GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Has to be from Amazon.com - and your account also has to be "subscribed" to the cash-back programs they have. Anything you buy from Amazon then gets automatically added to your rewards balance (which is as good as cash from them since you can just get well... cash).

I bought a $500 item recently from Amazon and within 24 hours I had $25 added to my rewards balance.

Thanks for the info

Btw I used my Chase Freedom to get 5%....I contacted support asking if they can just charge the card immediately, cuz March 31st deadline is so close...and there could be a chance the cards might not ship and get charged on my CC....the rep said its not possible to charge my CC early...they ONLY charge once the item ships

That's a bummer because I was thinking about buying $300 worth of Amazon gift cards through Chase (10% off) and on top of the 5% from any Amazon purchase, it would have brought my total down to $445. I don't think you can pay off Amazon gift cards with other Amazon gift cards. :p

Haha I was going to wait for the EVGA FTW edition but it's going to be a "Few months" for that one.. the SC shouldn't take long they said though.

EVGA was in stock at newegg, I jumped at it and got next day shipping. Hahah I'm only playing games on a single 1920x1200 with a second 1920x1200 for browsing the web and watching netflix.. this should do max settings on basically any game I want right? :)

That's a bummer because I was thinking about buying $300 worth of Amazon gift cards through Chase (10% off) and on top of the 5% from any Amazon purchase, it would have brought my total down to $445. I don't think you can pay off Amazon gift cards with other Amazon gift cards. :p

yeah, I just went ahead and used my chase freedom....went to amazon.com and purchased $999.98 in gift card....told them to send it electronically to my e-mail...then redeemed it, and bought my two 680's...and I qualify for the 5% since its considered a purchase from amazon.com (gift card purchase)

I didn't know chase had a 10% off amazon GCs? I'll keep that in mind for future....

EVGA back in stock at newegg. Got lucky 3 seconds ago with a refresh and snagged one, along with some other stuff that was sitting in my cart for a few days.

EVGA back in stock at newegg. Got lucky 3 seconds ago with a refresh and snagged one, along with some other stuff that was sitting in my cart for a few days.

Shiiiiiit. Oh well, I'm going to stick with my MSI order I guess. Anyone have experience with MSI as far as returns, exchanges, etc.?

Supply on these things seems a lot better than I was expecting. I snagged two, though I'm severely disappointed I won't be able to use my eyefinity setup, it's been too much of a pain to use reliably anyway, so I think I'm gonna go back to plain old PLP with my 20"s and 30" on account of this card.

Ordered two for SLI but I'm not even sure I'll need them. Might put one up for sale.

I didn't know chase had a 10% off amazon GCs? I'll keep that in mind for future....

The only catch is that it has to be using your rewards balance. Looking back in the history (just Google search) there was a time when they had 25% off any purchase at Amazon.com using the balance, so I'm guessing something like this is common, and the points could definitely be put to better use in the future.

I'll just use it until the FTW edition comes out then sell this (I doubt I'll end up losing much then I'll just pick up the FTW for a little more).

I wouldn't be surprised that throughout the day, more get placed in stock. People will have their credit cards declined, or some might cancel their order (if/when thier significant other finds out), etc. Or maybe, New Egg will receive a shipment later.

The only catch is that it has to be using your rewards balance. Looking back in the history (just Google search) there was a time when they had 25% off any purchase at Amazon.com using the balance, so I'm guessing something like this is common, and the points could definitely be put to better use in the future.

wow, holy smokes...so basically it means you get 25% extra?

so if you had $300 worth of chase rewards points, then at 25%, you can redeem for a $375 amazon gc??

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KC1R3A/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

LETS GO! EVGA 680 on amazon!!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
OK so I saw the EVGA back in stock at Newegg, called TigerDirect, asked the guy to cancel, and almost before I could finish my sentence he was like OK, its cancelled. Just snagged an EVGA from the egg, overnight shipping, and ended up being about the same price as TD. I am a happy man. EVGAs were still in stock at the egg as of 5 minutes ago.

Canceled my tiger order, got in on the newegg stock. After the tiger cancel the guy transferred me to some Indian chick trying to scam me with premium benefits. $20 off purchases for $16 a month....

already being packaged at newegg :)

Lol..just got the EVGA I wanted from newegg instead.. now I have a MSI order I need to cancel it seems... after the guy was so nice too :(

Were people that ordered on Newegg and next day shipping/rushed or whatnot, going to receive it tomorrow or no?

Is 1 of these 2GB cards good enough for 2560x1600 at high FSAA levels? X-Plane 10 uses about 1.6GB at 2560x1600 at "close" to max graphics.

I wanted to wait for the 4GB (just to be on the safe side), but if there isn't much difference than what's the point of waiting. lol

Is 1 of these 2GB cards good enough for 2560x1600 at high FSAA levels? X-Plane 10 uses about 1.6GB at 2560x1600 at "close" to max graphics.

I wanted to wait for the 4GB (just to be on the safe side), but if there isn't much difference than what's the point of waiting. lol

Did you read the [H] review? Most indications seem to say that the 2GB is not limiting, even at higher resolutions, over the 7970 at least. Also AFAIK FXAA is a shader-based process and doesn't need tons of VRAM like MSAA.

Did you read the [H] review? Most indications seem to say that the 2GB is not limiting, even at higher resolutions, over the 7970 at least.

Yeah, I just read it. My concern is I play a lot of simulators which seem a lot more demanding than most FPS and the like. Good point regarding the FSAA. I used to not like FSAA, but I must admit, the more I use it, the less I notice the difference between that and FSAA.

I must say though, my GTX 480 doesn't do too bad at this resolution and my settings....the GTX 680 must be gravy.

Placed my order just now for one EVGA GTX 680 from Newegg. Hopefully, they ship it out tomorrow, for arrival on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Canceled tiger direct and went with newegg. Order says it's in packaging but they are now out of stock. Hope I got in in time.

You'll be waiting a while for a good 4GB card, the EVGA FTW with 4GB will be "a few months"

Good to know. Thanks! Can't wait! Am so looking forward to trying Nvidia, single GPU, as I've gone crossfire for my past two cards. :D

No problem!

Also, not sure if this is still the case, but Newegg has/had 2 warehouses...one West Coast the other East Coast. So, whenever I ordered from them (being from California), my orders actually arrived 1 day early every time (3 days took 2 days, etc..).

Enjoy the new card! :)

w00000t!!

Just got my two EVGA 680s from Newegg - status already says Packaging and got overnight shipping for tomorrow. 680 sweetness for the weekend! :D

Hmm I placed an order on Amazon even though it's out of stock. Hopefully they come in before the 31st so I can get my 5% cashback for Chase and no tax to Cali!!! Definitely worth the wait if I can save almost $70.

No problem!

Also, not sure if this is still the case, but Newegg has/had 2 warehouses...one West Coast the other East Coast. So, whenever I ordered from them (being from California), my orders actually arrived 1 day early every time (3 days took 2 days, etc..).

Enjoy the new card! :)

Yeah, I'm in California, so hopefully, they ship from California warehouse. I imagine they would, as that would make the most sense. I can't wait! :D

cancelled from TD and ordered from Newegg as well. TD must have lost 10k+ revenue from this thread alone :D

Yeah, I'm in California, so hopefully, they ship from California warehouse. I imagine they would, as that would make the most sense. I can't wait! :D

I had a Will Call Option to go pick it up. Tempting, but I'm too lazy to sit in traffic on the 10 for an hour.

Hmmm called tigerdirect to cancel and the guy told me it was already canceled? Got it thru newegg, gotta pay taxes but oh well.

cancelled from TD and ordered from Newegg as well. TD must have lost 10k+ revenue from this thread alone :D

Don't really feel bad, seeing as they already sold their stock so the rest were just back orders...

Hmmm called tigerdirect to cancel and the guy told me it was already canceled? Got it thru newegg, gotta pay taxes but oh well.

Lol, that's what my guy said as well. I was like, "yeah I would like to cancel my o--"

"It's already canceled."

"Uh, OK thanks." *hangup*

Back