GTX 480 tri-sli only 35% load on Tropico 3

PAo_ReVoLT

[H]ard|Gawd
hi guys i have a problem with GTX 480 Tri-SLI the game only use 35% of each GPU on tropico 3, it has lastest driver w/ fresh win7 64bit install. tropico 3 has directx3d 9. this happen both on single monitor and triple monitor @ 1200p. i tried to run furmark which is openGL it fully used 3 of my GPU core at 100% w/o any problem

please help thx

3x 480 scaling is a curious beast for me, it's an all or nothing proposition thus far. What kind of performance numbers are you getting? I really would think that your performance is fantastic and that better scaling isn't going to add anything you'd notice anyway . Take a look at this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1534733

3x 480 scaling is a curious beast for me, it's an all or nothing proposition thus far. What kind of performance numbers are you getting? I really would think that your performance is fantastic and that better scaling isn't going to add anything you'd notice anyway . Take a look at this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1534733

i dont do 3d since there is no 3d ips panel, but so far i switching from 3x asus 5870ROG trifire performace is a lot better also better driver set

Yeah, 3D is where I'm finding scaling, at least in titles that are compatible, is 100%. But even those 2D benchies of Heavan and Stone Giant are at 100%. In fact as I said its all in a few cases or nothing the vast majority of of time and that's what I don't get. No 20% or 30% in ANYTHING.

There's something that's going on here and its hard to pin down because there's so few people using this setup but I would like to know what's the deal. The performance of 2 cards is killer anyway pretty much but why all or nothing, I just don't get.

But 3D is where you'd really get a kick out of those puppies, but I understand you IPS requirement. On benefit of these monitors is the 120Hz refresh rate. Even in desktop mode its easy to tell for me at least the reduction in eye strain.

Almost forgot, check to see if your frame rate caps out at 142 FPS. I bet it does.

Almost forgot, check to see if your frame rate caps out at 142 FPS. I bet it does.

yes in surround mode 142 FPS is capped but in single monitor it is not also in surround mode i only can do 2xAA otherwise i will get BSOD i think it is bandwidth limitation. i have all my 3 panel each of them connect to the first DVI on each card (the one that is away from mobo). anyway i know tropico 3 is really rely on CPU but still i am wondering why i only cap at 35%load on each card. tonight i will try disable SLI to see if i will get 100% load on 1 card or not.

Yes, the 142 cap is only in 2D surround. With one monitor I see things capping out at 300 which is basically a meaningless number anyway. A BSOD? Haven't seen these drivers do that except once when I screwed up the install of the 3D USB driver for the glasses when the beta came out.

But the cap is the problem. Even with only two cards I see the same 142 FPS cap in surround. So there's something about the driver that doesn't allow anything to go over 142. But I've heard people say that can go over 142 with 2D Surround in some games, Couterstrike Source was the game but I can't remember where that came from right now.

Back