GTX 280 temps

phinix

Gawd
Just installed my new GTX280 (Leadtek) and wanted to share/ask about temps you guys getting with these cards (stock cooling):

IDLE:
GPU: 40C
RAM: 39C
VRM: 38C

LOAD: (3DMark06)
GPU: 70C
RAM: 68C
VRM: 71C

These are temps shown by Everest 2007. Ati Tool showed 80C on GPU during 3DMark06.. Don't know which one is right...

Checked - almost the same. 40C is like temp for all parts in idle.

Played Crysis Warhaed today for a 20 minutes. COOL !!!! Max detials on 1920x1200 and running smoooooth. LOVE IT! :)

BUT!!! Question is - how loud are your fans during play guys? Mine is 100% of speed straight at the beginning! Temps are like 79C max for GPU and memory/VRM about 60C.

Oh. and that strange noise! My card s making strange noise in 3D - some kind of whisling... its louder that a fan;)

Turn on vsync and the noise will go away...I think it's coils vibrating on either the psu or card, probably the card, but it's not dangerous apparently and others have reported this as well.

I find mine only rings up like that with really high FPS, so enable vsync in control panel and problem solved.

Cool, I'll try that:)

And what about temps and fan? I tired to rise the GPU clock a bit and fan started to speed up even with 20MHz more than stock. Temps rised as well pretty quickly. My previous card GTS512 could be OC'ed 100MHz more and fan didnt speed up a bit.
Is that GTX280 really so hot and have to raise fan speed so quickly?

Back