GTX 570 and battlefield 3 question.

Miltos2304

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I want some help regarding gtx570. Will i see significant difference if i purchase
GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX570 GV-N570OC-13I OVERCLOCK 1.3GB over my current gtx 285?

So far i can play all games like crysis 2, fear 3 at highest settings. Mostly i want to get the dx11 card for battlefield 3. I dont want to spend now 1000 euros to get new mobo,ram,cpu and vga. I want to upgrate only my vga till next year where i will build my new rig.

And one last question. I know battlefield 3 is not out yet but you think with GTX570 in my current system will i be able to run games like battlefield 3 and crysis 2 (dx11) over
30-40fps at 1920x1200 at highest settings?

My pc specs now are:

Thermaltake Armor + {with 6 fans}
Asus Rambage Formula I
Asus silend knight 2
Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz
Gigabyte nvidia gtx 285
Corsair 4GB PC8500 1066MHZ,
Wester Digital Raptor 150GB
Creative Xfi Titanium fatality pro

Thanks in advance.

Ignore my signature. For some reason I can't edit it....

yes, however i think only if you overclock that cpu of yours, it should do 4ghz easy and u should be fine with a 4ghz quad and a 570

The Battlefield 3 demos were run on a single GTX 580 and you can overclock the GTX 570 to 580 speeds so you'll be fine.

The Battlefield 3 demos were run on a single GTX 580 and you can overclock the GTX 570 to 580 speeds so you'll be fine.

I would agree with this, but however the OP states only a C2Q @ 3GHz, anyone know what the demos were run on? If sticking with the C2Q i would highly recommend overclocking it to atleast 3.6GHz if you're going to pair it with the likes of a GTX570 or 580.

how far behind is the 570 from the 580? so if BF3 gets average 60 fps on 580, how much would 570 get?

This game is the reason I'm building a whole new rig. This game is going to be epic!

or just wait for BF3 to come out and see what the benchmarks say. if your card is running everything you play on "high" i dont see why you need to upgrade

It would be dumb to buy a video card now for a game that doesn't even have a release date yet. Wait and see the benchmarks.

I would agree with this, but however the OP states only a C2Q @ 3GHz, anyone know what the demos were run on? If sticking with the C2Q i would highly recommend overclocking it to atleast 3.6GHz if you're going to pair it with the likes of a GTX570 or 580.

the GDC demo's were run on stock i7 980x's with 2 GTX 580's installed but only actually using 1 card. the E3 demo's were run on stock i7 980x's with SLI GTX 580's.

It would be dumb to buy a video card now for a game that doesn't even have a release date yet. Wait and see the benchmarks.

not really since Nvidia is putting a lot of funding into BF3 so Nvidia's going to make sure the game runs perfectly on their cards. either way the gtx 570 should be more then enough for BF3 at 1920x1200 or lower resolutions. GTX 580 will be the minimum for 2560x1600.

and OP'er OVERCLOCK THE Q9650!!!! that alone will net you an extra 10-15fps in BFBC2 and most likely the same with BF3.

You were very helpful guys.

I will wait until the game comes out and see the benchmarks before i purchase.

Anyway for now iam happy with gtx 285. I can play any game at maximum details and 1920x1200. Some times i have to turn off vsync and antialiasing.

I took the day off of work allready, I mean i got Family coming in from outta town i need to pick up at the Airport.... LOL, I hope BF3 will rin on my 2600K @ 4800Mhz and Tri-Fire 6970 setup.

I took the day off of work allready, I mean i got Family coming in from outta town i need to pick up at the Airport.... LOL, I hope BF3 will rin on my 2600K @ 4800Mhz and Tri-Fire 6970 setup.

lol well we know who to ask for images from with the game completely maxed out with 24x CFAA now :p

i heard the first demos of battlefield 3 were run on a single 570, but the live e3 stage demo was run on a 580 (just to make sure there was no lag).

i heard the first demos of battlefield 3 were run on a single 570, but the live e3 stage demo was run on a 580 (just to make sure there was no lag).

nope they were run on a single GTX 580 for the first demo's. I had a buddy that went to the GDC event which was their first preview of the game. but the systems had 2 gtx 580's in SLI.

I have a [email protected] and going from 285s in SLi i seen a difference going to just one GTX570, cant wait to get my second.

unless you are running 2560x1600 or planning to run nvsurround i wouldn't bother with a second GTX 570. you'll probably see more of a benefit upgrading that processor, especially in a game like BF3. with that 22" display both cards would sit there pretty much idle since they will be cpu bottlenecked due to the low res.

Well, the 2600K @ 4800 should be good to go.

But you might need to OC those 6970s if you gona game on higher than 1080p :p

From what I understand a 570 should be a HUGE upgrade. As for my self, I'm on a lowly GTX 280 and itching to upgrade, but I don't really see the point until I can replace mobo+cpu+ram. That Yorkfeild of yours should be plenty fast if you try and OC it a bit, but then again, no one really knows what kind of monster this game is going to be yet.

It's probably better to just wait for BF3 to come out, and then either get the new GTX 600 series or buy a GTX 570/580 for cheap.

Theres a good chance that when BF3 comes out the GTX 570/580 still wont be cheap! But I would agree that if you are just looking to upgrade for BF3, it might be smarter to just wait and see what people say.

Yes the performance you will see will be quite significant. And those trailers that you see for bf3 I believe were filmed with dual gtx 580s so I would definitely recommend upgrading. :D

unless you are running 2560x1600 or planning to run nvsurround i wouldn't bother with a second GTX 570. you'll probably see more of a benefit upgrading that processor, especially in a game like BF3. with that 22" display both cards would sit there pretty much idle since they will be cpu bottlenecked due to the low res.

I would love to but Intel keeps playing musical chairs. I dont know what to get and if i get whats new it will be obsolete in a couple months.

Back