GTX 660Ti TDP shows 170W, just like the GTX 670!

Rhialto

Gawd
The GTX 680 shows 195W TDP. Then came the GTX 670 with 170W.

In this leaked presentation, MSI shows the 660Ti with 170W TDP (190W for OC version).

Had hope for much lower, like 145-150W.

Oh well, we will know tomorrow. :D

Last edited:
For the MSRP of $349 for this o/c model, I believe I would rather pay the extra $50 and get a 670 for $399.

This is a custom model with beefed up power reg. Reference design should be below the 670 Ref design of 170W.

Well, just because they spec it at 170W TDP, doesn't mean it will operate at it. They're probably anticipating a lot of end user OC'ing, besides the factory OC'd parts... so this is likely a smart move to beef up the cards in order to minimize warranty claims over the long run.

Well, just because they spec it at 170W TDP, doesn't mean it will operate at it. They're probably anticipating a lot of end user OC'ing, besides the factory OC'd parts... so this is likely a smart move to beef up the cards in order to minimize warranty claims over the long run.
um if anything Nvidia usually go the other way. the gtx680 is only listed as 195 watts but pulls almost the same as the 7970 in most games. Nivida cards typically have been using more power than their TDP indicates ever since Fermi.

Reading a bit more here and there suggest there will be lower TDP announced in a few hours...

If it's close to the speed of the 670 then one can say it's very nice. I love the watt/performance ratio with Kepler, for the first time I have a high end GPU that draws less power than my (overclocked, because I always overclock them these days) CPU.

Back