GTX 580 rumors

Jen-Hsun is probably talking about the history of GPUs and gaming and all that, and then he'll drop it "introducing... the new GTX 580!".

Then he'll ask the cameras to zoom in to show that there are no wood screws LOL :D:D:D

Guys check out my other thread Fermi Refresh top to bottom, a person @ the PDX is posting right now!!

Introducing the GTX 580! Launch day Nov 9th, 2010! In stores April 23, 2011!

So really, is there going to be a supply of these things next week or not, tiny as it may be.

Sounds like there's a smalled sealed radiator directly contacting the GPU core.

Do you guys think there will be a price drop when the GTX 580 will be announced (hopefully) the 9th? I want to pull the trigger on an ASUS GTX 470 but am a little worried that there will be a price drop right after I buy it.

Do you guys think there will be a price drop when the GTX 580 will be announced (hopefully) the 9th? I want to pull the trigger on an ASUS GTX 470 but am a little worried that there will be a price drop right after I buy it.

Don't count on it, they JUST drastically dropped the price.

Picture is asked to be take out :(

:rolleyes:

NDA lift on Nov 9..... that is all you get for now... :D

Last edited:
[*IMG]http://shansoft.net/image/1.jpg[/IMG]

NDA lift on Nov 9..... that is all you get for now... :D

Nice, saw the picture pre-edit, looked real to me ;). EDIT Well I coulda sworn it was unblocked, it's not in my browser cache but may have been overwritten from refreshing this page.

Nice, saw the picture pre-edit, looked real to me ;). EDIT Well I coulda sworn it was unblocked, it's not in my browser cache but may have been overwritten from refreshing this page.

cant show anything on the black part, there are consequences for showing it ....

that is all I can tease you for now, since NDA is going to lift soon....

All news are great news... or not!

As leaked from multiple sources, it appears that NVIDIA have gone down exactly the same route we speculated they would, resulting in a brand-new (not particularly different) GTX580 card, based on what they're calling the GF110. Unfortunately for some of the manufacturing partners, it seems at this early stage that NVIDIA has failed to make them aware of it!

We've also heard rumblings around the place that the launch of the GTX580 will coincide with the AMD 6970, both due to hit on the 22nd of November. The NVIDIA launch is a weird one. Taking into account the shortness of time since its last launch, and that the new card is coming on the same day as its only real competitor, this is just too close to be called a coincidence - and it's more of a knee-jerk reaction that appears to be constructed solely to take the wind out of the competition's sails.

We contacted four of NVIDIA's top partners on the phone this afternoon, and we've paraphrased the conversations below:

Atomic: Hi {A}, we were wondering when we'd be able to get a review sample of the new GTX580? We were told to expect them roughly by the 9th of November.

Partner A: We're getting some in mid November. You'll be getting one then.

Atomic: Hi {B}, when will we be getting one of your GTX580 cards?

Partner B: We're not actually sure. Stock might be in by December, but we haven't got a confirmation at this stage.

Atomic: Hi {C}, when can we expect the new GTX580 card?

Partner C: ....We don't have that card on our roadmap. Does it exist?

Atomic: Hi {D}. So, how's about that new GTX580?

Partner D: We're getting stock in soon, so expect the card shortly.

While all of the information we've received at this point is speculative it's looking more and more like NVIDIA are simply in a panic; trying to plug up the gaps with semi-new cards as a stopgap solution before (we hope) a more competitive architecture can launch. We're hoping to give it a full run-down in Issue 120 of the magazine - assuming, that is, we get our hands on a card.

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/237213,the-gtx580-launch-flawed.aspx

The issue seems to be availability upon releases.

Fair enough
- but, the card is still under NDA, and doesn't officially exist yet
- even the PDX event on the 6th didn't name the product...

- so, any partners aren't supposed to release availability info to the press yet...
(even less so a week ago)

But, anyway, tomorrow is (allegedly) launch day, so we shall see....
- I can certainly imagine it will have low availability this month... ;)

I don't get it. I guess you two found it funny, so I'm probably missing something here.

You said the NDA lifts on the 9th, so I'm curious what time. If there is a release on that day, then of course it would be midnight. But we don't know if there is - there seems to be at least a little uncertainty now, particularly with the whole "unreleased product" thing.

I don't get it. I guess you two found it funny, so I'm probably missing something here.

You said the NDA lifts on the 9th, so I'm curious what time. If there is a release on that day, then of course it would be midnight. But we don't know if there is - there seems to be at least a little uncertainty now, particularly with the whole "unreleased product" thing.

They are not always midnight. I hear 11am est though for this. No real uncertainty on it coming the 9th though.

30% faster than the Gtx 480 in Vantage, and from rumors no 6970 this month because of production problems. If NV can ramp up production it will hurt Amd`s 69XX series and we get some pricy cards.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So the card gets 10 more FPS in Vantage with tessellation on, or is that with tessellation off? I'm guessing on. What's the original source of that ad?

BTW, I hope that figure doesn't translate into the card actually being $664 when it's released stateside.

Actually, it directly translates to about $550, taking VAT (17.5%), and the current exchange rate (1.62) into account
- so, that would probably work out to $499 Stateside, given that it's not unusual to add 10% for the pleasure of entering the UK market.

yeah that's funny. I hope the card is worth it. I'm up to my eyeballs in sad AMD drivers.

I'm up to my eyes in sad nvidia drivers myself and still wondering wtf they are releasing a new card when they still aren't even close to fixing the drivers for their existing shit. 3DVS support and driver problems are a sad cruel joke right now and they know about the problems and still haven't fixed them. FAIL.

Back