GTX 465 Preview on X-bit

Still GF100 until they do a respin they'll have trouble beating the heat/power issue.

Still GF100 until they do a respin they'll have trouble beating the heat/power issue.

There's not going to be a respin. They're moving full speed ahead to GF200 (or whatever flavor of the month name they'll give it.)

Damn that was pretty yawntastic. At best it will lower the 5850 to MSRP prices (or least the last ones I remembered) which are $279, but at this performance probably not. :(

There's not going to be a respin. They're moving full speed ahead to GF200 (or whatever flavor of the month name they'll give it.)

As long as they're making a new chip and not just a gf100 cut down, they really need this since gf100 runs really really hot. Lucky I have AC otherwise I think my gtx470 would probably over heat on a 90degree day.

This chip hits high 80s just from playing WoW.

Well that didn't suck as badly as 5830 but still they need to drop the price.

xbit sucks ass

i want OC results, power draw, oc results with volts tweak and temps idle and load and BC2 benches.

XBIT FAILS

xbit sucks ass

i want OC results, power draw, oc results with volts tweak and temps idle and load and BC2 benches.

XBIT FAILS

Nvidia GeForce GTX 465 Preview <-- see that last word right there? PREVIEW.. means its not a full review.. its a quickly put together article that gets the basic numbers out to the public..

$279 MSRP for the 465? That's got to be some kind of sick, sorry joke. It barely beats out the 275 and actually loses to it in some benches.

The price on this part has to drop to $249 for it to sell. It gets its ass kicked by the 5850. Its target competition should be the 5830.

The 465 seems like it's competing more with the 5770 rather than the 5830. Pretty sad that the GTX 275 can match or beat the 465. Current price = FAIL. Drop the price to less than $200 = win.

$279 MSRP for the 465? That's got to be some kind of sick, sorry joke. It barely beats out the 275 and actually loses to it in some benches.

The price on this part has to drop to $249 for it to sell. It gets its ass kicked by the 5850. Its target competition should be the 5830.
According to Wikipedia, the MSRP was supposed to have been $249.

It's GF100 not surprised, no matter what GF100 is always going to run hotter than the competition. Till they come out with a better chip, GF104 maybe?

wtf

Its running about as fast as a gtx275 that is SAD considering it has 112 extra shaders, gddr5 + extra ram

geeze fail nvidia... FAIL

WTF are you guys doing??!?!

Back