GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Well, I can and do blame Nvidia and AMD when this sort of thing happens because its not as if they simply underestimated demand, they chose to launch the product early instead of making sure they had adequate stock. Nvidia knew they wouldn't have enough stock and they launched anyway to take some of AMD's sales away. It nothing more than a semi-hard launch. AMD does this as well and its frustrating also because it only hurts the consumer due to shortages and price gouging from retailers and resellers. In the end the consumer loses in this scenario especially if they give in to impatience.

Your post has me thinking: this wasn't a soft-launch, but it definitely isn't a hard launch either. I suppose the best way to describe it would be... flaccid launch? :D

seriously though, tired of waiting for these to come in stock. I've been waiting since 3/22 and have yet to get my hands on a card.

I'm waiting on the upgraded PCB models. The reference 680 I had was awesome, but the need to run it at 75% fan to prevent throttling got on my nerves.
Which ever card that can keep a 1300MHz OC under 65C with low fan noise, I'm in.

I'm waiting on the upgraded PCB models. The reference 680 I had was awesome, but the need to run it at 75% fan to prevent throttling got on my nerves.
Which ever card that can keep a 1300MHz OC under 65C with low fan noise, I'm in.

You probably would need to buy an aftermarket cooler to achieve that.

Your post has me thinking: this wasn't a soft-launch, but it definitely isn't a hard launch either. I suppose the best way to describe it would be... flaccid launch? :D

seriously though, tired of waiting for these to come in stock. I've been waiting since 3/22 and have yet to get my hands on a card.

The 7970 and 7950 were this way too at launch, took about a month or two before they showed up consistently and weren't constantly out of stock. The 680 supply will be fine in a month or so I'm sure, but it still irritates me that they pull these tactics.

When I looked at the ship to store option, it said 4/26, hold until 5/4

I don't trust BB to have these in stock and available now.

Ah I should of been mindful in checking accurate stock counts. Yeah, I've confirmed in BBY's inventory system that no DC or warehouses as of 4/13 have the card in stock.

Looks like they just want to fulfill orders for a future date. Poop.

Last edited:
The 7970 and 7950 were this way too at launch, took about a month or two before they showed up consistently and weren't constantly out of stock. The 680 supply will be fine in a month or so I'm sure, but it still irritates me that they pull these tactics.

After the first week or two after launch it wasn't very hard to get a reference 7970 from Newegg or Amazon. It mostly only the non-reference cards that were harder to find for the first few weeks. And I don't think the 7950's were ever out of stock, at least not all of them at any given time.

After the first week or two after launch it wasn't very hard to get a reference 7970 from Newegg or Amazon. It mostly only the non-reference cards that were harder to find for the first few weeks. And I don't think the 7950's were ever out of stock, at least not all of them at any given time.

Bull.

I wasn't able to find a 7970 in stock on Newegg until the end of January when I ordered my first one (a Gigabyte custom cooler model). This was over a month after launch. Then I had to RMA it, and once I did, I had to wait to replace it as they didn't have any in stock again until mid February, when I picked up a stock Sapphire.

It was a good 2 months after launch until the 7970 was reliably in stock at Newegg...

water cool it. I'm at 1300mhz core / 7000 ram, 38 load and dead silent :)

Newegg had galaxy's in stock for about 30 minutes, I was able to get my order in then.

Replacing Radeon 5870, and I couldn't be happier to get away from Catalyst drivers. Also my new korean monitors need a little more power to max things out at 2560x1440...

Ordered today and shows delivery between 18-19th next week.
We shall see if it holds

Ah I should of been mindful in checking accurate stock counts. Yeah, I've confirmed in BBY's inventory system that no DC or warehouses as of 4/13 have the card in stock.

Looks like they just want to fulfill orders for a future date. Poop.

I got lucky and found mine at Fry's. Last I saw they still had some Zotacs. You guys might check (in-store, of course).

EVGA in stock at New Egg. Not sure I want to pay a $30 Premium, though. At some point the stock has to even out, right?

Its all the same card, no matter where you get it from right now. Zotac is arguably the best mfg for this gpu right now cause they offer a lifetime warranty with registration and the first three assassins creed games to boot.

Evga doesn't offer lifetime warranty anymore, so zotac has dethroned them

Ugh, right after I posted that there were ASUS 680s on newegg, my payment for one declined due to an address mismatch... and now I wait again.

Its all the same card, no matter where you get it from right now. Zotac is arguably the best mfg for this gpu right now cause they offer a lifetime warranty with registration and the first three assassins creed games to boot.

Evga doesn't offer lifetime warranty anymore, so zotac has dethroned them

Lifetime warranty from Zotac is meaningless if it doesn't transfer to anyone else because most of us don't keep high-end cards for more than a few months to a couple of years, after that they hit HardForum FS/FT, eBay, ect.

Lifetime warranty from Zotac is meaningless if it doesn't transfer to anyone else because most of us don't keep high-end cards for more than a few months to a couple of years, after that they hit HardForum FS/FT, eBay, ect.

And:
1. In three years this card will be nearly worthless.
2. I have read many horror stories of people dealing with the Zotac RMA process. Meanwhile, I know that EVGA will treat me right.

I might have a line on one from craigslist in my area.

I think it's an ASUS - besides getting a box of rocks, what are the risks and what if I get a DOA card? Will ASUS replace it if I don't have the reciept?

DAMN!!! Tiger direct took my order yesterday when they showed in stock, and now I check status

Zarathustra[H];1038607414 said:
Bull.

I wasn't able to find a 7970 in stock on Newegg until the end of January when I ordered my first one (a Gigabyte custom cooler model). This was over a month after launch. Then I had to RMA it, and once I did, I had to wait to replace it as they didn't have any in stock again until mid February, when I picked up a stock Sapphire.

It was a good 2 months after launch until the 7970 was reliably in stock at Newegg...

Yep, just like I said before someone said they were in stock in 2 weeks after launch. Nonsense.

Well my card shipped today, paid for overnight shipping, but for some reason it says est deliver of 4/16 (monday). Shows that it has already gone through a few facilities.

Any idea why UPS Overnight Air wouldn't come tomorrow?

Back