GTX 680 bug in crysis 1 and 2

I am getting a wierd bug where whenever I move my mouse in crysis 1 and 2 I get wicked stuttering while turning, this phenomenon does not occur with movement via a gamepad or keyboard. Anyone else having a similar issue? I am going to see if changing my mouse has anything to do with it when I get home from work tonight. Also, it only happens in those two games so I dont think it has anything to do with my mouse. I use a microsoft X8 btw.

I found one spot in Crysis with a lot of terrain flickering, but it seems isolated so far. But otherwise both seem okay. C2 maxxed out is unplayable @ 2560 (hi rez, dx11, ultra, etc).

I found one spot in Crysis with a lot of terrain flickering, but it seems isolated so far. But otherwise both seem okay. C2 maxxed out is unplayable @ 2560 (hi rez, dx11, ultra, etc).

I haven't tried Crysis 1 because I lost my copy :( so I am waiting for my new one to arrive.

Crysis 2 however is pretty much perfect performance at 1080p with text and DX11 tess pack. Some areas with a lot of water drop to high 20's especially when you shoot it repeatedly.

Also, what kind of monitor are you using? 120 or 60Hz?

sounds like a V-sync issue... have you tried playing around with the nvidia control panel(max frames rendered by CPU)

I haven't tried Crysis 1 because I lost my copy :( so I am waiting for my new one to arrive.

Crysis 2 however is pretty much perfect performance at 1080p with text and DX11 tess pack. Some areas with a lot of water drop to high 20's especially when you shoot it repeatedly.

Also, what kind of monitor are you using? 120 or 60Hz?

Just 60Hz (are there even any 2560x1600 120Hz screens?). 2560x1600 is about double the number of pixels of 1920x1080, it hurts lol.

Sounds like a vysnc issue, try looking at vsync settings and that new adaptive vsync setting.

I was having this exact same issue, and for me I think it's related to having two monitors enabled at different refresh rates. I game on a 120Hz monitor and have a 60Hz IPS for normal browsing / desktop duties. I noticed that even on the desktop mouse movement has been sluggish, on both monitors. I disabled the second monitor, booted up Crysis 2, and it ran flawlessly.

I just wanted to say that this was also my problem as well and reducing the polling rate down to 125MHz fixed the problem! Thank you! :D

Back