GTX 670 In Stock Thread

So stoked! Just bought the TOP model. Thanks guys! Can't wait to get that 3570K GTX670 rig finished.

Finals be damned. :p

I have a reference 670 that I am already running... I ordered a Windforce from Amazon the other day, and now the Asus Top from NE...

Going to wait and see how these cards overclock from others before I decide which box to actually open (either the Gigabyte or Asus), so I don't take a restocking fee on whichever one goes back... And the reference model I have I'll just have to take the small loss on.

I've been silly with these 670s...

Edit: Canceled the Gigabyte one (didn't ship out yet even though I'm a Prime member). Just going with the Asus one. Can't wait for it!

Last edited:
The TOP version is out of stock, but the other version is in stock. Normally, I would say just overclock the non-TOP version, but it's only $10 more, for presumably a better chip, right? Is there any reason to buy the non-TOP version when the difference in price is so small?

The TOP version is out of stock, but the other version is in stock. Normally, I would say just overclock the non-TOP version, but it's only $10 more, for presumably a better chip, right? Is there any reason to buy the non-TOP version when the difference in price is so small?

The stock one is overpriced. It should be 399 or 409 at most.

Got my tracking number from Newegg for my Asus - coming from the CA warehouse though so I wont see it until Monday instead of tomorrow if it had come out of NJ.

all but two models are in stock.

I have the EVGA FTW card on the way. I thought it would be here tomorrow but its coming from California instead of Tennessee. yay that means UPS gets to beat the shit out of it from one side of the country to the other. :(

Amazon has some EVGA models in stock right now as well. I picked up a FTW model just now.

Asus GTX 670 TOP is in stock!

In for one. Couldn't hold back any longer!

My Galaxy 560ti that was artifacting was doing so because the intake filters on my case were too clogged. With those cleared, it works perfectly, and I've overclocked it for the first time and it's running stable. Soooo.... I'll have that up for sale once I get my new card if anyone is in the market and wants to go SLi

Got my tracking number from Newegg for my Asus - coming from the CA warehouse though so I wont see it until Monday instead of tomorrow if it had come out of NJ.

Hate to rain on your party, but Monday is a holiday so you probably won't see it until Tuesday.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ARGH! I had the ASUS TOP in my cart, but remembeedr I had a $30 RMA in my email. I search for the email, and by the time I find it, it's sold out!

Can anyone tell me if the Asus 670 GTX Top is worth waiting for over the regular one with the same fancy cooling? I have a 420 dollar Asus Non-Top on order, but I can cancel. My system is not done, so as long as I can get it within the month or so for a reasonable price, like that 430 dollar newegg one, it would be just as good, not to mention I have my Ivy Bridge GPU to hold me off if I need it. Still waiting for the Asus Maximus V Formula anyway.

I would because the chip is probably better. For $10 and if you don't need it, why not? TOPs have been showing up semi regularly off and on.

Wait for the TOP since you have time anyway. $420 is too much for what is basically a stock card, but $10 more for one with one of the best cooling solutions on the market, a binned GPU, and a non-reference design is totally worth it.

Wait for the TOP since you have time anyway. $420 is too much for what is basically a stock card, but $10 more for one with one of the best cooling solutions on the market, a binned GPU, and a non-reference design is totally worth it.

Cooling and card design should be exactly the same product the only differences is the binning. They're both direct touch 2 etc.

Well I cancelled it, I'll hold out for the top. I actually had it in my shopping cart and it went out of stock as I was looking-researching.

Guys what's this I read about voltage lock ?

I have a 470 and want a new add so I'm looking at these 670s. Thx

Guys what's this I read about voltage lock ?

I have a 470 and want a new add so I'm looking at these 670s. Thx

gtx 670 series is voltage locked at 1.175v....alot of people feel that the headroom can be increase significantly if allowed to go up to something like 1.275v, or what not.

gtx 670 series is voltage locked at 1.175v....alot of people feel that the headroom can be increase significantly if allowed to go up to something like 1.275v, or what not.

earlier in this thread it said the asus will be unlocked. any truth to that or speculation?

earlier in this thread it said the asus will be unlocked. any truth to that or speculation?

I heard about this as well...but majority of GTX 670's are locked.

At this point, we don't know the true potential of the 670...who knows, maybe once someone over volts it, the card won't overclock further, and its pretty much maxed from the factory

After an extensive Internet search for the asus GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 top 670 card, I found a few places that had it listed for under $450, i wont even consider over that, but none I ever heard of or trust, bout the closest one i trust was J&R $450 preorder, not sure if that's the answer, much rather get it from amazon prime or newegg sources, or someone I've ordered from before like tiger or directron. A couple of low rent web shop pages said in stock but I didn't trust them. The most promising was this one, let me know if I should trust them:

http://nyetex.com/video-cards/3254362-asus-pci-e-n-geforce-gtx-670-directcu-ii-top.html

The really strange thing is when I do a on site search for the product it comes up 4 different webpages so I don't know what to think about that as they even have different stock levels.

Last edited:
So I called nyetex, they say they have been around for 5 yrs, small company, reseller for asus, claims legit with 14day return policy, I believe but when I call asus and ask he was unsure but says dont't trust it to be safe. Shame cus they have 15x 670 asus top editions left :(

And they're certainly not on the list of official websites from the asus site.

Back