GTX 295 109.99 @ EVGA B-stock

aznever

Gawd
link

use facebook50k for additional 10% off.

it also has the EVGA GeForce GTX 460 2Win for 249.99

Some other nice deals in there too, a 6800 XT for 10 bucks, 480 for 220. Great deal on the 480.

100 is about what a used EVGA 295 goes for on ebay though, so that one is not so hot. I think anyone who ever used one realizes the power draw makes the actual running cost (especially cost vs performance) rather insane.

I bought a B-stock 580 and it's running just fine. With the internet being a giant bitchfest I figured that, having not heard any raging over B-stock, it must be a good deal.

Some other nice deals in there too, a 6800 XT for 10 bucks, 480 for 220. Great deal on the 480.

The 6800 is AGP, so kind of obsolete.

I think the 250 for $40 is a great deal for someone building a budget gaming machine.

Probably sold out of the 295's. Interesting the 2GB 285 is 33% cheaper than the 1GB 285.

And for the record, I have multiple evga white boxes (b-stock comes in white) around my house. Only failure I had was an 8800gts bought a couple years ago that went through the same issue multiple other G80's went through with heat. I had a 260-216 that had the choke-rattle thing going on and they replaced it after the 30-day warranty was up, and even upped the warranty time so that I could make sure everything was good afterwards (found that there was no card issue - my PSU 12V line was dying and was only putting out 11V under load).

which one of these would be a good upgrade from a GTX 280?
gtx 560 ti 1gb at $179.99, gtx 560 1gb $149.99, gtx 470 $159.99, gtx 460 $129.99, or gtx 460 2gb at $149.99.
will 2gb help if I have some background processes (firefox tabs) running when gaming?

which one of these would be a good upgrade from a GTX 280?
gtx 560 ti 1gb at $179.99, gtx 560 1gb $149.99, gtx 470 $159.99, gtx 460 $129.99, or gtx 460 2gb at $149.99.
will 2gb help if I have some background processes (firefox tabs) running when gaming?
a gtx460 is no faster than what you have. the very minimum card for an upgrade would be a gtx560 Ti or gtx470. even those will only be about 30-35% faster than your gtx280. btw I could not stand the noise, heat and power consumption of the gtx470 and was glad to get rid of it after just a week. and you should be closing your browser before gaming anyway as that could use cpu and system memory. it will make almost no impact on vram though.

GTX 460 SE routinely go on sale for $99 new.

Isn't the SE versions quite a bit crippled compared to the non-SE?

That said, is 2GB overkill for a video card? Looking at one of the 460s myself (big upgrade from a 320mb 8800gts)

Isn't the SE versions quite a bit crippled compared to the non-SE?

That said, is 2GB overkill for a video card? Looking at one of the 460s myself (big upgrade from a 320mb 8800gts)
SE has 288sp/48tmu as opposed to 336sp/56tmu for regular gtx460. 2gb vram can be useful in some cases but on a gtx460 level of card it is basically useless. what resolution and what are the rest of your specs because that will determine what card you should get.

SE has 288sp/48tmu as opposed to 336sp/56tmu for regular gtx460. 2gb vram can be useful in some cases but on a gtx460 level of card it is basically useless. what resolution and what are the rest of your specs because that will determine what card you should get.

This isn't necessarily true as the 2GB can be quite helpful when you're upping the games AA level even on GTX 460 level card in SLI mode.

Stop spreading FUD.

This isn't necessarily true as the 2GB can be quite helpful when you're upping the games AA level even on GTX 460 level card in SLI mode.

Stop spreading FUD.
who said anything about SLI? stop trying to act like a jerk with your "Stop spreading FUD" comment as my respnse to him was perfectly accurate. all you did was take part of my comment out of context.

Ok no need to argue back and forth... cheapness wins out over me since I don't think the 2GB is worth $35 more :D

1GB < $100 after rebate

Why would anyone get the GTX 460 2GB if it wasn't in SLI mode?
did you even read his comment or my reply carefully? he asked if 2gb was useful and I said in some cases yes but no so much with a gtx460 level of card. if he had asked about SLI then my reply would have been different.

a gtx460 is no faster than what you have. the very minimum card for an upgrade would be a gtx560 Ti or gtx470. even those will only be about 30-35% faster than your gtx280. btw I could not stand the noise, heat and power consumption of the gtx470 and was glad to get rid of it after just a week. and you should be closing your browser before gaming anyway as that could use cpu and system memory. it will make almost no impact on vram though.

FUD, gtx 460 is a nice boost and runs dx11 cool+quiet. 470 in single card runs quiet enough but a bit warm. And yes, it is safe to run ddr3 at 1/100th of a volt higher than stock, cannondale06.

I like how you go back and change your posts. Anyway, you've spread FUD before and you're doing it again. Stop it.

Let's not derail this post.

GTX 295 is a beast! I have one if anyone wants it, lol. Not for free, though. :D

FUD, gtx 460 is a nice boost and runs dx11 cool+quiet. 470 in single card runs quiet enough but a bit warm. And yes, it is safe to run ddr3 at 1/100th of a volt higher than stock, cannondale06.
whats with attitudes in this thread? and you are wrong anyway as a gtx460 is basically dead even with a gtx280. at 1920 a gtx280 gives 97% of the performance of a gtx460. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_460_1_GB/31.html

and MANY people and reviews said the gtx470 ran hot and loud because it did for those people including myself..

I like how you go back and change your posts. Anyway, you've spread FUD before and you're doing it again. Stop it.

Let's not derail this post.

GTX 295 is a beast! I have one if anyone wants it, lol. Not for free, though. :D
there was no FUD. you jumped in and took my comment out of context and added SLI to a topic that had nothing to do with it. the ONLY reason you posted that is to stir up shit as usual with me. there was not one single thing wrong with what I posted so please grow up with your FUD claims.

whats with attitudes in this thread? and you are wrong anyway as a gtx460 is basically dead even with a gtx280. at 1920 a gtx280 gives 97% of the performance of a gtx460. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_460_1_GB/31.html

and MANY people and reviews said the gtx470 ran hot and loud because it did for those people including myself..

It ran hot but not loud except sli.

460 1gb is 30 percent and more faster than a gtx 280, and overclocks better. Go look at hardware canucks or anand reviews, etc. Across most reviews it is the case with few titles as exceptions. Again, please stop.

It ran hot but not loud except sli.

460 1gb is 30 percent and more faster than a gtx 280, and overclocks better. Go look at hardware canucks or anand reviews, etc. Across most reviews it is the case with few titles as exceptions. Again, please stop.
so I guess reviews that called it loud were just spreading FUD too?

and I guess if I show a review with the gtx460 being not much better then that site is not good enough or perhaps spreading FUD? and I hate to burst your bubble but in most reviews a gtx460 is barely 30-35% faster than a gtx260 nevermind the gtx280. so why don't you lose the accusatory attitude?

Are you kidding me with this non-sense? You're doing it again. You posted exact same crap many moons ago on my thread.

That techpowerup review is based on a stock GTX 460. Tell me where you can find a stock GTX 460 anymore? Everyone of them is OC'd to 20% because they are OC'ing beasts. GTX 280 barely could get 10% OC. How do I know? Because I owned two of them. Also GTX 280 sucked at AA for advanced titles like Crysis. GTX 460? Eats through it usually and sometimes limited by its 1GB vram.

there was no FUD. you jumped in and took my comment out of context and added SLI to a topic that had nothing to do with it. the ONLY reason you posted that is to stir up shit as usual with me. there was not one single thing wrong with what I posted so please grow up with your FUD claims.

Lol. You go around act like you're the hardware expert by reading only reviews and hardly ever speaking from actual user experience.

And stop giving advice that is inaccurate.

2gb vram can be useful in some cases but on a gtx460 level of card it is basically useless.

This is not taken out of context. You said it, and you're wrong.

Are you kidding me with this non-sense? You're doing it again. You posted exact same crap many moons ago on my thread.

That techpowerup review is based on a stock GTX 460. Tell me where you can find a stock GTX 460 anymore? Everyone of them is OC'd to 20% because they are OC'ing beasts. GTX 280 barely could get 10% OC. How do I know? Because I owned two of them. Also GTX 280 sucked at AA for advanced titles like Crysis. GTX 460? Eats through it usually and sometimes limited by its 1GB vram.

Lol. You go around act like you're the hardware expert by reading only reviews and hardly ever speaking from actual user experience.

And stop giving advice that is inaccurate.

This is not taken out of context. You said it, and you're wrong.
so now its not good because its stock compared to stock? yes the gtx460 can oc much better but its still not much of an upgrade over a gtx280.

and the guy has a 8800gts 320mb and was asking about a gtx460 so SLI had NOTHING to do with anything. if he would have asked about SLI then I would have said that yes having 2gb of vram would be useful. he did not and I said that 2gb was basically useless on a "gtx460 level of card" which of course means a single card. you in turn said for SLI it would help and then even went on to act like no one gets a gtx460 without going SLI. :rolleyes:

so now its not good because its stock compared to stock? yes the gtx460 can oc much better but its still not much of an upgrade over a gtx280.

and the guy has a 8800gts 320mb and was asking about a gtx460 so SLI had NOTHING to do with anything. if he would have asked about SLI then I would have said that yes having 2gb of vram would be useful. he did not and I said that 2gb was basically useless on a "gtx460 level of card" which of course means a single card. you in turn said for SLI it would help and then even went on to act like no one gets a gtx460 without going SLI. :rolleyes:

Again, you're wrong. Because GTX 460 is much better performer and a good upgrade over GTX 280. I've owned both and I've tested them extensively. Why do you think I sold my GTX 280's for GTX 460's? Never looked back. Even at stock clocks GTX 460 demolishes 280's when AA comes into play. And don't tell me no one uses AA either, lol.

My point was that no one would get a 2GB GTX 460 without going SLI. You made a blanket statement that GTX 460 level card is useless with 2GB, which is obviously not true.

Anyway, I wish to not derail this thread anymore than it already has. All I'm asking you to do is refrain from giving advice just by going off some charts that you see on websites.

Again, you're wrong. Because GTX 460 is much better performer and a good upgrade over GTX 280. I've owned both and I've tested them extensively. Why do you think I sold my GTX 280's for GTX 460's? Never looked back. Even at stock clocks GTX 460 demolishes 280's when AA comes into play. And don't tell me no one uses AA either, lol.

My point was that no one would get a 2GB GTX 460 without going SLI. You made a blanket statement that GTX 460 level card is useless with 2GB, which is obviously not true.

Anyway, I wish to not derail this thread anymore than it already has. All I'm asking you to do is refrain from giving advice just by going off some charts that you see on websites.
if you think its worth it for 20% or so better performance if both the gtx280 and gtx460 were overclocked then great. I personally do not see that as much of an upgrade at all.

and no you read what you wanted to read just so you could make your little insulting comment. I said 2gb could be useful and then I said with a gtx460 level of card it would be basically useless. and what freaking percentage of gtx460 owners do you think are going to run SLI? and the guy mentioned he was coming from a 8800gts 320mb so does that sound like someone who is probably even interested in going gtx460 SLI? AGAIN if he would have asked about SLI then my answer would have been that yes 2gb would certainly be useful.

Last edited:
Why don't you two stop bitching, get a room and have some heated make-up sex already.

And cannondale06, stop going back and re-editing your post for the upteenth time. Lol. It's not that serious.

And don't you have better things to do? Like, going to review sites to memorize their GPU performance comparison charts?

get the 465 gtx, if you're luckly enough to get one with a black PCB. You can unlock to 470 gtx.

Just grabbed a 1GB 460 FPB version. $107 with tax and free shipping, not too shabby, finally can retire this 8800gts

Just grabbed a 1GB 460 FPB version. $107 with tax and free shipping, not too shabby, finally can retire this 8800gts
yeah that's not a bad deal at all and it will be a massive upgrade over that old 8800gts 320mb. I am pretty tempted myself but one would not satisfy my needs and SLI is not something I personally want to fool with.

You mother fathers who bought the last 6800 xt i had it in my shopping cart and when i came back it was out of stock. :(

Back