GTX 560 ti: MSI or Gigabyte?

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
I'm quite happy with the MSI 580's I just bought. Have never really had a problem with MSI products in the past either.

I ordered the MSI version from Amazon at $249 shipped (arrives tomorrow). It's overclocked but not as high as the Gigabyte SuperOverClock. Still gets great reviews from various sites.
Bear in mind however that the Gigabyte SOC draws much more power (which is always the case the higher the OC).

As you say, they are easy to OC so I recommend getting the regular version MSI or Gigabyte (not the SOC) for $249.

Avoid Asus as the fans on this are supposed to be louder.

I ordered the MSI version from Amazon at $249 shipped (arrives tomorrow). It's overclocked but not as high as the Gigabyte SuperOverClock. Still gets great reviews from various sites.
Bear in mind however that the Gigabyte SOC draws much more power (which is always the case the higher the OC).

As you say, they are easy to OC so I recommend getting the regular version MSI or Gigabyte (not the SOC) for $249.

Avoid Asus as the fans on this are supposed to be louder.

Ah the Amazon MSI used to be around $274 last time I checked. I'm definitely going for that then...cant beat the price with no tax to CA.

get the MSI and save yourself some money. my 460's with the same cooler stay very cool at idle and load.

Stopped buying from newegg when I discovered I didn't have to pay tax from Amazon/TG lol.

Didn't realize where you lived.
In my case I don't pay tax to newegg, but Amazon charges taxes in NY......sometimes the free prime shipping evens things out.:D

Anyway, the price difference may be clock speeds. I noticed the MSI on TD was clocked higher than the MSI on newegg and that may be the 20 dollar difference.

I don't think you can make a bad choice here, as all the designs seem about the same save for evga's which follows a pretty strict reference design.

I hvave the MSI 460 GTX and the card itself has been great.

They have software that supposedly can find firmware and driver updates but so far I have never had any updates show up when using this - even when I know newer drivers have been released.

Anyone know why this is?

Back