GTX 650 & GTX 650 Ti SLI?

staknhalo

Supreme [H]ardness
Would the GTX 650 and GTX 650 Ti work together in SLI (with the Ti clocking/slowing down to match the non-Ti version) or are they too different to be paired in SLI? Thanks.

Don't think so. The archs are very different, though with their names you'd never know it. If I remember correctly, only the 650 ti BOOST can actually SLI.

That wil not be possible, you can only SLI matched cards, you can SLI difderent brands, different clocks and even vRAM size, but no different models, and 650 are 3.. 650, 650TI and 650TI boost. And yes as far i know as said above only GTX 650 TI boost can SLI..

So the 650 and 650 Ti are different chips, not differently clocked/spec'ed versions of the same chip. Gotcha. Thanks guys.

The 650Ti boost are the only ones that can be ran in SLI. the other 650s don't have the connectors for SLI bridges. Can can have 2 of them in your machine, but not using SLI, kinda crazy really. Nvidia should have at least made the 650Ti be SLI ready.

I wish I could SLI my 650Ti in my htpc, I'm curious to see what kind of performance two 650Ti's would have. I could always sale my 650Ti and upgrade to a boost, but that just seems like a lot of trouble.

Ah yeah, there is no place for a SLI bridge connector on top of my my 650 (only one out of a machine ATM); look at that.

Back