GTX 560ti 448 to replace the originals?

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Looks like Nvidia is releasing a new version of the GTX 560ti - the 448. After reading some of the specs and looking at the reference design/power requirements it looks too big to fit in my system. I'd have to wait until final benchmarks to see if the final model turns out to be similar but for now I will assume the current information on it is true.

Does anyone know if this will entirely replace the original GTX 560ti 2GB? I was planning on getting one from EVGA when the price dropped (currently out of my price range at $280), but I am afraid they will all sold and never restocked soon. If someone knew the plans regarding this I would appreciate it. :)

I would hope they would knock the original 560ti down to $200 or so and the 560ti 2GB to $220 while the new one sells for $260 or so... but I am doubtful.

Its basically a GTX 470. Depending on the price it maybe a ok replacemet. But the current one is smaller which I prefer.

Its basically a GTX 470. Depending on the price it maybe a ok replacemet. But the current one is smaller which I prefer.

This is my issue with the new one - too big for my case. Or it will be a very tight fit. I'd just like some confirmation that they will continue to make the old ones. :)

I don't see why not. Two different chips.

If anything this is a limited run for the holidays. These are just broken chips that cannot be a 580 or 570. This is similar to the original GTX 465 that had a limited run.

Last edited:
Its basically a GTX 470.

560ti 448 has GF110 GPU which has lower TDP than GTX470 and GTX570.

Looks like the up coming GTX 560ti 448 will over clock better than the GTX570.

Very well could be a limited run video card. Looks like NVIDIA is trying to get rid of GF110 fast.

For NVIDIA 45nm gpus this new card looks like a sweet spot for performance and value.

Not sure why everyone is jerking off over the new 560.

Looks like Nvidia is trying to get rid of duds. That price in the post above is $295 in U.S. dollars. That price sucks though Fry's never really has good videocard prices anyways. I've seen GTX 570 get down to $250AR and seen several deals in the $280 range. Why would you want this new turd over that? Reminds me of the GTX 465

This new card would be a decent buy at $230 and less. There really haven't been good videocard deals in months. 560Ti (regular version) pricing sucks. Should be less than $150 by now. I think a good deal for it starts at $120. Hard to accept it as a good buy after seeing $60 GTX 460.

The point is not to buy a GTX 460, the prices on those suck now too.

My point is that prices for all videocards suck now. If this card is sold at $295, why would you pick it over a GTX 570? Can you understand that?

Do you start out your day making a conscious effort to shit up threads that people are enjoying?

The only thing that "sucks" is your posting.

Not sure why everyone is jerking off over the new 560.

Looks like Nvidia is trying to get rid of duds. That price in the post above is $295 in U.S. dollars. That price sucks though Fry's never really has good videocard prices anyways. I've seen GTX 570 get down to $250AR and seen several deals in the $280 range. Why would you want this new turd over that? Reminds me of the GTX 465

This new card would be a decent buy at $230 and less. There really haven't been good videocard deals in months. 560Ti (regular version) pricing sucks. Should be less than $150 by now. I think a good deal for it starts at $120. Hard to accept it as a good buy after seeing $60 GTX 460.

I want this new turd because in my country a GTX570 costs at least € 300 ($ 400). So if I could save € 80 ($100) to get a slimmed down GTX 570, why not?

I want this new turd because in my country a GTX570 costs at least € 300 ($ 400). So if I could save € 80 ($100) to get a slimmed down GTX 570, why not?

I would imagine that whatever premium the GTX 570 goes for would be similar with this new card (in percentage)

You will find out 'why', soon enough. :p

Well if they extra shaders could be enabled (or at least a good chance of it happening) then I could see people really wanting it. But then that would mean they were good die to begin with and not rejects. Seems that something like that is more likely to happen closer to launch vs. closer to the sunset of a product.

Well if they extra shaders could be enabled (or at least a good chance of it happening) then I could see people really wanting it. But then that would mean they were good die to begin with and not rejects. Seems that something like that is more likely to happen closer to launch vs. closer to the sunset of a product.

Not in this case. We have an *exception* OtW. You'll see. i was surprised (for a change)
:cool:
. . . and i better get back to benching ...
:eek:

IMO it should have rightfully been named GTX 565, but maybe NVidia wanted avoid the bad rep of the GTX 465.
But anyway, should be a nice card for DP GPU compute.

IMO it should have rightfully been named GTX 565, but maybe NVidia wanted avoid the bad rep of the GTX 465.
But anyway, should be a nice card for DP GPU compute.

Have you considered that perhaps they are keeping their naming options open?
. . . 565 ... 575 ... 585?
:eek:

How much memory are they talking about? If it has 448 shaders, what multiple of vram takes it over 2Gb? With all the texture/memory req'ts of new games, 2Gb seems like an almost needed amount to future proof this card for a year or two.

Cooling? How many fans? Noise? (Nvidia seems to make hot, noisy cards. I'd love for a REFERENCE design to come out which has two slow and quiet fans instead of the normal single, howling, fan.)

How much memory are they talking about? If it has 448 shaders, what multiple of vram takes it over 2Gb? With all the texture/memory req'ts of new games, 2Gb seems like an almost needed amount to future proof this card for a year or two.

Cooling? How many fans? Noise? (Nvidia seems to make hot, noisy cards. I'd love for a REFERENCE design to come out which has two slow and quiet fans instead of the normal single, howling, fan.)
it will come with 1.25gb and maybe some company will slap 2.5 gb on there. this level of card will likely have no use for more than 1.25gb of vram at settings it can handle.

(Hmm, not a very [H] question, but why can it likely have no use for more than 1.25gb?)

(Hmm, not a very [H] question, but why can it likely have no use for more than 1.25gb?)
a gpu is only capable of running certain settings and vram usage is related to those settings being run. with that level of card, you will run out of gpu power at the settings that would need more than 1.25gb of vram.

Well, sure. But WHY? I mean, the HD6xxx cards frequently are equipped with 2Gb of vram and can use it. Is it a bus width issue?

Well, sure. But WHY? I mean, the HD6xxx cards frequently are equipped with 2Gb of vram and can use it. Is it a bus width issue?
a 6950 either has 1gb or 2gb. a 6950 is capable of running a few games at settings that will exceed 1gb so most people get the 2gb model.

a gpu only has a certain amount of potential and different games can exploit different limitations of the same gpu. one game may need more texture power or another game may need more memory bandwidth. still overall each gpu seems to have a fairly consistent level of performance across various games.

bottom line is a gtx560ti 448sp will be just fine with 1.25gb.

Makes you wonder why in earth EVGA made a normal GTX560 with 2GB and a dual gpu GTX560ti with 1gb.

a 6950 either has 1gb or 2gb. a 6950 is capable of running a few games at settings that will exceed 1gb so most people get the 2gb model.

a gpu only has a certain amount of potential and different games can exploit different limitations of the same gpu. one game may need more texture power or another game may need more memory bandwidth. still overall each gpu seems to have a fairly consistent level of performance across various games.

My modded install of Fallout 3 can eat all of the memory on my GTX570 at a very low gpu usage. I would imagine that Oblivion can do the same. Once you bring sli into the picture there are quite a few more games that I can think of where the vram will help.

Makes you wonder why in earth EVGA made a normal GTX560 with 2GB and a dual gpu GTX560ti with 1gb.

Yeah, I agree with you.

For the same reason PowerColor made a 6870 X2 with only 1GB per GPU
Or ASUS made the 580 Mars x2 with only 1.5GB per GPU

These cards are not for enthusiasts, they are only for stupid people with too much money (who see only the advertised total amount of VRAM).

My guess is they're going to come out with GTX 545 Ti, GTX 555 Ti, GTX 565, 567, whatever then come out with the 600 series. :D

My sense is that every time they start lowering the price, they end up introducing another "up" model so they can keep the price high.

What games might that be?

Show me the benchmarks please.

What games might that be?

Show me the benchmarks please.
lol, you are starting to get really annoying. I can go over 1gb with my card, sometimes even at just 1680 at settings the 6950 can handle in a few games. Crysis 2 in DX11, Clear Sky, and GTA 4 for sure. there are also a couple of games where if I crank the AA to 8x or more it will go over 1gb at what would still be playable settings for a 6950. an example would be Batman like I showed you the other night. that does not even cover mods that many people like to use for games like Crysis, Fallout 3, or Skyrim. so again it CAN go over 1gb in a FEW games just like I said.

lol, you are starting to get really annoying. I can go over 1gb with my card, sometimes even at just 1680 at settings the 6950 can handle in a few games. Crysis 2 in DX11, Clear Sky, and GTA 4 for sure. there are also a couple of games where if I crank the AA to 8x or more it will go over 1gb at what would still be playable settings for a 6950. an example would be Batman like I showed you the other night. that does not even cover mods that many people like to use for games like Crysis, Fallout 3, or Skyrim. so again it CAN go over 1gb in a FEW games just like I said.

I said show me the benchmarks , not tell me about them.

Review sites .

I said show me the benchmarks , not tell me about them.

Review sites .
I do not need a review site to tell me what I see right in front of my face. I said the 6950 is capable of running a few games at settings that will exceed 1gb and that is a FACT. you cant even select all the settings in GTA 4 with a 1gb card on decent res. can you get by with 1gb 6950? sure but in a few cases you might want to turn a setting down one notch.

Last edited:
GTA? that dont count, that game is old and uses 1.75gb pf memory for nothing.

Crysis 2? The 6950 runs out of gas when you crank the settings..
Gtx560ti 1gb and 6950 neck and neck 2500x1600 direct x 11 + high res textures.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/crysis-2-dx11-vga-and-cpu-performance-benchmarks/9

Clear sky is too old...

Batman? hmm, I dont see Batman as a problem, even @ 2500x1600. The 6870 1gb seems fine.and if you cranked the settings the 6950 would be unplayable.
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4444/batman_arkham_city_performance_analysis/index5.html

so now you decide which games qualify? some people put tons of hours into GTA 4 and Clear Sky so to disregard those is silly. and AGAIN I said the 6950 is capable of running a few games at settings that will exceed 1gb. that is 100% FACT. I can post screenshots all day long showing you vram usage over 1gb at settings that are playable for that card. all you keep doing is looking at performance compared to other cards when I never said anything more than it would be playable.

You guys are taking cannondale's words too literally. The small handful of (modded) games you guys are mentioning are the exception, not the norm. 1GB is fine for the vast majority of games.

You guys are taking cannondale's words too literally. The small handful of (modded) games you guys are mentioning are the exception, not the norm. 1GB is fine for the vast majority of games.
I agree with that for the most part. people play those games I listed though so does it matter if it is not the norm to them? he wanted me to name a game so I did. I am tired of repeating the same thing over and over to someone who keeps changing the rules and/or missing the point of what I actually said.

Last edited:
I agree with that for the most part. people play those games I listed though so does it matter if it is not the norm to them? he wanted me to name a game so I did. I am tired of repeating the same thing over and over to someone who keeps changing the rules and/or missing the point of what I actually said.

LOL you're right I did, and I thought I was clearing things up. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I get it. When you're talking about new releases 1GB is right at the edge, 1.25GB or more is better so that you don't hit the wall.

You're good bro.

more memory is always better for future proofing, a year ago when i bought my first 560 Ti i wasn't concerned with only having 1gb VRAM because there was almost nothing that would take it over 1gb of use and still be playable, 1 year later and now running 2 in SLI and i wish i had got 2gb cards because in SLI the extra ram esp on newer games can most definitely be put to use.

the 3d mark results someone posted of this new 560 look pertty good esp when overclocked. would be better to see some normal game benchmarks though.

stock result was 5782 vs my 560 Ti SLI setup gets 9217 in the graphics section (the person with this new card has an i7-2600k vs my i5-2500k so im taking the CPU performance out of the eq. to compare performance more directly. i would look up some single 560 Ti benchmarks etc. but 3D mark's search function is failing miserably

2GB of VRAM on low-end (and I'm talking AMD 5450 and Nvidia GT 430) or mid-range cards is for certain non-gaming uses, like Autodesk Maya, where it's needed for rendering high resolution 3D.

well reviews are now coming out, its just barely slower than the 570, no surprise there because its a 570 with 14 shader cores disabled :)

Back