I do have a system right now, but also the idea that my brother is buying my old comp parts, and I would basically need that money to even go near the price of the GTX 680.

Back