GTX 660 Ti 2GB - $165 after coupon code

nice deal...ordered one..perfect upgrade for my son coming from a 4890

coupon code is in the link

but here.. Coupon Code: "NUEVA20" (Exp 1/6)

Very nice deal. Only thing that makes me not jump on it is the stock cooler.

On the fence... wanted a 7950 3gb for 150-165... ugh prices nowadays.

You cant just use one game to compare cards.

The 270X is a 7870, and using the Anandtech bench, it trades blows with the 660ti and is essentially equal. After owning a 660ti and a 7870, the 660ti had a smoother, better over all performance.

I picked up a Windforce 760 for $200 a couple weeks ago. The cooler on that 660ti is loud and not so great. Ok deal for the card, but expect to pay some more money for a better cooler if you are bothered by noise.

Thanks, I had 60$ in rewards on amazon so that was a better buy for me :D

I was gonna buy but they don't allow numbers in the names so I can't have it sent to my parcel pickup, looks like I'll be waiting for a 760 deal.

This is a hot deal thread, not the thread where you try to sell AMD cards. Besides which, AMD is only faster in BF4. Across all games, both the 660ti and 760 are FASTER than the 270X. It is certainly NOT 30% faster than the 660ti, the 270X actually averages out to be slower than the 760 and 660ti. 10+ games averaged here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/R9_270X_Gaming/24.html

This is a factory OC'ed 270X versus a ref 660ti. And the 660ti is still faster despite being at stock clocks when averaged across 10+ games. 270X is only faster in BF4. This is beside the point though. You're thread shitting. If you find a good 270X deal, post about it. Don't shit on another legitimate good hot deal thread just because you want to push AMD cards.

How so? Price is still $165 after coupon.

Last time I looked said out of stock. Edit,

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCI-e Graphics Card from CowBoom
We're sorry, but this product is currently sold out. You may also like:
Please notify me when this product is back in stock!

This is a hot deal thread, not the thread where you try to sell AMD cards. Besides which, AMD is only faster in BF4. Across all games, both the 660ti and 760 are FASTER than the 270X. It is certainly NOT 30% faster than the 660ti, the 270X actually averages out to be slower than the 760 and 660ti. 10+ games averaged here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/R9_270X_Gaming/24.html

This is a factory OC'ed 270X versus a ref 660ti. And the 660ti is still faster despite being at stock clocks when averaged across 10+ games. 270X is only faster in BF4. This is beside the point though. You're thread shitting. If you find a good 270X deal, post about it. Don't shit on another legitimate good hot deal thread just because you want to push AMD cards.

Sorry you don't find what he posted useful. I did.

It was EXACTLY what I needed, saved more money, and performs better in the 1 single game I wanted this card for.

So, while it may be useless info for you, or not for the 10+ games you play but for myself, and my wife who will only play BF4 for many months this is the PERFECT card to hold her over, and we had credit on amazon to boot, so it was even cheaper than $165.

THANKS FOR POSTING THE OTHER OPTION :D

Don't be a silly willy xoleras. Prior to the R9 270X (XFX CDFR version) I've been exclusively Nvidia since all the way back to at least Viper V770U. If it offers the best bang for the buck and runs one of the newest and most demanding games 100% stable and with very good frame rates then it qualifies as a hot deal.

Don't be a silly willy xoleras. Prior to the R9 270X (XFX CDFR version) I've been exclusively Nvidia since all the way back to at least Viper V770U. If it offers the best bang for the buck and runs one of the newest and most demanding games 100% stable and with very good frame rates then it qualifies as a hot deal.

The 270X is a great card for 200$ but it isn't faster than the 660ti. Anyway the point here is make your own hot deals thread if you find a 270X hot deal. Don't shit on someone elses thread just because you want to push AMD cards.

I don't know if you intentionally did that (lying about the 270X performance) or not, but the 270X isn't faster than the 660ti. That's fine though. Like I said, the 270X is a pretty good card for 200$. But the bottom line is make your own hot deals thread if you find a good deal on the 270X. You still thread shitted because you want to sell AMD cards.

Make. Your. Own. 270X. Hot deal thread. Because the 660ti at 165$ is a steal, not sure why you saw fit to enter, shit the thread, and tell someone to get a slower and more expensive card. Like I said. The 660ti at that price is more than 70$ less than MSRP. If you find a 270X that is less than MSRP, by all means post it IN YOUR OWN THREAD. Trying to push AMD cards in someone elses legit hot deal thread is so ridiculous because a 165$ 660ti is a great deal. It's especially ridiculous when the 270X is slower overall in all games compared to the 660ti.

Last edited:
The 270X is a great card for 200$ but it isn't faster than the 660ti. Anyway the point here is make your own hot deals thread if you find a 270X hot deal. Don't shit on someone elses thread just because you want to push AMD cards.

I don't know if you intentionally did that (lying about the 270X performance) or not, but the 270X isn't faster than the 660ti. That's fine though. Like I said, the 270X is a pretty good card for 200$. But the bottom line is make your own hot deals thread if you find a good deal on the 270X. You still thread shitted because you want to sell AMD cards.

Make. Your. Own. 270X. Hot deal thread. Because the 660ti at 165$ is a steal, not sure why you saw fit to enter, shit the thread, and tell someone to get a slower and more expensive card. Like I said. The 660ti at that price is more than 70$ less than MSRP. If you find a 270X that is less than MSRP, by all means post it IN YOUR OWN THREAD. Trying to push AMD cards in someone elses legit hot deal thread is so ridiculous because a 165$ 660ti is a great deal. It's especially ridiculous when the 270X is slower overall in all games compared to the 660ti.

this guy is crazy.

this guy is crazy.

He goes batshit crazy whenever someone even *thinks* of mentioning the letters A-M-D...I have just considered him a paid Nvidia Shill for quite a while now..He comes into every thread in the AMD forum just to spout off how great Nvidia is..:rolleyes::rolleyes:..

A suggestion for an alternative card belongs in a different thread? really?

Yeah really. He is suggesting a slower and more expensive card. A card at MSRP is not a hot deal. It is also slower and more expensive than the 660ti in this thread.

He should post it in an appropriate thread if he finds a 270X below MSRP. The 660ti at 165$ is a hell of a deal. Period.

He goes batshit crazy whenever someone even *thinks* of mentioning the letters A-M-D...I have just considered him a paid Nvidia Shill for quite a while now..He comes into every thread in the AMD forum just to spout off how great Nvidia is..:rolleyes::rolleyes:..

I sure wish I got free gear from nvidia. Sadly, I do not, i'm not affiliated with them, I have to pay for my shit and posts my experiences with both AMD and NV. Anyway, let's say POT KETTLE BLACK here. I've long considered you the AMD shill. You guys are defending someone for suggesting a slower and more expensive card that was selling at MSRP.

Guess what. The 660ti at 165$ is a fucking hell of a deal. Far less than MSRP. And across all games it is much faster than the 270X. The 210-240$ 270X is a slower and more expensive card. Therefore the only reason it can be suggested is if someone is an AMD shill, blind AMD fan, or trying to push AMD cards. Period.

If you find a 270X that is an actual hot deal, IE, BELOW MSRP, by all means post about it. Posting about a slower and more expensive card SELLING AT MSRP is not a hot deal. But it makes sense for someone pushing AMD cards 24/7.

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I need to start a build for my son. He is sharing a computer with his brother and they are starting to fight over it. Thanks for the heads up OP and every one else in this thread that wants to argue AMD v. Nvidia shut yer piehole and take it to the videocard forums. This is the HOT Deals Forum, not My Favorite brand of videocard forum. You are worse than my kids.

Someone posting a comparable deal in the comments of a Hot Deal thread is NOT thread-crapping. That is why you can respond to threads in the Hot Deal forum. It is not just for saying "THANKS IN 4 1 OP"

Someone posting a comparable deal in the comments of a Hot Deal thread is NOT thread-crapping. That is why you can respond to threads in the Hot Deal forum. It is not just for saying "THANKS IN 4 1 OP"

This seems to be a very complicated idea for the people above to grasp

Yeah, the slower and more expensive card sure is a hot deal. Are you really this dense? He posted a slower and more expensive card which was selling at MSRP. You'd have to be stupid to think that is a hot deal.

Meanwhile, the 660ti at the time was more than 80$ less than MSRP. It was 165$ at the time. That is a hot deal. So in comes mi7chy trying to push AMD cards, and he suggests a more expensive and slower 270X at 210-220$ which is MSRP. The 270X is 10-15% slower than the GTX 660ti across all games, i've already linked benchmarks across 12 games as tested by techpowerup. So please by all means tell me how he wasn't thread shitting. Hello? MSRP is NOT a hot deal. Slower and more expensive card is NOT a hot deal.

If you find a 270X selling below MSRP, by all means post about it. If you find a 270X selling for 160$ that is a hot deal. MSRP is not a hot deal. Slower and more expensive card is not a hot deal.

Please dont call me dense for having a different opinion on computer part deals.
Some people found the 270x suggestion useful. Maybe they play bf4 or mine crypto? Why does it offend you so much?

Why does it offend you so much?

This is my issue with some posters in this thread. They go bananas and their "solution" is to tell contributors to create unnecessary threads. I understand your points, but jesus... relax, people.

Back