GTX 580 VS r9 270x

Xantac

n00b
Same price on these models, I do have I lower (500)watt psu but will upgrade it if I go the 580 . what about performance difference. this is a present for my brother prize his first pc is slow

I think the 580 may perform a bit faster with anti-aliasing and whatnot, as it uses a 384bit memory interface. That said, fermi cards are gunna suck power and produce tons of heat. A good 270x will be basically silent and have 500 more megs!

As everyone knows, the more megs, the better.

family-guy-meg-griffin6.jpg

with all the miners selling there cards as fast as they can.....i figure a 7950(280) or 7970(280x) could be got for around a hundred bucks.....i had one buddy asking if i wanted a 280x for free...he was a bit drunk at the time...so i said we should talk about this another time....but i can only imagine the market is flooded right now...course there's always a risk buying used

i wouldn't mess with a 580 right now....that puppy would make some real heat...and its hot enough right now lol

I would say that the 580 is close to a 760ti now so yeah should be close to a 270x... I would always suggest to take power and heat into the equation when building because it does cost more money in the long run. That being said they are both good cards, and where are you finding them at similar prices?

I would go with the R9 270x for ~$120 since its newer, uses less power, and produces less heat.

Get whatevers cheaper, since they are both similar. 580 if it's the same price.

Why? Because the 270X is very similar to a 7870, which is very similar to a 6970, which is noticeably worse than a 580.

Get whatevers cheaper, since they are both similar. 580 if it's the same price.

Why? Because the 270X is very similar to a 7870, which is very similar to a 6970, which is noticeably worse than a 580.

7870 is actually quite a noticeable fraction faster than the 6970. The 270x is faster again.

Back