GTX 670 In Stock Thread

Amazon gets massive UPS discounts in the range of most likely 50% off or more for 2nd Day Air and then if you live in a state that is close enough to the warehouse your order is shipping from I've noticed some of my Prime orders have shipped UPS Ground and still delivered in 2 days since all of UPS services have guaranteed delivery dates. The overnight upgrade is $3.99 though instead of $2.99 and if you place an order for multiple items the $3.99 is per item.

Still, $3.99 for overnight shipping is a lot better than Newegg charging you $26 for overnight shipping.

Another money saver, instead of shipping back on a purchase I've decided to return while its en route - as I've read bad things on it since placing the order - I've mastered the art of refusing packages. I just hang a sign "packages refused today" at my door and go to work, instant way to ship back for free and change my mind. I track the package, and as soon as it is marked refused and returned to sender, I take the sign down. Otherwise they just leave it at my door and drive away, no matter if i am home or not. Did that for a Cosmos II case I changed my mind on recently. In about a week I get my money back like clockwork with no restock fee. Works with newegg and amazon.

Great, but I have no idea why you would refuse packages that you ordered. Sounds shady and you're still costing the company money because you changed your mind. Maybe you should be more careful before ordering an item so that you don't have to refuse it upon delivery.

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 670 4GB 04G-P4-2673-KR

In Stock. I've been waiting for this card. Should be a nice upgrade from my 580 SLI cards. I run 3 monitors so was wanting more VRAM. Less than a grand for 2 of these. Includes the backplate and highflow bracket. Nice.

HardOCP commision link - http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-389113...com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130785

I had been waiting on the 4 gig 670's but they took too long to make it to market and EVGA wasn't very open about when they would be available anyway. I went with the Asus TOP and am very happy. Saved $50 or so over what I would've spent for the 4gig EVGA. You'd think when charging $80 more for a card they'd bother to put a non ref cooler on it...

Yeah, in the end, that is costing us all money.

Yep, and its BS like that is the reason why Newegg's return policy is not very good anymore. Restocking fees have gone up considerably over the last few years from Newegg because of people sending good components back to get something else that wasn't in stock at the time or simply overclocks better.

They dropped the price $5 since last night.

Fortunately, I bought it after the $5 drop. Yay, I can buy a starbucks crappachino now!

I had been waiting on the 4 gig 670's but they took too long to make it to market and EVGA wasn't very open about when they would be available anyway. I went with the Asus TOP and am very happy. Saved $50 or so over what I would've spent for the 4gig EVGA. You'd think when charging $80 more for a card they'd bother to put a non ref cooler on it...

I was tempted to go with an ASUS TOP myself, but since I enjoy playing all my games utilizing my 3 monitors with nvSurround when possible, I decided to go with the 4 GB eVGA 670. I know there are arguments whether 4 GB of VRAM is really necessary over 2 GB, but since I was not in a huge rush to upgrade as it was, I decided to wait for the 4GB cards. So, I was able to happily make my purchase when I saw these 4GB cards in stock on NewEgg last night/early this morning.

I am basically paying an $85 premium over a stock 670, but am getting the extra 2 GB of VRAM, the highflow bracket, the backplate, the minor factory overclock. Plus, these 670's will run faster, cooler, quieter and more efficiently than my 580's, so I'm glad to upgrade. I briefly considered going for the 4 GB 680 GTX, but $629 per card is much tougher pill to swallow vs $485.

Prices are dropping on Amazon! The AsusTop was 499, now it can be had for the rock bottom price of 492! buncha crooks :rolleyes:

Interesting that they carry them at all, in that case. Still they do know they're only going to be selling when all the MSRP cards are OOS.

Absolutely. There is no way for a small seller to compete as any sales channel they might try (Amazon, eBay, etc.) carries fees that are too high.

Profit is profit though and many people use Amazon over eBay becuase the fees are lower. My brother sells a good bit of stuff on Amazon as a third party seller, he makes pretty good money doing it as a small side business. That being said, he says there's usually little profit in reselling PC components.

Anyone know where I can find a Gigabyte 670 Windforce (3 fan) OC version? Only one I found that was a decent price was $440 shipped on eBay. Anyone?

Prices are dropping on Amazon! The AsusTop was 499, now it can be had for the rock bottom price of 492! buncha crooks :rolleyes:

The only crooks are Amazon and eBay and their high fees. Selling at $492 is going to net that seller about $20 if they're lucky unless they're putting in large orders direct with a distributor to get better than MSRP pricing. Meanwhile Amazon and eBay are making at least $40 on the same sale.

Profit is profit though and many people use Amazon over eBay becuase the fees are lower. My brother sells a good bit of stuff on Amazon as a third party seller, he makes pretty good money doing it as a small side business. That being said, he says there's usually little profit in reselling PC components.

Amazon fees are actually higher if you're selling high value products like $400-$500+ graphics cards because on eBay there's a lot of discounts you can get like Top-Rated seller status which reduces your FVF's by 20% as well as PayPal gives merchants reduced fees based on your monthly volume. Amazon is just straight up 8% calculated on the selling price + shipping cost for computer components on top of having to pay $40 a month for a Pro Merchant account.

Actually kind of surprised Amazon hasn't run into any anti-trust issues with their pricing structure the way it's being described here. Must be a nightmare to make money selling stuff on Amazon... unless you're Amazon!

OK. Wanted to ask - if all those 670s can OC that good, why peeps don't buy Palit one, whcih is the cheapest and OC? Are those Palit cards bad or sth?
How many of you have Palit cards?
Just checking cause wanted to swap my GTX580 with that one and see when EK will release reference full block...

^
Buying Palit is like buying Visiontek/Diamond/HIS. Shoddy support if you manage to contact them. Aside from that, a number of us prefer non-reference cards.

Yeah, many people (myself included) would rather pay a little more to get the assurance of being able to work with a company with a strong customer service reputation in case something goes wrong.

Actually kind of surprised Amazon hasn't run into any anti-trust issues with their pricing structure the way it's being described here. Must be a nightmare to make money selling stuff on Amazon... unless you're Amazon!

The only way any kind of anti-trust action could be brought is if they had some kind of monopoly on providing third-party selling services. Last time I checked Ebay was probably a much larger player in that field. If Amazon's terms are troublesome to a seller they can easily setup a Ebay-based store.

Yep. I wanted non reference cooling for a quiet build. For an extra 20 bucks over reference its worth it. Plus I've read that some people are having issues with the top edition.

MSRP? Was $399.99 at launch but it seems to be hard to find for that price now. Until they pop back in stock at big retailers like newegg.

Thanks for the link but I only trust Amazon and the egg, plus I still have some credits left on Amazon so I'd rather get the card there.

If you can manage to trust eBay with a seller that has nearly 100% positive and is a power seller there is someone selling them for $440 shipped on eBay.

If you can manage to trust eBay with a seller that has nearly 100% positive and is a power seller there is someone selling them for $440 shipped on eBay.

Thanks for the heads up but I can be a patient man in term of this :D I'm still rocking 1 so far so it's ok to wait for the 2nd one. I think MC has it for $429.99 but considering making a 90 miles trip probably ain't worth it lol

Can anyone comment on the ASUS stock ? Any issues?

Is it as screwed up as the DCT2 version?

From the reports it looks like the problems are with the TOP version only. The reference ASUS seems to be fine.

Anyone know about how often do the Gigabyte Windforce 670s go in stock at newegg? I've been checking once or twice a day for the past week or so and have not seen any in stock.

Anyone know about how often do the Gigabyte Windforce 670s go in stock at newegg? I've been checking once or twice a day for the past week or so and have not seen any in stock.

been refreshing like a woodpecker myself. No luck so I bit the bullet and ordered from Ewiz. Ended up paying about $20 ish more bucks after using $10 off code. Tired of waiting for the Egg to get them back in stock. Ordered from Ewiz today and just got my tracking number from Ewiz - it's coming tomorrow:D

If my luck holds true, the Egg should have them in stock right now. Story of my life, LOL.

been refreshing like a woodpecker myself. No luck so I bit the bullet and ordered from Ewiz. Ended up paying about $20 ish more bucks after using $10 off code. Tired of waiting for the Egg to get them back in stock. Ordered from Ewiz today and just got my tracking number from Ewiz - it's coming tomorrow:D

If my luck holds true, the Egg should have them in stock right now. Story of my life, LOL.

It's ok... I just checked and it's still out of stock :p I don't have the option to buy it at another site since I'm going to be using a Newegg gift card to buy it. I'm actually considering the EVGA FTW edition, but i'm going to give the gigabyte a few more days of waiting.

It's ok... I just checked and it's still out of stock :p I don't have the option to buy it at another site since I'm going to be using a Newegg gift card to buy it. I'm actually considering the EVGA FTW edition, but i'm going to give the gigabyte a few more days of waiting.

I got the evga gtx670 FTW card myself after getting tired of waiting. If you do pull the trigger on the one you won't regret it. :cool:
Even though it uses a blower type cooler it's much quieter/cooler running then say a gtx480. With the help of msi's afterburner it runs about 62c playing metro 2033 with a fan speed of ~ 60%. At that speed it is audible, but its a pleasant white noise and while gaming its not intrusive at all.

Last edited:
Back