GTX 680 dedicated PhysX or SLI?

How do you guys think a 9800 GTX+ 512mb card would do with two 670's in sli? I just sold my 570 or I would of been using it as a dedi instead of thinking about this 9800 I have. I once heard that a 9800 was a good physx card to use, although I think that was quite a while back.

Run them in SLI and enable physX, honestly it would be a HUGE! waste to dedicate a GTX 680 for physx

If I understanding this correctly... you have two 670's in SLI, and you're asking if you should purchase a 680 to add in addition to them, just for physx? That would be an astronomical waste of $500 if that is the case.

I can't really say if your 9800GTX+ would be a good card for physics or not... but I don't think it should matter anyway. A pair of 670's in SLI should have no problem haven't physx turned on in just about anything.

I can't really say if your 9800GTX+ would be a good card for physics or not... but I don't think it should matter anyway. A pair of 670's in SLI should have no problem haven't physx turned on in just about anything.

Yeah I was leaning in that direction myself. My second 670 is supposed to be delivered sometime this afternoon. So I'll be testing it out later tonight as I'm curious of what affect it will even have throwing in the 9800gtx+ with the 670 sli config.

Don't forget about the MMO's that use Physx. Eve-Online uses Physx AND Cuda. And that is the ONLY MMO that uses a single server for all the players with lag only coming into play in the large fleet battles IE 10K+ people in a single sector now.

Of course Eve-Online also used SSD before SSD became mainstream. They also use Stackless Python which no other company has started doing yet. Basically they are pretty main stream and cutting edge even going so far as to create a console side to their universe that is completely intertwined called Dust 514 (PS3 only sadly) bringing FPS via Console to the universe.

Back