GTX 285 for 99 bucks! Frys.

lillimon04

2[H]4U
Haha was looking at the ad and se that the GTX 285 is only 99 bucks! Think they would honor the price?
Had to look at it a couple of times to believe it. :D

That ad is correct... unfortunately went down to my Fry's to make sure and it looks like they have already posted a sign stating that it was a misprint and the real price is $379. :(

you could try bringing in a copy of the mercury to bestbuy and try to get a pricematch. but you'd have to find a bestbuy that carries a 285 (easier said than done).

you have about a 0.000001% of getting BB to PM that price, worth a try i guess
That's assuming you had the actual ad.. if you come in with a print out, I think it's 0%. Also I've had Best Buy call the other store to check sometimes.

Obviously it's a misprint, but i wouldn't be surprised if this GTX 285 sold for $99 by mid-2010. :cool:

So did anyone actually go try to pick one up? If I had a frys nearby i'd take the flyer to like BB or something and try to get a price match!

So did anyone actually go try to pick one up? If I had a frys nearby i'd take the flyer to like BB or something and try to get a price match!

I've had best buy refuse to honor legit Fry's ads in the past. What's more, even if they would honor it, they'd definitely call Fry's to verify it was in stock.

I've had best buy refuse to honor legit Fry's ads in the past. What's more, even if they would honor it, they'd definitely call Fry's to verify it was in stock.

I'm sure it would be in stock, if I worked at Frys and they called I'd say it was the right price if they asked :)

I've had BB fail to honor their own adds.

Amex pricematch opportunity since it is a printed local ad. Good for those of you in the bay area.

Fry's will have a note signed by the PIC/ASM/SM at the ad area stating that it was an error. They won't honor the pricing mistake.

Back